• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 5: Auburn's Regional Airport+Surrounding Areas!

GreekMan

introvc.jpg

Welcome to Auburn's Regional Airport! NOTE: My airports may not seem very realisitc to some so please don't bash mine. This is the way I do it! Nnuff said! :P

Auburn's airport connects the citizens of Auburn to other major cities around Auburn. The airport does not connect people from Auburn to one of the major cities around the world. You must fly first to a major hub then connect to go anywhere else. Auburn is still too small for a major airport.

airportoverview.jpg

Two closeups of the terminal during evening rush hour. The airport can get quite busy:

terminal1.jpg

terminal2.jpg

The airport has only one runway, Runway 9. More are being planned but those are long term plans.

runway9.jpg

The near-by commercial warehouse/office district

comj.jpg

The Windsor Bridge that connnects the commercial area with the town of Windsor.

winsorbridge.jpg

The town of Windsor, located on Windsor Island, itself:

winsoroverview.jpg

The small but vibrant downtown district.

downtownif.jpg

Some cheap but beautiful homes located in Windsor. Even the mansions sell for a maximum of 250,000!

homes1.jpg

There are a few small towns located around Winsdor. They are tiny towns served by the sheriff's office located in Windsor.

The town of Aleridge:

aleridge.jpg

The town of Berkley:

berkley.jpg

The town of Walker:

walkerd.jpg

The town of Webster

websterd.jpg

Some of the farmland that surrounds these small byt quaint towns:

farmscorner.jpg

It's Vacation time for Auburn. NO updates for three weeks!!!!! BUT keep the posts and views coming!!!!

20,000 VIEWS!!!!!!!! Thanks for making this CJ the most successful CJ in the new section( and also for me). Four weeks atop Ben's Top Ten List!!

17 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow, 3 weeks. I'll be gone for 3 weeks as well, going to Charlotte. Anyways, that airport really looks good, I really like the terminals, oh and the control tower really looks nice at the area where it is, but as your airport expands, i would move it closer towards the runways. This city is really amazing, with the small towns. Scratch that control tower thing, I looked at Charlotte's airport and they built their airport sort of like yours. Windsor was my favorite! :thumb:

Share this comment

It isn't the very best airport I've seen, but it's a lot better than the default airports (or a version of it) that maxis gives you. Good job.

Share this comment

Why is the one and only runway called "runway 9". Don't you think "runway 1" would make more sense, or do you know something about airports that I don't.

Share this comment

To expand: airport runways are numbered by their heading. It is advantageous to the pilot to both take off into the wind (greater airflow over the wings, meaning greater lift) and to land into the wind (the headwind helps you slow down faster). By numbering runways based on their heading rather than consecutively, it is easier for a pilot and air traffic controllers to determine for these purposes which available runway at an airport is most closely aligned with the wind.

Share this comment

Also, by numbering runways by heading, it makes it much easier for a pilot unfamiliar with the airport to know right away from what direction he needs to make his approach to be lined up properly for landing.

Share this comment

A nice start to your break is that your CJ is number one on Ben's Top Ten for a fifth week - good work!

Share this comment

@ dabadon5- Thanks!

@ Zulu2065- Thanks for the comment!

@ 111222333444- Thank you!

@ Tosh.oh- Thanks a lot!

@ Joe323- Thanks man!

@ Jeroentje- I try. Thanks!

@ Sevnur92- I knew i was. thanks!

@ usfighter15- My weak point is small towns and airports. Thank you!

@ KnightofDay- Cause I downloaded a pack and there was no runway 1 in it. Thanks!

@ SIM MIESTER- A lot of hard work and patience. Thank a lot!

@ elemented9- Thanks!

@ Sevnur92- interesting stuff. Thanks!

@ Beren Erchamion- Hmm didnt know that...Thanks for the explanation!

@ Benedict- Thanks!

@ harmazi12- Thank you! download what?

Share this comment