Benedict

Ben's Top Ten: SimCity 2013

87 posts in this topic Last Reply

introv.jpg

Ben's Top Ten: SimCity is a weekly list of the top ten most popular and active City Journals in the SimCity (2013) CJ forum.

The list is determined using a weekly scoring formula based on several factors pertaining to all the active CJs. The majority of the score is from the current week's activity, with some part of the score dependent on the previous three weeks' activity. Essentially the score is based on the number of unique non-author comments divided by the number of author comments.

We've had three weeks of SC (2013) CJs, so BTT is proud to present the first top ten. Congratulations to the first number one: Untitled... For Now.

Happy CJing!

benstoptensc130321.jpg

Wow, thank you so much!!! :O:D  It's been a while since I've been this high on one of those... you have to go back to some of the first SC4 ones you ever did! :O:P

I've thoroughly enjoyed viewing the SC 2013 CJs in the forums; thanks to everyone for posting their work. :)

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Hi, sim_link. Thanks! It is going to be an interesting journey, I hope.

Hi, 111222333444. Thanks for your comment.

Hi, SomewhereSim. Thanks is really due to the people who have commented in your CJ, since I use a formula based on your contributions to your thread and replies each week.

Hi, Ln X. You're the first author with 2 CJs in the Top Ten - well done.

Hi, B-more4. Well done last week.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ben's Top Ten

There's a new number one - congratulations to Region Hadleys Hope.

New at 3 and 5 are Cobra Valley Region and Sightseeing Tour Mithlondon.

Enetering the Top ten on their debut week are Simcity Circle City at 7 and The Marantoa Commonwealth at 8 - great stuff.

Until next time, happy CJing!

benstoptensc20130328.jpg

Thanks for posting, Ben!!  I have to say, I really love a lot of the new CJs on this list; they were great additions to our talented pool!! :)

Congrats to everyone!! :party:

Edit: Thanks for catching the name change, Ben. :P

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Hi, Sim_Coug. Yes, it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Hopefully with some gameplay fixes and some gradual work on custom content it will take off.

Hi, Ln X. Well done this week.

Hi, B-more4. You've had almost as many name changes as avatar changes in the last few weeks.

Hi, 89James89. You're moving up this week.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ben's Top Ten

There's a new number one - congratulations to Vizoria.

Entering the Top Ten on its debut week is Los Santos.

benstoptensc20130404.jpg

You can follow Ben's Top ten on Twitter @benstopten

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Hi, Ln X. It is the ratio of your updates to other members' replies that had you on top last time.

Hi, B-more4. And this week continues the trend.

Ben's Top Ten

There's a new number one - well done to Los Santos.

Cloudscape is a new entry at 5, and there are two CJs featuring on their debut week: Ventura County at 7, and Crazy's Collection 2013 at 9 .

benstoptensc20130411.jpg

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Hi, B-more4. Five weeks... and five different number ones.

Hi, Cobhris96. Good stuff last time.

Hi, galacticwarrior. In for a second week - good work.

Hi, 89James89. On the rise this week.

Ben's Top Ten

The title of the new number one is too long for BTT, so I had to truncate it. Congratulations to "Now who here likes a good story about a bridge?". Board_Marshal has another CJ that is a new entry - Oreo Hills.

Also new this week: hyrule, kabom invasion.

benstoptensc20130418.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Ben's Top Ten

Another new number one - well done to Crazy's Collection SC2013. New in its debut week is BoXlican Marshes.

benstoptensc20130425.jpg

Congrats to crazychickensc12 on the Crazy Collection.

On a more sour note, sorry to all that I've not updated the Rusted Bridge CJ but the city is absolutely inundated with air pollution post 2.0.  The resulting sickness patient count averages 142-166 patients driving up healthcare costs and abandonment is an issue as well.  Given the narrative I was playing out I can't work in the dramatic change and still develop the city properly.  As soon as they at least fix the pollution problem I'll get back to advancing forward.

Best of luck to all.

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Hi, Board_Marshal. Sorry to hear about the post-2.0 gameplay issues. Hope to see you back updating your CJ soon.

Ben's Top Ten

That's seven weeks in, and seven different number ones. Ln X is the first player to have 2 number one CJs - congratulations to Ln X's SC 2013 Scrapbook.

This City of Roy is a new entry at 4, and Adventures in Cuddleington debuts at 7.

benstoptensc20130502.jpg

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Ben's Top Ten

After 7 different CJs at the top, Ln X's SC 2013 Scrapbook is the first to hold on for a second week - congratulations.

Servitium is a new.

United Nations Region, Starting Out and Riverwood debut.

benstoptensc20130509.jpg

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Ben's Top Ten

This BTT covers CJs from the past 2 weeks, since the number of CJs updated in one week did not reach a threshold for running the numbers.

Congratulations to Paris, which debuts at number one.

Timberwood is also in on its debut, and SimCity w/MineSkipe is new.

benstoptensc20130523.jpg

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Hi, sim_link. I think you're right. The game can produce some stunning images, although it seems as if gameplay may leave something to be desired.

Ben's Top Ten

Congratulations to Ipanema, which debuts at number one.

P.C. rush and Gardner Valley are also in the Top Ten on their debut weeks.

There are two re-entries - welcome back to Vizoria and Now who here likes a good story about a bridge?.

benstoptensc20130606.jpg

This section definitely hasn't found its legs yet... hopefully if Maxis/EA fixes some of the chronic problems and city tile size we'll begin to see more CJs. :)

That's why I hardly update my CJ, I barely play the game as there is not much to do after filling up a small city tile.

This section definitely hasn't found its legs yet... hopefully if Maxis/EA fixes some of the chronic problems and city tile size we'll begin to see more CJs. :)

That's why I hardly update my CJ, I barely play the game as there is not much to do after filling up a small city tile.

Now that I have filled in the tile of my dense downtown I will try to pack as many specializations into it as possible. Because the tiles are so small it is a challenge but it keeps me improving that one tile. And now that I am doing so, more people than ever are coming into the tile which means I need to find new traffic solutions or else my coal plants cant power the tile because the coal delivery trucks are stuck in traffic two tiles back. There is always something to do even if you have a well established city.

• Original Poster
  • repliesq.jpg

Hi, Ln X. I can see that being a limitation when trying to sustain a CJ, regardless of whether there's a story or not. Maybe a future game version will address the issue of tile size.

Hi, kidkaboom. Looking forward to seeing more of what you described above.

Ben's Top Ten

Congratulations to Ipanema, which spends another week at number one. The game's versatility with images is on display this week with a top-down shot of the city.

Republic of Amaroff and Shambleseed Bay are in the Top Ten on their debut weeks.

99qw.jpg