Aquonjor, meaning "city in the water" in the ancient language of celwynian is one of the oldest settlements in the district. It was established as and has remained for the most part a fishing village and hub for the surrounding farming communities. Although Its castle was battered by pirates in the 1600's and the stone moved to the capitol or the surrounding stone buildings of that time period, the main gate still remains and is the largest tourist attraction in the now small town. Only a small watch tower was ercted where the castle once stood. After the collapse of the castle and subsesquent ransacking, the town darstically reduced in size and the population is now locked at 5000 after the district government declared the peninsula a protected heritage site. Since then, all the old wooden houses that survived have been rebuilt, a new church has been constructed in 1891 and small editions to the town have been made along the main street along the water. The last edition to the town was the Aquonijor Hotel in 1966 and the wind turbines powering the whole peninsula built in 1997. Today agriculture is still the major employer, and all aquonjor produce is known for its quality around the district. However there is still a decent sized fishing industry and tourism industry, which can no longer expand due to development restrictions. It is also the most important ferry hub in the capitol, servicing almost every town in the bay islands. Peninsula road runs through town connecting it with Scully, Hailington, and to the mainland (Armendka). Here is modern Aquonijor.
THANKS FOR VISITING THE EMPIRE!