Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comment
  • Views

Aeroes and Surrounds Map

Kabinator

I have begun writing CJ entries for the Aeroes City suburbs twice, and discarded both, as they got confusing pretty quickly. Let's be honest, The Flatlands is developed a little unconventionally, and is currently a disjointed mess. The sims hate me for the traffic, although with each new development that opens up, the bigger picture is being revealed to them, and the congestion eases a little. All along, in my head, I have had plans for the region. As development continues, and the CJ entries progress towards Aeroes City, I realize I need a few maps and plans, for my sake as much as for yours. Here on in, I will be referencing key area/district/place/landmark names, so I encourage anyone wishing to follow The Flatlands to familiarize these maps.

The Region So Far

5afdb7b222ca9_Satelite1.JPG.8dbf13746b3c52494c55a74e4f51ab88.JPG

Aeroes River is the life blood of this part of the region. Fed by Lake Promethius and the pristine falls from Mount Pompus, the river snakes its way toward Cobbers Harbour and the ocean. The water is rich with minerals essential for plant life, and has promoted the growth of the Promethius Agricultural Community through a natural groundwater reservoir. The Aeroes National Park is a small, but lush green forest, protected by the government in the historic land-grab battle between the Promethius Agricultural Community and Athena Straight Industrialists. Another front to this land-grab has caused a disjointed boundary for the westernmost reaches of Aeroes City.

The Ridge Valley National Park is a huge area untouched by civilization. It stretches off into the distant continents. Talks are in place for a highway system connecting The Flatlands and their southern neighbors, but so far these have been unsuccessful due to disagreements with governments over the protection of national parks. A notable landmark of the Ridge Valley National Park are the Twin Peaks mountains. The twin mountains were carved by erosive winds millions of years ago. These prevailing  winds are responsible for the east-west mountains and valleys that span the region. As the northern regions of The Flatlands are created, these east-west mountain ranges will continue to be apparent.

Moving Eastward

5afdb7b788349_Satelite2.JPG.e39934ce89dd3b728b6cf46ed0c56dd3.JPG

I have begun work on the terrain of the south-east region of The Flatlands. As Aeroes City exits Cobbers Harbour, the suburbs will become more sparse, eventually becoming a coastal rural area. The coastline will wrap much of the east of the region, dotted with a few volcanic islands like the one pictured. The old coast highway will traverse this farmland, connecting a future city in the north of the region to Aeroes City. Modern digging equipment has allowed for a more direct highway route through the rugged terrain of the central mountains. All will be explored in future updates.

The Districts of Aeroes City

Transport.JPG.1a0cbd686be1cc4df31ebfb5e81e6d04.JPG

Aeroes City is home to 8 districts. Central District, home of the CBD, is the most dense, but also the smallest. Along with the 4 cardinal districts, these are the main districts of Aeroes City. The plan is to cap development of these districts around 100,000-150,000 residential population. As the urban sprawl continued, 3 outer districts, formerly their own community area, became a part of the wider Aeroes City. These 3 districts are gateways to Aeroes City, and are subject to boundary changes as population settles in the region. Athena Straight Industrial District, as the name suggests in the epicenter of industry in The Flatlands. It fed the initial growth into Aeroes City through the Northern Districts. The Northern Districts is the oldest district of Aerores City. Residential development in the district meant that a commercial district had to be relocated as the City developed. The Coastal Riviera District plan is for sparse suburbs following the coastline. Further development may also occur to the east of the Aeroes City airport. Beyond this district is farmland, and the outer areas of this district will have a very rural feel to it. The Foothills District will be developed on rugged terrain, and will be a few towns that are on the furthest reaches of Aeroes City. Separated by hills, these towns are too close for their own regional area, but too far to be considered a part of a main district of Aeroes City.

I hope this update paints a picture on my grand plan for Aeroes City, and I promise the next update will explore more city life, and less lifeless region updates. 

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.