Today a visit to Petrohrad-Hlohovec. This little village was annexed to Petrohrad in 1947, along with some of the surrounding villages. The most important site in this part of Petrohrad is the Imperial Park. It is a large landscape park, constructed in 1840-1855 and contains several interesting buildings. Among it is the Imperial summer residence, but we'll visit the latter some other day. The park was used in the XIXth century as a place where the Emperor could hunt deer. Although shooting of deer is forbidden since 1949 the park still contains many deer.
Today's tour will be of the southern part of the park. We'll start in the village of Hlohovec. Hlohovec is very small and contains only few sites of interest. The first is the village church built in 1712.
Furthermore, Hlohovec has its own water reservoir, built in 1879.
The main site of the village is the chateau however.
On the lake near Hlohovec are several others buildings. To the upper right the so called red chateau used for hunting parties. The the bottom right another small chateau, also used for hunting parties.
The eastern part of the lake with the Imperial Observatory.
Finally, a nice overview of the entire lake.