Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 9: Urhillian Mountain

Sign in to follow this  
Jamonbread

urhillianmountainslogo.png
To the South of the Greater Capitol Area sits Urhillian Mountains, a vital close by source for raw materials such as coal, iron, barium, and gravel for concrete. It is one of the last locations in the district which is home to heavy industry and as such also has the lowest property rates in the district. The small city is home to 50,000 people and most jobs are blue collar but the number of white collar jobs has been increasing lately and a few new offices have gone up in the last ten years. Also, in a attempt to get more buissness and tourism, many hotels have been put up and tours are being offered of many old mines in the area as well as new laws protecting remaining greenspace on the mountain. The centre of town features an old drainage system for one of the old iron mines converted into a pleasant lake and parkland since 1923 and has helped to add some allure to the city. However because of its reputation, air quality and ugly skyline and factories scattered here and there, the city has not been able to enjoy the strong real estate market the rest of the district enjoys. Despite this many residents still take good care of their properties and the cities appearance is better then ever. 

Orange.jpg&ei=TcjcS62ZJYLGlQfr0v3WBw&sa=

OVERVEIW

mntn1.png

directory.png

DOWNTOWN

mntn2.png

mntn10.png

mntn7.png

mntn9.png

mntn6.png

NORTH SUBBURBS

mntn3.png

mntn11.png

mntn5.png

SOUTH SUBBURBS AND SMALL BUISSNESS AIRPORT

mntn8.png

SURROUNDING RURAL EXPANSE

mntn4.png

THANKS FOR VISITING THE EMPIRE!

SPECIAL NOTICES:

- Firstly, thanks to the simcity4 Community Magazine for their feature of the Callahorn Empire in their third and latest edition. I'm am greatly flattered. 4.gif

- Second, I apoligize for the standard of this update, I have just completed a whole new town for the next update so it will be of higher quality but I thought I would show this old stuff anyway. Hope you enjoyed it!

Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

i like it. I feel the quality is great! :D but i would prefer seeing your city without this posterize effect. i believe it'll be better! :D

Share this comment

Your "Old stuff" looks great! Could you tell me where you got the yellow apartment towers in the 2nd and 3rd pic from (I think I've seen them before somewhere, but they're probably not maxis?). Thanks a lot.

Share this comment

Agreed with tigeria, I think the city would have shown better without the effects. Talking about the city, I've loved many things; the greenness, your attention to small details (for example, the farm limits along the whole FARR curve on the fifth pic) and the usual great choice of buildings...

Share this comment

Awesone piece of art work. Love your cities. By the way what rock texture and terrain MOD are you using?

Share this comment