• Comments
  • Views

Northlake Boatlaunch

Sign in to follow this  
blunder

7. Northlake Boatlaunch

Replies:

Wow, lots of comments this week.

@escilnavia, Leszczyk, MamaLuigi945, LolloLallo, Benedict, Johan-91, ten trillion, k50dude: Thank you very much for your kind words.

@ee99: Thanks! If you look at pictures of the real Mt. Fuji, there really is a small stone shrine like that on top of the mountain, as well as several other 'waypoint' buildings along the way up.

@NMUspidey: Thank you, sir! You're living in japan? And here i thought the NMU part of your name was some kind of US university acronym, like New Mexico University or somesuch. Learning something new everyday...

@Evandad: It can't be that hard of a climb; its only a few thousand pixels. :D

@spursrule14: Thanks! Another award is always a nice accomplishment.

@hahei, Amthaak, Bugs Bunny: The snow is actually part of the Meadowshire Terrain Mod by c.p. over at SC4D. Once the terrain reaches a certain height, the snow texture appears automatically. For MMP's I use just about everything I can find.

@Hazy37: Sure thing, but this time I'm afraid you'll have to settle for only half as many pics.

@everyone: a big THANK YOU for launching this CJ into the BTT top 10!

-------------

New Stuff.

Area: Mt. Fuji

Tile: Southeast Flank (hurray for originality)

Now that we've gone up and down Fuji, I'm going to take some time to do some small scale projecty stuff. Trying to rapidly do large projects that take up whole large tiles really takes it out of me, and some of the quality definitely suffers for it. So we're going to backtrack just a little bit and take a peek at the north side of Lake Benihana, where there is a small park, complete with boatlaunch.

1. Heading north on the Fuji Route, a small road turns off the state route.

01%20turn%20off.jpg?psid=1

2. The shoreline alternates between rocky and marshy.

07%20marshy.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

3. The park entrance.

02%20park%20entrance.jpg?psid=1

4. The park green.

03%20park%20grass.jpg?psid=1

5. Northlake Boatramp.

04%20boat%20launch.jpg?psid=1

6. There's some good fishing in the lake here.

05%20good%20fishing.jpg?psid=1

7. An overview of the small park.

06%20overview.jpg?psid=1

Short update this time. Don't forget to rate, +1, and leave your thoughts in the comments if you feel like it.

Enjoy the weekend folks.

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

(man, EVERYONE thinks New Mexico University, but it's [i]Northern Michigan[/i] University!) Yup, I live in Japan but I'm American.

Anyways, I love this cj, and I'm glad it's in the Top Ten. You've certainly earned it. I like this entry as well, and while you usually cannot see pickup trucks in Japan, I have actually caught a brand-new F-Series in the wild. 5/5!

Share this comment

The houses are beautiful!
[img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/39.gif[/img]

Share this comment

[font="Comic Sans MS"][b][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img]
[size="2"]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/2774/entry-13999-week-11-102411-103011/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORY [i][color="#0000FF"]NATURE[/color][/i] [/b][/size][/font]

Share this comment