Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Postcards | From West to East, Oxymorons

Sign in to follow this  
ThomasSimpson

global-replies.png

SimCoug: A fair bit of bulldozing, but I did some tinkering with my plugins which made it easier to grow those buildings.

1000000000000: Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed pretty much everything in the update!

StephenPullen: I was sure my NAM was all LHD. How odd, I'll need to take a look at that.

Mithrik, 111222333444, Evillions, Mastof, Harbin91, TowerDude, pole475, Zeck180, Blakeway, grstudios, WillR116: Thanks!

Following on from the Dropbox crash that I had after the last update broke my bandwidth limit I'd just like to ask that nobody features this entry on the Simtropolis homepage, since this journal is updated on five websites and the extra traffic from the feature seems to have pushed it over the limit. Thanks!

Welcome back to Cattala, where today we're on a whistle-stop tour of two of the main areas we've been visiting recently. The last seven updates have been focused on Celeste and Lessito, two regions that are very, very different. Celeste is the capital of the nation and has been the power base of the monarchy for 1000 years. Once again it is emerging as a grand city with not only an illustrious past, but with a highly promising future too.

Postcards-U02-01.png

Whilst Lessito is the breadbasket of Cattala, and has sustained agriculture since the time of the Aristotle. The sleepy, rural lifestyle is a far cry from the hustle and bustle of the western cities but the region still contributes a large amount to the economy - Cattala is a major global wine exporter and the high levels of food security in the country is achieved mostly thanks to Lessito's farmers.

Postcards-U02-02.png

Celeste is a major transport hub between the two biggest cities in Cattala and its terminal station is served by both InterCity and national railway services. The city also has a major domestic and international airport and remains the home of the country's political, social and class elite. Rumours of a bid to host a major international sporting event have been circulating for many years.

Postcards-U02-03.png

Thanks for visiting Cattala, and seeing how diverse and unique this Mediterranean island really is.

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Tinkering is a must when shooting for specific growables - And I agree with grstudios, that farm field pic is jaw dropping. It would make a neat painting with all those colors.

Share this comment

Sorry for disruption (this post rather refers to your "glass and steel" and "lights and action" reports) - can you tell me, where to find these buildings you used for your media centre?! I've seen them several times now, but never found them on the stex/lex/etc. : (
btw. your journal is awesome!

Share this comment

[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img][/size][/font][/color]
[i][b][font='comic sans ms', cursive]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/2774/entry-18149-week-10-9312-9912/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORIES [color=#0000FF]MOSAICS, XCITING![/color][/font][/b][/i]

Share this comment