Sign in to follow this  

invisible ground

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

hello, i have a problem, i can explain but if you see the picture then you know what the problem is:

its just like the ground is invisible, i don't know what it is and how to make it normal, someone please help

Check your graphics settings in the control panel for the game. Make sure detail is set to high. Oh, and if you don't need it, press the G key to turn off the grid.

That is actually the 'waterbug' phenomena - it happens when a lot uses an overlay texture without the base texture (which is how those JS dirt path lots are created). A temporary fix is to click the 'zones' view and click back to your normal view. But it will continue to happen, there is no permanent fix.

Although, if some enterprising BATer were to BAT some dirt path props, we could create lots with no base texture and use the BATed props instead of the overlay textures... hint, hint, hint... :idea:

• Original Poster
  • it only happens on flat terrain, not on mountains and ramps, and it will not go away, only if i remove and replace it, but every time i open the water menu, it will appear again.

Edited by Kruness  

it only happens on flat terrain, not on mountains and ramps, and it will not go away, only if i remove and replace it, but every time i open the water menu, it will appear again.

Yep, waterbug. You can even check the readme for those lots - it explains the problem if I'm not mistaken. Paeng gave a pretty good description of why it happens in this post. The only way to solve the problem permanently would be to not use the lots in the first place. Otherwise, the 'switch in and out of 'zones' view' works best.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ReshiramLover
        I have an issue at random times where when I save my city, it seems to take forever, except it did not. What happens is when I save my city, the dialog box that tells me that it was saved is invisible, hidden, or is behind the city itself. I cannot see the "city saved" box and at this point, the only thing I can do is just click everywhere on the screen of my game until I happen to click where the hidden dialog box is. This can take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes to find this invisible dialog box. This gets annoying.
        Does anybody else have this problem?
        I have had this problem since the day I first started playing SimCity 4 in 2006 and it happens randomly since then. SC4Fix doesn't correct this issue apparently as well as a few other issues.
      • By Kliekie
        So recently I started working on a new mod: Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.
        It's a building on the top of a mountain, looking over the Griffith Park. The front side is normal height on the ground level, but the back of the building goes lower and lower into the mountain, as can be seen on this image: 

So right now I'm testing the model in game to see what's the best way to get the back part looking like that, I figured with ingame terraforming I could get a lot done. if I make the grid smaller than the actual building terraforming should not be a problem. I do however bumped into an other problem which I just completely forgot. Everything below ground level will have a dirt texture on it.

How would you guys solve this problem? Is that dirt texture removable? and is there a way to make sharper mountains, just to make sure no ground will be poking trough the model anywhere?
        Thank you in advance.
      • By mayorgreener
        Please see the image. I want to pass railway lines below railway lines. In the image, I used the rail under rail connector piece but can't join it with rail lines.

How can I achieve that? I don't want to use underground railway or Elevated railway.
        Please help
        Thank you
      • By OScat
        I've been having an issue with the game with NWM transitions. The process goes like this:
        I. I place an intersection down.
        2.The area around it sinks to the bottom of the map. 
        3. I spend half of my budget on corrective terraforming.
        4. Repeat 1-3 until I am significantly in the red. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
        It's really game breaking, and only appears to happen with Road-ARD2 transitions. I've attached a picture of this glitch. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• By neocromicon
        See your City from the Eyes of your Citizen
        based of AlexanderDzhoganov FPSCamera, all Credits to him!
        Click on the new Camera button in the Topright to open the Configuration.
        Controls:   Scrollwheel Up/Down - In/Decrease sprint speed W - forward 
        S - back 
        A - left 
        D - right 
        Q - down 
        E - up
        Configurable Controls:
        Tab - Switch to STG Cam and back to normal
        Left Shift - Sprint
        The Mod must be Installed into a subdirectory (.../Mods/YourFolderName/STGCamera.dll) 

Greets neo