anelementof1

NAM for Mac App Store Version?

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi Simtropolis,

I purchased Sim City 4 on my Mac through the Mac App Store. Is it possible to install the NAM on this version?

Thanks,

By the way, I'm new to this community... so if this question has already been answered, please just post the link. 

Would that be the Aspyr version? (I'm not a Mac user so I'm kind of clueless for this.) But if so, the Network Addon Mod (NAM) - Mac Installer Version 35 should be just fine. Do read the info on that page about it.

Or just wait until one of the gurus pops in with a more definitive answer. ;)

Mods should be compatble with both Mac releases, the disk and app store varants.

There are a few caveats though. By and large, mods with installers either need a Mac-compatible one or you'll need to use a 3rd party tool (FileJuicer) to access the files. Another issue relates to a limitation of the Mac version, you can only load a certain number of files (plugins) or you'll run into problems. Because of this, it is recommendd that Mac users DAT-Pack the NAM after installation to reduce the number of files, freeing them up for other mods.

Some useful information can be found here. It's for NAM 32, but most of it is still relivant.

Update: 2 weeks ago, I contacted apple and installed the original system. Long story short, I updated my computer to El Capitan, and Simcity 4 now works again. I was able to install the latest version of NAM. I was also able to force compress the .Dat files from my virtual machine, so I saved over 700 MB of space. Thank you.

On 31/01/2017 at 2:41 AM, Bradw2005 said:

Update::  I have 4 of every NAM function in SC4 for some reason.. Can't figure it out.

Sounds like duplicate files to me, did you Dat Pack your NAM files? If so I'd recommend starting over.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:41 PM, Bradw2005 said:

Update::  I have 4 of every NAM function in SC4 for some reason.. Can't figure it out.

did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By olegario39
      i have RRW installed on my SimCity 4 game, but the variable angle pieces are still the default Maxis textures. and it kinda looks awkward on my cities

• By denzo
      Hi,
      I am new to modding in SimCity 4, have just started it with NAM, and installation went without problems.
      But in Data Views, Zones, the visual appearience have changed: it shows not just the zone blocks but some tiny elements (cars, bushes etc) that placed on that zones, this view removes only the buildings. Is it possible to turn it back as it was in the vanilla version? Show only the zone types, without any elements on it.

• By Corrival_Rhyme
      So when I go to use NAM's ground tram station, specifically working with its tracks, not placing the station (no problems there), it freaking crashes the game when I basically place either types of tracks, the draggable or the single one.
    • By Chief ZDN
      Hello,
      I've found a pair of hidden news title and content. The news contains dirt road, which is NAM replaced by RHW. So, the news is replaced (or deleted) by NAM. Here's the news:
      The discovery screenshot can be found at https://imgur.com/a/Lx7Ya.
      Thanks.
    • By kmad1988
      Hi i want to put a MIS Level 1 road over the RHW 4, i have a ground to level 1 MIS Slope  but can't find the piece to go over the RHW 4 to connect to the slope on the other side. I've searched through all pieces and cant find what i need. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you