Today a visit to the second part of the Imperial Park.
Our visit starts in the village of Martinice. Here we can find the Imperial summer residence. It consists of the actual palace (centre) and some stables and other auxilary buildings to the left. It has small formal gardens and is off course surrounded by the large landscape park. In the actual village the parish church and the twon hall are worth mentioning, both situated at the main square. At the bottom the train station is visible.
A view of the village from the north.
The formal gardens of the Imperial summer residence and the parish church, built in 1871-1872.
To the west of the village we can find some farms.
To the east of village are two other sights of the Imperial Park: the observation tower, built in 1856, and a small haunting chateau. Across the stream a small covered bridge.
Finally, an overview of the northern part of the Imperial Park. At the bottom the large lake (see part 1), at the top the village of Martinice. To the bottom left a small part of the village of Hlohovec is still visible.