NAM for Mac App Store Version?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hi Simtropolis,

I purchased Sim City 4 on my Mac through the Mac App Store. Is it possible to install the NAM on this version?

By the way, I'm new to this community... so if this question has already been answered, please just post the link. 

Would that be the Aspyr version? (I'm not a Mac user so I'm kind of clueless for this.) But if so, the Network Addon Mod (NAM) - Mac Installer Version 35 should be just fine. Do read the info on that page about it.

Or just wait until one of the gurus pops in with a more definitive answer. ;)

Mods should be compatble with both Mac releases, the disk and app store varants.

There are a few caveats though. By and large, mods with installers either need a Mac-compatible one or you'll need to use a 3rd party tool (FileJuicer) to access the files. Another issue relates to a limitation of the Mac version, you can only load a certain number of files (plugins) or you'll run into problems. Because of this, it is recommendd that Mac users DAT-Pack the NAM after installation to reduce the number of files, freeing them up for other mods.

Some useful information can be found here. It's for NAM 32, but most of it is still relivant.

Update: 2 weeks ago, I contacted apple and installed the original system. Long story short, I updated my computer to El Capitan, and Simcity 4 now works again. I was able to install the latest version of NAM. I was also able to force compress the .Dat files from my virtual machine, so I saved over 700 MB of space. Thank you.

On 31/01/2017 at 2:41 AM, Bradw2005 said:

Update::  I have 4 of every NAM function in SC4 for some reason.. Can't figure it out.

Sounds like duplicate files to me, did you Dat Pack your NAM files? If so I'd recommend starting over.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:41 PM, Bradw2005 said:

Update::  I have 4 of every NAM function in SC4 for some reason.. Can't figure it out.

did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fakelvis
      As you will no doubt know, the Maxis SC4 website shut down a long time ago, and with it went the Maxis tools and DLC landmarks.
      The Maxis DLC landmarks were once available over on Screwpile Developments, but that no longer works. Also @MoofishPro made them available here, but the .ipb file means these cannot be installed on a Mac.
      (Staff Note: This has now been fixed and was broken due to an error with the file submission, where the zip extension wasn't assigned. So this can also be a viable alternative to the landmarks as packaged here.)

You can find all of these by trawling the internet and various SC4 forums. But, in this simple .zip file, I've compiled the .dat files for all 29 Maxis DLC Landmarks.

Unzip Place the entire folder into your SC4 Plugins folder Done
      63 Building Adler Planetarium Air Force Base (actually a Civic Reward, not a landmark) Arc de Triomphe Brandenburg Gate Capitol Records Globe Arena Grand Central Station Grutze Industries Grutzehaus Kunjungjon Living Mall Longfellow Castle Lucky's Hang Ten Mayflower Port Nam Dae Moon (a.k.a. Sungre Mun) Parthenon Rockerfeller Center San Francisco City Hall Schloss Schoenbrun Shorty Burger Seoul City Hall Seoul Soccer Stadium Sobchak Lanes Stone House (a.k.a. Ian's House of Stone and Wood) Stonehenge Taipei Art Museum Temple Expiatiori de la Sagrada Familia Temple of Grutz
      As far as I can see, this is compatible with the 'AllInOne.dat' file from @toroca's Functional Landmarks mod.
    • By fyr_ftr
      I am unable to get NAM to install on my Windows 10 computer.  Scrapped my CD versions, purchased from GOG but NAM won't install, it skips ever file.  Need massive help please.  Thanks in advance

• By nycsc4
      Hi all.
      So I was curious if a solution existed for this problem.  I've attached a photo.  For whatever reason I can't place residential zones along stations for the NAM networks.  I always end up with the no car zot.  I don't have this problem with commercial zones however, those seem to work fine.  Normally I just zone commercial but in situations like this with row homes, I'd like to be able to complete the row.
      (Also, any chance we'll see an update for the stations that matches the newer textures?)

• By Kim Shien
      Hi all...
      I need help about NAM...
      When I choose the icon, but can't build the road...arrow also red color.
      I use WINDOWS 10 X64, RAM 16GB, Display Adapter is NVidia GeForce 930A
      My SimCity game also already updated to 1.640...
      Can anyone give suggestion what can I do or something...please, thanks.

• By CaptCity
      Welcome to the NAM General Support Topic. Please post your questions concerning NAM 36 and its components here.
      Get the newest version:
      It is also available on the LEX. (You must be registered and logged in to see the link.)
      A special note about the Diagonal Bridge Enabler: Please read the instructions for its use. If the game's water "disappears," the instructions were not followed.
      It is recommended that you check this topic for solutions to common questions and issues.
      If you have any particular requests or suggestions for new NAM features, please see this topic.