Nir

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Inner City Mosaic

Nirwanda

Hi all, Just downloaded Gimp to make mosaics and this is my first one! I am aware that the top frame doesn't quittteee match up with the one beneath it but for a first attempt I am proud.

Anyway the photos are of a city I have made with no name. Although the story in my mind is that it is the core of a coastal mountain city. And of course featuring my probably now trademarked Commerzbank and Empire State. Vlasky I'm still keen for that reincarnation! ;)

KlUWvKG.png

F7jL2ZO.png

hgeSGmA.png

hChYDNq.png

ga1TCmZ.png

LxN6O4Y.png

Also, the construction site in the second last frame. What should it turn into? A green urban living complex or another skyscraper? Let me know in the comments on what you think would be cool for this downtown! Thanks again guys.

Also, I use the Maxis buildings like commerzbank and the empire state alot because not only do I love them (and hey my city :P) but due to my being a Mac user custom content's night lighting very rarely works unless it is based off a maxis model like street and spotlights. So I like to have my landmark towers lit up atleast. And I like seeing all the ways I can integrate them into my cities.

EDIT: After playing around in the city today and experimenting more with Gimp, I present to you the city's new EL-Rail. And yes, it does tunnel through the ESB!

FN3ufpX.jpg

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

If you have it, could you give a link or address to where I could download that construction site, It's really quite amazing, I'd appreciate it :D

And great city, That first pic looks sweet.

Share this comment

If you have it, could you give a link or address to where I could download that construction site, It's really quite amazing, I'd appreciate it :D

Sure! It's Kellydale2003's Kingston Developments LTD construction site and yes its a beautiful BAT hey!

Thanks, just getting into custom content myself, can't wait to start!

Share this comment

Sure! It's Kellydale2003's Kingston Developments LTD construction site and yes its a beautiful BAT hey!

Thanks, just getting into custom content myself, can't wait to start!

Heh - that's a dangerous rabbit hole to start down ;) I think I've got something like 1.5GB of custom content in SC4 now - and there are people posting CJs here that have WAY more!

@OP I'm loving the "dusk" shots ... I'm guessing Day and Nite mod with streetlight replacements :)

Really nice "early evening" inner city feel there.

Share this comment

I just noticed the tarp/plastic covered building in one of your morning shots. Is that made in GIMP, or did it come that way?

Very nice update, btw, though you might want to look into more permanent ways to make that el-rail line, for continuity reasons.

Share this comment