• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Levington & Moorwhich National Forest

beautiful-forest-wallpaper-1.jpg

Welcome to the small village of Levington (Lev-een-tun) located in the center of Moorwhich National Forest. The town has its origins as a French outpost and favorite spot of Napoleon. As previously mentioned, the northern portion of the country was under the control of the French Holy Empire, after it ceded from the Holy Roman Empire. This was the only town that survived with a substantial population as it was closest to the modern day border with France. The rest of the republic's territory that was formerly under French control remained abandoned until the reunification.

Levington-Nov20001323229029.png

The church of our Lady Saint Bernadette was commissioned by Napoleon's governor left in charge of the city. It was to be a small replica of the famous Notre Dame, to add French influence architecturally to the city as well as a dominant structure to be seen for miles around.

Levington-Nov20001323228992.png

The original theater district, now restored is always hopping with the latest shows that travel the world. Tourists can enjoy a spectacular show and then a cup of coffee in the evening after.

Levington-Nov20001323228973.png

Many residents of France and the coastal regions of the Republic have quaint vacation condos here in this secluded city

Levington-Nov20001323228903.png

Levington-Nov20001323228877.png

Levington-Nov20001323228805.png

The city is located by a nearby ski resort in as well as numerous camp sites and trails through the mountains and by the rivers in the National Forest that completely surrounds the city

Levington-Nov20001323228781.png

Levington-Nov20001323228652.png

You can also visit the market, where you can leisurely browse through a wonderful mix of both local and international designers while enjoying a local pastery

Levington-Nov20001323228720.png

Besides highway, there is only one real way in and out, and that is by scenic railway. As this secluded village receives numerous European tourists each year, the Grand station has become the gateway to the city

Levington-Nov20001323228591.png

Here are some general images from around the city

Levington-Nov20001323228734.png

Levington-Nov20001323228755.png

Levington-Nov20001323228949.png

Levington-Nov20001323228521.png

So remember, if you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, want to avoid the crowds at the beach, or even just be at peace with nature, book a train to Levington today.

Levington-Nov20001323229013-1.jpg

As always, please comment, rate, and provide any information for improvement! Thanks for viewing!

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Guest hahei

Posted

I agree with ggamgus! Where on earth did you get that marvelous road texture?

Share this comment

[b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size=2]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2774/entry-16438-week-18-43012-5612/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORIES [i][color=#0000FF]HISTORIC, LANDMARK[/color][/i][/size][/b]

Share this comment

[quote name='spursrule14' timestamp='1335924374']
[b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size=2]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/2774/entry-16438-week-18-43012-5612/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORIES [i][color=#0000FF]HISTORIC, LANDMARK[/color][/i][/size][/b]
[/quote]

Why Thank you very much!

Share this comment

[quote name='hahei' timestamp='1335660431']
I agree with ggamgus! Where on earth did you get that marvelous road texture?
[/quote]

I believe that the overall road texture I use is MRTNRLN European Road Texture Replacement Mod, of which a new version recently came out on the STEX in conjunction with NAM

Share this comment