• Views

What's Playing?

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

National-CapitalRegion-Banner-SMALL.jpg

District9Header.jpg

East Tenne: What’s Playing?

In the ninth arrondissement, located north of the Wirdle River in the heart of the city, a magnificent gift from the Supreme Wirdle to the people of the capital serves as the focal point and as a dazzling example of the grandiose Capital Style architecture which dominates the expansive new capital. The National Theater presides over the district and is the home of the National Symphony, National Orchestra, and the National Ballet. Of course, many more fine arts are located here as well. Designed by Charles Garnier-Nutrisse in the opulent Capital Style, this magnificent structure is the largest dedicated arts facility in the nation.

T19.jpg

The façade of the National Theater is adorned with golden statues, commissioned by the Supreme Wirdle and carved by renowned sculptor Augustus Saint Clawdens

x909.jpg

Truly an impressive façade

x910.jpg

Augustus Saint Clawdens and his contemporary, Daniel Chester Furr, are the two most acclaimed sculptors in Schulmania. You will see many of their works in the new capital.

x903.jpg

Augustus Saint Clawdens carved this grouping in marble and had elements gilded to coordinate with the solid gold statuary atop the theater

T16.jpg

It’s a bit harder to see this statue when we see it in game; the massive theater dwarfs the impressive statuary

T18.jpg

We see nearby the bustling neighborhood of the ninth district, spilling out along Rue Andrew Lloyd Webber and continuing toward Calico Corners Boulevard

9-11.jpg

An interesting venue is the more intimate Oak Ridge Playhouse, located in this domed corner building at the intersection of Rue Andrew Lloyd Webber and the district’s park. From the roof of the theater you get a fine view.

9-03.jpg

Opposite the Playhouse, at the other end of the octagonal Rue Andrew Lloyd Webber, sits its mirror image twin: the Grove Theater & Arts Center, where the children’s theater, children’s choir and the children’s dance ensembles perform. And, as you can imagine, ‘children’ means kittens and the young of other citizens.

T17.jpg

To recap: Playhouse on the left and Grove on the right. And that’s of course the theater in the middle (in case you forgot).

9-10.jpg

As we venture through the Theater District, we find a large number of diagonal streets. This is due in part to the district’s being centered around the octagonal Rue Andrew Lloyd Webber. Luckily we have every Parisian diagonal BAT ever released on the STEX and LEX at our disposal to handle such a scenario.

9-09.jpg

Of course plenty of regular intersections as well. Here we see some fine and eclectic shopping destinations.

9-08.jpg

Despite this being the nation’s largest city, every effort was made to make it as leafy as possible. Feline citizens love having trees to climb and use as scratching posts as well their effective use in attracting pigeons for dinner.

9-07.jpg

The Theater District also hosts a large central park for its citizens and its many arts-minded guests. Lively Morris Park was named after one of the feline world’s most successful actors – Morris, the spokescat for Nine Lives cat food. Occupying a prime spot in front of the National Theater, Morris Park is in the perfect (or, purr-fect) location to honor such a standout feline performer.

ba6ef35c5dfb3206709e2561f495420e.jpg

9-01.jpg

The grounds of Morris Park are fairly extensive and include walking paths, lawns, fountains, artwork, gathering spots and more.

9-04.jpg

The fishing pond on the edge of the park is a particular favorite of the felines

9-05.jpg

A nice and perhaps unusual touch is the wildflower meadow, a natural area surrounding a small pond. It is not sown with grass or mowed. And it is a great place to catch yourself a chipmunk for a snack.

9-06.jpg

The rectangular park stands in contrast to the varyingly diagonal streets heading off in every direction. That’s quite a few diagonal buildings in that block… and virtually all different.

9-02.jpg

Say, let’s go climb a tall tree and not come down. Maybe the fire department will come rescue us!

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

Beautiful, as always. All cities without proper parks I find lacking (even my own hahaha!) but this one is perfect (purr-fect?). I love it, and the trees and the wonderful buildings, it's great to see more of it!

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Benedict [/b]We hope to keep the war far away from our new capital!

[b]Patokiller96 [/b]Thanks! Glad you like this. There’s many more of this genre to come in the capital.

[b]10000000000000 [/b]Of course!

[b]NMUSpidey [/b]I have made an effort to include parks and open spaces so it does not get too built up. And of course the kittehs need trees to climb and such…

[b]SimCoug [/b]Thanks! Glad you liked it.

[b]Ggagmus [/b]Thanks. I have enjoyed making these Parisian neighborhoods.

[b]Urban Constanta [/b]Thanks! Glad you liked it.

[b]Mattbuildsbuildings1234 [/b]Thanks! And welcome to Schulmania. Please come visit us again!

[b]USFighter15 [/b]LOL. She has many talents! You should hear her sing!

[right][Volume 3 Update #276][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/img]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Emperordaniel [/b]Thanks! Glad you liked it!

[Volume 3 Update #276.1]
Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.

Share this comment