Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Region Design

Sign in to follow this  
Asser

Allright! Lets' begin!

With no lack of ambition I'll start with a 10x10 large city region.

With my unmatched paint skills I have made this draft of the entire region.

My idea was to make a central city with aprox 1-2 million inhabitants and then have some suburbs and satellite cities scattered around the center of the city.

A main highway will connect the various parts of the region (the areas with most people at least) To make this as realistic as possible I will limit the amount of bridges, especially across the sound in the bottom of this picture. Other means of transport will include a lot of ferries and - if I can find a way to do it - a tunnel across the sound as well.

The main body of water to the lower right will be filled with various sized islands (Denmark consists of +1400 islands and a peninsula so I wanted some islands in here as well - but I might skip the mountains and make them into hills instead.)

MetaPlan.png

If you think you have seen something similair to this region before, then YES! I was very inspired by this region by vigormaster

So, any comments or ideas for this project? :)

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

Thank you :D I hope this will result in a great looking region :D Please give any feedback you might have. Also throw in ideas :)

Share this comment