• Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Going American!

Entries in this City Journal

Evillions

Town to Large Town

Year 7

With the growing population of Salem, the old schoolhouse is in a dire need of expansion. However, due its material, a new school will replace the schoolhouse.

Salem-1-1.jpg

Days later, demolition / construction begun.

Salem-2-1.jpg

Months later, the new school is open to K-8 students. As the young generation ages, a high-school will be built in the future.

Salem-3-1.jpg

Salem-4-1.jpg

Meanwhile, more businesses are started to invest in Salem because of the town's massive booms. In the outskirts of Salem, a construction site was erected.

Salem-5-1.jpg

Salem-6-1.jpg

Months later, these new buildings soon supplemented the logging company such as manufacturing tables and other wood-related products.

Salem-7-1.jpg

Year 8

A year later, commercial and service businesses started to invest in Salem for the same reason as the industrial businesses. To accommodate for these investments, the Salem government ordered a renovation of one of the town's blocks.

Salem-8-1.jpg

The construction site soon erected larger office buildings as well as row-houses.

Salem-9-1.jpg

Salem-10-1.jpg

Evillions

Second Expansion

A year has passed since the construction of the railroad and more businesses became more attracted in investing in Salem.

Salem-1.jpg

As intended, a small logging site was set up near the freight station. After a year, Salem collected enough tax revenue from the logging industry and paved its dirt roads along with some expansion.

Salem-4.jpg

Near the shore, the logging industry established a sawmill so that the logs could be transformed into boards and then sold to local markets.

Salem-5.jpg

Along with Salem's expansion, a new district has been erected as it serves for Salem's new police and fire departments.

Salem-6.jpg

As the logging site is lacking suitable workers, the company bought a parcel of land and started to construct basic homes for the loggers.

Salem-7.jpg

Salem-8.jpg

---------------

On the other side of Salem, the development started to construct its first houses.

Salem-2.jpg

Salem-3.jpg

Evillions

New Opportunities

After several years of little to no expansion, larger businesses started to invest in Salem. The first business that invested was a real estate company. The business plans to attract over one-hundred people. So far, construction is just begun and will take years for it to be complete.

Salem-10.jpg

The second business that invested was a logging company. This company sought to make huge profits from the abundant trees. To accomplish this, the company started to construct a freight rail-station and some railroad.

Salem-9.jpg

Salem-11.jpg

Evillions

Industries Develop

One year passed after the construction of the seaport, and Salem growth is steadily increasing.

Salem-1.jpg

As the growing population needs public parks, the government established a rough baseball field near the school house.

Salem-2-1.jpg

Luckily, there is enough room to accommodate for more residents.

Salem-3-1.jpg

Salem-4-1.jpg

With the high demand of service stations and mom and pop stores, the Salem government gave permission to a construction company to erect new buildings.

Salem-5-1.jpg

Salem-6-1.jpg

A year later, the expenditures are slowly overtaking Salem's income. Based on the statistics, most of the expenditures originate from the import of agricultural products.

Salem-7.jpg

Before the new year, the government wishes to establish new housing next to the farm. However, the current economic situation restricts Salem in constructing new buildings.

Salem-8.jpg

Evillions

First expansion

Salem, a small town that was established to increase trading revenue in the Ohio River. Currently, its population is merely one-hundred twenty two citizens.

Salem-6.jpg

In order to attract commercial ships, a small seaport was constructed to attract smaller sized ships.

Salem-2.jpg

Months later, residential demand skyrockets to forty percent due to seaport's effectiveness.

Salem-4.jpg

Salem-3.jpg

Salem-5.jpg

Evillions

Teaser - 1

I know... This looks like Marsh's Sandalwood (credit to him for inspiration), I just want to do my own version of an American growth CJ. I know that I am going against my "Slums for life" thing, but I am limited to middle class residents for the time being. As time progresses, then Slums / Ghettos will be added. ;)

Without a further ado... Here is the first teaser:

salem-12.jpg

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections