• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

FlashForward 6: Central Station Revisited

woodb3kmaster

After doing a bit more work on the station area and the new business district to the east, I think I'm finally happy with how everything's arranged (aside from RCI zones, which are as fickle as ever). Here's an updated picture of the station:

centralstation01.jpg

The only real change I made is turning the one-way roads on either side of the station into ramps into an underground parking garage, taxi rank, and bus stop. The land that the OWRs previously occupied is now home to a pair of short pedestrian malls; removing the extra OWR intersections behind the station allowed me to add the lane reduction I wanted on Station Street as it approaches Royal Street.

centralstation02.jpg

The area east of Central Station is now home to another business district along East Center Street. Most of these skyscrapers are newer as a result of urban renewal in the 1970s and '80s. They also have improved highway access, now that the R-3 has new ramps connecting to Center Street (along with an added connection to Nybro Street).

centralstation03.jpg

The previous view of the East Center Street District faced west, toward Royal Square. This view faces east, with the university at the top.

centralstation04.jpg

Here's an updated view of Royal Square at night, with the updated station and its surroundings.

centralstation05.jpg

To put the redesigned station and new business district into context, here's a wider shot of downtown Nyhaven, facing north. Royal Square is roughly centered; the major business districts visible here are (clockwise from top) the Financial District, the East Center Street Corridor, the Market Street Corridor, and the West Center Street Corridor. Also visible at top are Old Town (north of the opera house), with its more chaotic streets and the Western Cross Church; and the Kilterby neighborhood, with its angled grid, north of East Center Street. We'll take a closer look at each of these two neighborhoods in due time...

nyh3bg-night-competition.jpg

Finally, here's a closer view of Royal Square at night. Click on it to view (and download, if you like) a full-size version that can be used as a 1920x1080 desktop background.

Please excuse the game grid that's visible in some of the above pictures. I was having trouble with an anti-malware tool that prevented me from turning the grid off when I took those pictures.

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

[b]mike_oxlong[/b]: Thanks, Mike! I hope to see more comments from you in the future. :)

[b]Vitor13[/b]: Thank you!

[b]Lord Branham[/b]: Thanks! I'm glad you like Royal Square.

[b]SimRico[/b]: Wow, five stars? Thank you so much! I hope to see you again on your next tour!

[b]GreekMan[/b]: Glad to see you're still kicking around here, Chris! Thanks for the kind words.

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections