• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

New Way to Connect to Pinecross

Sign in to follow this  
regionlong

20100911161446.pngHuman Transit Corporation (HTC)
Since 1930

New Ferry Service : Service Change 1954

While you were gone... HTC now has an operational budget of $30 million, and a growing fleet size to 130 vehicles and ships.

Due to popular customer requests and overcrowding on the overland bus route between the Cities of Torbury and Pinecross, HTC has decided to provide a new ferry service operating between the two cities. Connecting between Torbury and Pinecross has just gotten easier, saving up to 45 minutes of travel time. The overland route will continue to operate for any midpoint stops.

Route 904 Torbury - Pinecross Link will officially launch on January 1, 1954. See our newest issue of hTransit Newsletter for further details.

htransit1954.png

Figure 1. hTransit newsletter (January 1954) issue. Available for distribution on all operating HTC fleet.

---------------

But only after 4 days of opening of the line, Route 904 has received numerous poor reviews. Sure it was a new way to connect, but there are lots of room for improvement. HTC addresses this problem and promises to fix this in the upcoming months. 

The front cover story on Torbury Times record passengers' anger on the new Route 904.

torburytimes1954.png

Figure 2. Torbury Times, the local newspaper in the City of Torbury. Passengers are angry about the new arrangements of Route 904.

As recorded in the story, HTC promises to FIX THE PROBLEM in the upcoming months. You may wish to submit your recommendations to us and our planning centre will consider it.

Our Solutions:

- Implement more ferry trips between the Cities of Torbury and Pinecross. Instead of 4 daily trips, 10 daily trips will be implemented. 2 extra new fleets will be purchased.

- More connections to the ferry terminals, offering easier connections to Route 904 from city-wide.

- In address to Route 202 overcrowding between Pinecross Ferry and Pinecross Centre Terminals, an extra branch Route 202A will be implemented in April 1954, operating between the two terminals.

- To solve this long-term problem, a rapid transit route with ONLY two stops between the two terminals has been planned, and will be opened by 1957.

Again, you are welcomed to submit your solutions.

Here is an ARTIST's CONCEPTION  of the future rapid transit line in Pinecross (which coincidentally fall really close to how the line looks like in 1957).

simscr27.png

Figure 3. The new rapid transit line (internally numbered 1001) between the two congested terminals. We will be using Brose Trains operating at an average speed of 55 km / h.

simscr28.png

Figure 4. Route 904's performance on one of the fleet by November 1954. Note that the route is very successful, nearly full in capacity, and with an income of MORE THAN $110,000.

---------------

Stay tuned to our next entry!

We are online! (Along with other regions of mine). Check out http://gravenhurst.wikia.com

Currently, Torbury only has 0 articles out of the 146 articles. The other articles are about another region.

Site Meter 

----------------

P.S. For those who are also following the WATERSAUGA Natural + Smart Growth Journal. It is not in our plans to abandon it, but instead of WEEKLY MEETINGS we are modifying to a Bi-Weekly meeting instead. This journal as well, would be operating on a bi-weekly basis.

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

Actually it is SimuTrans, an open-source transportation simulator, available here

Nice CJ, I have never played simutrans, but it looks like a very nice game! I like the realism you have with your newsletters and stuff, keep it up! :)

Share this comment

This is great! I've put a link over on the Simutrans forum linking to your journal. Fantastic!

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5955.msg57538#msg57538

If anyone has questions about Simutrans, feel free to come over to the forum and ask: http://forum.simutrans.com/ :-)

Share this comment

Oh-my-god.

I can't believe you made such a simple game (Simutrans) into a complex idea.

By the way, are those Myriad Pro and Oceania fonts?

Share this comment

REPLIES:

First of all, thank you for all those who provided a response.

@ kolnikov inc: I'm playing Simutrans, a public transit simulator, which could be downloaded at http://simutrans.com
Daychilde: Thanks for posting this at the Simutrans forum!
tingmelvin: The font I'm using is called FF-DIN. It's the official font for many major companies nowadays. By the way, thanks for the compliment!

Share this comment