Schulmania

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rebuilding

Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

Schulmauckland: Rebuilding

The market town of Wirdlington, Schulmauckland District, was destroyed in a fire caused by an enemy attack [refresh your memory here]. It was a case of mistaken identity – enemy agents misunderstood and thought Wirdlington was Wirt, the national capital. The City Planning Office has completed the reconstruction of the town, and it has a totally different feel to it now. It is less of an agricultural crossroads, thanks in part to increased maritime traffic on the Sea of Simtropolis and the development of settlements near Huddleston Bay in Schulmania’s deep south. The wholesale change in the look and feel of the town was precipitated by lead architect Pedro Parker, who gained his legendary super powers of urban design after being bitten by a mysteriously glowing radioactive flea. He hails from Hestorbia, South Wirdleonia and has based the town’s architecture upon his hometown.

Come, see the work of Pedro, Master Planner.

477121485_aabdb26cfa.jpg

Pedro Parker... perhaps you have heard of him?

natura1.jpg

He wisely left natural areas around the town, including a length waterfront park along the rocky shore

For those of you who are sticklers: yes, the area did not used to have these rocks. But, I got me a few more ploppable nature thingies and was in the mood. So, the joy of a virtual world is that these things happen. So, just pretend like you didn’t notice the nature from before. Here’s the new shoreline; put on a happy face as we all nod politely and remark how it is just like it was before…

SeaOfSim1.jpg

Nice, just like last time!

SeaofSim2.jpg

Remarkable how it is just like before. What a great job replicating it exactly!

SeaofSim3.jpg

[snick!] See, even I couldn’t get through that with a straight face! I admit it – I was having fun with Sorchin rocks and flora. And then some other stuff.

And now, on to the former agricultural crossroads…

5points.jpg

No crossroads! All roads meet here: Five Points.

Ever noticed how many towns have a place called that? I can think of a couple. Some of those Five Points are not in the happiest parts of town. But here, it is quite nice. I like the lovely fountain in the center. And of course the ubiquitous Chicken King is on the corner. Well, can you have corners on one of these? Let’s be geometrically correct (GC) and call it in a vertex of the intersection. Good, now Mr. Smith my geometry teacher will not have to send me to detention. Anywho, notice a big difference from Wirdlington 1.0? If not, go back and look at the link above and see it. Go ahead… I’ll wait.

[insert pause and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4…]

And, we’re back. In our first of two chapters about the new town, we will explore some of the amenities of Wirdlington 2.0. Unlike many upgrades, this one did not cost anything. Well, it did, but the Regal government paid the entire cost. Princess Katherine funded the restoration out of her discretionary funds in the Wirdleonian budget. There’s some nifty things in town, so pay attention!

CasaDorado.jpg

Casa Dorado is a charming yellow apartment building in town. The nice thing is that the ‘gold house’ is a free residence for senior kitties. Any cat too old to pounce on stuff anymore can live here and receive top quality care and ultra-slow prey to chase.

JLGuerraConservatory.jpg

Schulmania’s first music conservatory is house in this airy green building. The

Music Conservatory hosts frequent concerts in the courtyard. Seating is limited and tickets are highly coveted.

MercadoDeLosGatosGordos.jpg

Behind the lengthy arcade along this street is the town’s busiest marketplace, the Mercado de los Gatos Gordos. It sells more than its fair share of Friskies, Pounce, Fancy Feast and Meow Mix.

MissionSantoDomingo.jpg

A new feature is the religious retreat, Mission Santo Domingo

OficinaSchulminicana.jpg

Need to hang out your shingle? Set up shop? Why not try the new, prestigious office building on the corner? The Oficina Schulmanicana offers a great location, great lease rates and convenient access to Chicken King.

If you think you have seen all the new Wirdlington has to offer – think again, pal! You have seen half. More is yet to come in a future chapter.

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Benedict[/b] There’s a memorial in the church, but they have not thought about an outdoor one. At least not yet…

[b]Mastof [/b]Getting hungry?

[b]Wcraig[/b] They think they are invincible, but with errors like this we can hang on.

[b]Usfighter15[/b] We will never give up and never surrender. It’s the Galaxy Quest motto!

[b]CJ24[/b] Indeed! And welcome to Schulmania. I have been a few times to the DR and enjoyed the people, the scenery and of course the Dominican food!

[right][Volume 3 Update #275][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment

[quote name='Schulmanator' timestamp='1352559307']
[b]CJ24[/b] Indeed! And welcome to Schulmania. I have been a few times to the DR and enjoyed the people, the scenery and of course the Dominican food!
[/quote]

:) Is a pride that you have chosen our country to make your city journal, Thanks!!

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]CJ24 [/b][i]¡De nada![/i] The DR is one of my favorite places and some of my favorite people are from there. I went for the first time in 2001 with a church group. Going there made a big difference to me. You will find multiple references to the DR in Schulmania as a result. Perhaps one of the largest is the city of Santiago de los Gatos Caballeros, found here: [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/698/entry-17929-santiago-de-los-gatos-caballeros/"]http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/698/entry-17929-santiago-de-los-gatos-caballeros/[/url].

[right][Volume 3 Update #275.1][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment

Wirdlington Rises! And hurrah for them! :yes:

I wonder what's become of the de Purrton property in town...did the family sell it when moving to Elza, or is the property being rented, or is the old family floral-and-beekeeper business being rebuilt? :)

Share this comment

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/img]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[b]Emperordaniel[/b][i] [/i]When the town was destroyed, the government bought all property and compensated every property owner for the full value of the land and its improvements. When the new town was built, they started from scratch (pun intended) since there was nothing left standing.

[Volume 3 Update #275.2]
Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.

Share this comment