• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Commuter track

Sign in to follow this  
Skimbo

Replies:

@encomnium: It came a bit too late... and nice that you like it:)

@monay: thank you 1.gif

The blue skyscraper was part of one of theese CAM commercials @SC4D

Update 16 "Commuter track"

Heyho and welcome to the sixteenth update of my MD Dragon Islands Cities Smiley

Do you remember the rail station of Shì dàotián? (Update 7) It’s possible to see something more than just the usual XTER trains since last monday. The LCRT Cooperation (Lòng Chèng Rail Transit) stretched the line 2 until this station, part service but direct trains into the downtown and to Dà nàng. It’s a reason for me to intreduce you to line 2.

Shì dàotián. A for the LCRT typical Tokyu 5050 series train is waiting fort the green light.

020lp.jpg

The train departures as usual punctual and heads through the rice fields.

019ys.jpg

The first stop is L?o Gang, Here you can find a small industrial area beside the old habour. (after which the station is named)

018by.jpg

Luckily the other train on this image was a bit too late....

017t.jpg

A old steel bridge buildt in colonial times crosses the Dragon’s Neck.

016wt.jpg

Another curve, another sraight piece of track....

015fke.jpg

The next station is Lóng Dàquiáu.

014at.jpg

Lóng Dàquiáu is the last not suburbian station. Fom now on the trains will dive into the suburbian regions of Lòng Chèng.

The first stop on the city area of Lòng Chèng is Xiaocun. A parking garage and some bus lines make the trains more attractive.

013x.jpg

Rice fields... a last time along the A2...

012fs.jpg

The line meets a bit later the shinkansen line and it will follow it for some miles...

010bkx.jpg011e.jpg

The stationX?n shìch?ng is below a shopping center, transfer to the line U2 is possible. Btw. The name of the station means „new market“

009hbm.jpg

L?olù, next station, next transfer station, this time to the line U1...

008oxk.jpg

A train crosses Hàn ji? shortly before it arrives at the station with the same name....

007pdi.jpg

This station is one of the last not modernised ones, no glass roof and about the lengh of two train wagons shorter.

006bd.jpg

That’s the point where line 2 meets line 1 and 6...

005uvp.jpg

Central station

004su.jpg

This was one of the last railroad crossings on even ground, but this sollution is better for traffic flow....

003nlu.jpg

The station at the downtown hides behind the skyscrapers. The tracks crossing aboth are the ones of the line U3......

002dnh.jpg

The city boarder to Dà Nàng is reached in some moments. This train heads to Tíng zài hú, the last highrises of Lòng Chèng to it’s left.

001cwg.jpg

The stop Tíng zài hú was a station in colonial times, tuday it’s building is used for different things. It also can serve only 4 of the reccomended six wagons with it’s plattform lengh...

022qq.jpg

Dà nàng. The last station, since the departure at Shì dàotián a half an hour went by....

021sh.jpg

This is a small mosaique that gives an overview of  line 2....

mo1j.png

mo2c.png

mo3.png

^(I know that theese three pics are saved in PNG, but in this case they need less memory than JPG, at least, Paint.net said so....)^

Is someone interrested in how the interior of a Tokyu  5050 looks like? Here is a example.

I hope you’ve enjoied this update,

Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo.

Comments are always welcome Smiley

Sign in to follow this  

18 Comments

Recommended Comments

wow really beautiful. Realistic and simply beautiful. Anyway you know how to speak/read Mandarin?

Share this comment

This is AMAZING!! Very nice shots of the trains in motion and stationary. The comments add nicely to the pictures.

The map is great! I use Paint.NET also for my maps. The layers make map making easy. 

I'm looking forward to the next update.

Share this comment

This is awesome! I have always liked trains, also in simcity. The transit-lines are very realistic and the city is really beautiful!

Could you also tell me where can i download those stations in xiaocun and laolu? I would really appreciate that!  

Share this comment

Simply amazing!

There are a couple of stations I have never seen (and I thought I had seen it all)

Also, the realism and scenery is top notch, all around, one of the best rail updates I've seen!

-DC

Share this comment

@ Tigeria:
Thank you

but about Mandarin: sadly not.

@JGellock:
Nice that you like it too.

Sometimes it took me over five minutes until the automata displayed some trains in the way I'd liked them.

@CIUU96
Thank you for thoose motivateing words
About Xiaocun:
http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=932 (I think they are somewhere on simtrop too but I haven't found 'em here jet.
About Laolu: see below.

@DC Metro:
Thank you! Nice that you like it :)
My often unknown stations are mostly from japaneese and some from chineese sites.

@All:

A lot of people ask me about the station and shopping center on the 12th pic, here is the link:

http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=577

And I also get a lot of questons about the station on the 13th pic, it can be found here:
At the same site you can find the stations on the pictures 1, 7, 15 and 19 too.

http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/index.html

Share this comment

I really like thias CJ but i think using bus stops on the road will look much better and save space and it's a shame you can't nderstand the Mandarin it's a fairly easy Language to learn to speak but reading and writing is much harder

Share this comment

oh my god, just looked through every update. wow, that was awesome, i want everything in ur bat folder!!! and i'd go back to simcity 4 right now. Love all the trains. just amazing work.

Share this comment

Absolutely love this CJ, hope to see more of it soon.

Sorry to be a pain, as I'm sure this gets annoying, but I can't find those awesome Chinese W2W buildings you're using... mid-rise, covered in Chinese writing...wondered if you wouldn't mind pointing the way?

Share this comment

I can't resist a CJ with a title like this, which is why I came and peeked.  :D

You really do the Asian style very, very well.  Made me feel like I was back home in Japan again.  :D

ISF

Share this comment

Replies:

CIUU96: No problem

@Smirk: Wow, theese pics must have impressed you I hope to see some more pics of your cities too! Thanks for this nice comment.

@Solace101: thank you :)
You ain't a pain at all, but I cannot give you alota specific information, just some.
Some of theese buildings are downloaded from the STEX, search for asian buildings, chineese buildings etc, you will find some nice downloads. Then pick a translator and go over to SC4D where you can fond some links to japaneese sites Last but not least I would visit Simcity.cn, if you search through the site you may find alota links and interresting downloads.

@Timmystwin: Thank you, it was hard work to build the rail system, such comments are motivateing me.

@K50dude: thank you, nice that you like it.

@Zelgadis: Thank you for thoosepositive and motivateing words, and thank you for stopping by

Share this comment

This has been an awesome update! I've enjoyed very much your work with the labels and graphics, but the way your railroad lines zigzag on your cities is the best thing for me!

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections