Sign in to follow this  

My city wont grow ?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Okay so I have Just got back into playing sim city 4 and now Ive just got into modding aside from buildings and things that vastly help me with the game I installed a couple of mods for rapid growth and demand now I created a city zoned it and hit run but nothing happened not a single sim moved in nor did anything develop even though everything was watered powered and connected can anyone help ive removed these mods but it still remains

thank you in advance

What does your demand meter show? Are there any demand types that show positive demand? If there is no positive demand, then I would try to figure out why. You can try placing a park or plaza to see if that might stimulate some growth to start. How much simulation time have you allowed to lapse before determining there was no growth? Also, did you shut the game down, remove the modds, then reboot the game? Maybe one of the modds was still in memory. For trouble shooting, you should try to give as much information as you can, (like have you tried another city in the region with the same results). Also a posting a picture of the city would be helpful.

If you installed rapid growth mods it's possible that the RCI demand is stuck at 0. You'll need to delete the relevant files to ensure demand goes above 0. It happened to me when I installed a demand mod, deleted the files and it worked. Should be a folder called Suppress, delete it and it should work. :)

First, lose the 'rapid growth' mods.

Now, your method of setting up a new city by putting the game is pause, zoning vast tracks, setting up everything, then going to, probably, cheetah mode for instant gratification is not a good way to run this program. All you do is send the whole thing into a crunch situation. When you do this, I expect your processor goes to 100% and stays there. You've got the game biting the small of its back.

If you really want to play this game, start a new city by leaving it in default (Turtle) and laying down a pair of crossed streets, dump in some kind of power supply, then start adding commercial zoning. When any of this grows, start adding residential. Farms and industry are the last additions to get a city going, but you could also zone farms instead of commercial in this scenario with the same results.

Edited by A Nonny Moose  

I'm not sure but I think we've been fooled. It may be a spambot. Firstly, he hasn't logged in since posting this to check for a reply, secondly, his username sounds too "human", as though a bot is trying to be human. Probably wrong but I have my doubts. I've seen too many bots in the past.

Check if you provided power. And one more thing is, sometimes the timer gets 'stuck' in a kind. Do free it, hit Escape key until nothing is selected, and once more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ronyx69
      Tutorials, scripts, source code and files etc.
      Realtime Asset Creation (Ingame Texture & Mesh Replacement)
      Asset Creation Videos (+ Theme & LUT)
      Modding Videos
      Tutorial Videos
      Asset Source Files
      Mod Source Code
      Quick Help Response Videos
      Quick Tips
    • By digidoggie18
      I just got back into SimCity 4 again and I downloaded a deluxe version of it online not through steam, my problem is that it appears that only some of the mods are working but I am also not 100% sure on that either. I downloaded an extra cheats plugin to see what all it had that I could do and that menu doesn't pop up with the cheats bar, I also downloaded and industry doubler which I think might be working and I downloaded a realism mod that is not working... I am asking because I just downloaded the NAM mod and I haven't tested it yet but I have a feeling that that won't be working either. Can someone shed some light on this for me? I'm not sure why they are not working...
    • By Mr_Maison
      Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
      2/20/2018 Release: Bunya Pine Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307801978

More info on last pages of this thread.
      Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.
    • By lmca9000
      Hello friends, i need your help with this project. 
      I made a 3d model in seketchup, i export the model in 3Ds, but when importing the model in Gmax BAT i throw error and it closes. 
      please help me. Could pass the project to an expert modeler to help me export to Gmax. The Pc that i use for my projects does not have the necessary requierements to finish  this big ptoject. (1gb Ram) HELP Please and thanks 
    • By JakeMD
      Saw something you liked in someone's screenshot but can't find it? Vaguely remember seeing something once, but you don't know where it is?
      Wondering whether or not a plugin of a certain type exists?
      This is the thread where you can ask for help finding things.
      When asking, please be as descriptive and specific as possible. This can help people to understand what you're looking for.
      If possible, screenshots are also encouraged.

This thread is a direct continuation of the original topic, which got too big. Someone might have already been looking for the same thing as you, so checking there first might get you your answer faster.

P.S. If you would like a particular BAT to be made, please request it in the BAT Request Thread.