• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

University of Passau Boat Club

Belfastsocrates

Firstly my apologies for such a long delay between updates, real life has a tendency to monopolise my time rather frequently.

A fellow member previously commented on the marina that was featured in earlier updates, as such, I have taken such advice on-board and decided to completely redesign the marina area and instead assigned the area to act as the University of Passau's Boat Club.

LzwGiJ.jpg

The University of Passau Boat Club was founded formally in 1850, although rowing at the University of Passau has a history which dates back to 1820. The Boat Club's current building was constructed in 1955 and is located on the River Carrick, it provides extensive boat storage, maintenance and rower training facilities including state-of-the-art fitness and body analysis equipment. The University of Passau's Women's Boat Club share the facility but have separate training, fitness and club rooms.

The University of Passau Boat Club has a distinguished heritage and has training several Olympic and Commonwealth rowers for the Persusian National Rowing Team.

The University of Passau boat club races against the Axehaven Boat Club in The Annual Boat Race, currently supported by Atlantis First National Bank on the River Carrick in Passau each year. The race covers a 4 mile route along the Carrick River and has been held annually since 1885. The event is well-established and popular locally with upwards 60,000 people lining the river to watch, the event is also broadcast live by Persus' public broadcaster PBC

YTr6pm.png

n4EPit.png

GAFO4G.png

u4jjSL.png

KzoSOq.png

rNe20u.png

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

I really like what you have done with the boat enbankment at sea level. It's very realistic.

Btw. Just curious, did you retexture the seawalls or did you photoshop them? The original Quais de Seine had maxis standard white texture :-)

Share this comment

No the seawalls are real, no photoshopping :)

They can be found here - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3051

Those revised seawalls will work with any sidewalk texture override mod you are using. 

I'm using a texture override as well as a few other texture mods which remove the standard maxis 'white' textures. I'm also using a file by Vortex on SC4Devotion which alters the seawall sandstone to better match the sandstone I'm using for my public spaces and pavements/sidewalks

Share this comment

Glad to see you still going with your CJ.. I'm inspired every time I study your work.

Thanks for sharing and hopefully it won't be so long between updates again, as I miss your creativity.

Share this comment

This is one hell of a fine city journal! Keep up the incredible work, the attention to every detail must take excruciating effort. It pays off well :thumb:

Share this comment