• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

New SorGun

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

New Settlements

SimCoug

New SorGun Masthead.jpg

Update 6
New Settlements
Spring 1853

Since the founding of New SorGun, brave pioneers have been venturing to the area to start a new life. While many found their way to the original settlement, others ventured out to make their own claims. Today we will take a look at two little settlements that have sprung up in the past year.
59678b3457085_Update6-1Map.thumb.jpg.bc64bdfac025c4966b1651a5617de142.jpg

The first lies on the main road junction in the region (and the locals have called it “Junction” ever since). Nestled next to the Rannug River, it started out as a popular place to camp while folks made their way to New SorGun.
59678b35b03f3_Update6-2JunctionWagoncampday.jpg.03e220d827c0389b8eeb13943661e84f.jpg

59678b369ff5e_Update6-3JunctionWagoncampnight.jpg.5eae0c32b0e5cd571ab7e53556eda045.jpg

Now, in the spring of 1853, Junction has grown considerably, with almost 100 residents calling it home.
59678b3805633_Update6-4Junctionoverview.jpg.75ff72a01e6b1f5307e0d899f89d0fa9.jpg

The town has a few farms, and is home to the first lumber yard outside New SorGun.
Update 6 - 5 Junction mosiac.jpg

The settlers of Materburg intended make New SorGun their home, but upon arriving last year they realized all the good land was taken. Finding suitable land further south near the mouth of Mater Creek, the town was laid out and has been growing steadily ever since.
59678b3c5b87a_Update6-6Materburgoverview.thumb.jpg.fb72ce20a6cd869e1b35b1b559319c21.jpg

A little closer look reveals a bustling town ready for further expansion.
59678b43aa650_Update6-7Materburgmosiac.thumb.jpg.219edbc02212bf8fef28ba46d94f961a.jpg

The influx of settlers to the area has been beneficial to the town of New SorGun, but with settlements springing up all over the region, will the original settlement be left in the dust? The competition has just begun.

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

[color=#ff00ff]Stunning pictures!! I love the mosaic.[/color]

[color=#ff00ff]The detail to the rivers and waterfronts is amazing... how long does it take you to do that?[/color]

Share this comment

I'm liking what you are doing with this CJ... I dread to think how many hours you are spending applying that rock mod to your terrain ;) really nice work!

Share this comment

Directors Commentary:
Finally a little taste of the surrounding region beyond the main town of New SorGun.   
Ploppable sims... what a brilliant idea. Nams Props pack vol 01 is full of all sorts of great props, but I've seen the sim props used in countless CJ's, it's a testament to their popularity.  Fortunately there are a number of other great sim prop options now.
That deer is getting awful close to that wagon circle... wonder if he ended up as dinner.
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I laid out the diagonal streets that would make up 'Junction'... I always like a non-grid feel to my cities, but without diagonal BATs to go along with them, it just looks rather poor.  I guess I was just making do at that time.
This was also before I purged all maxis trees from any lots.  They really stick out... blah.  
I see more custom lots popping up... I think it was at this point that I resolved to include something new and original in every update.  Whether it be some new lots, or MMPs or whatever.  It's always a challenge to bring something new to each update, but I think its important to reward viewers - otherwise why bother stopping by each time?  
Hope you enjoy my random musings.  *:lol:
*I am in the process of updating all the images in order to ensure they don't have broken links in the future - in addition I thought I would add a little commentary since it's been 5 years since these entries.

Share this comment