Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drake0013

Sleepy Music

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I'm trying to DL some songs from iTunes that are good for going to sleep. I mostly try to use the score from movies. Any suggestions of good, slow movie songs without words?

Don't listen to Dusky, he's anti-sleep. And anti-music. And anti-a few other things..

I listen to the radio in my sleep, which is why I have dreams about car dealerships.

Some people are able to sleep better with a bit of calming music, DuskTrooper.

Not sure about movies, but the track Heavy Price Paid on the Halo 2 soundtrack is probably the most calming track I've ever heard. You could also try a CD of the ocean. I believe they sell them, and other nature-related CDs, at Target.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Praetorian Cohort You could also try a CD of the ocean. I believe they sell them, and other nature-related CDs, at Target.quote>

Yeah, I have one of those "rain" ones. It's good. I also listen to my Master and Commander CD a lot. Just thought maybe I would try something new.

If you can find it, try the score of Fantasia. There are some really dreamy selections there along with the excitement.

For good Beethoven, try Immortal Beloved. Excepts, and not much fireworks.

Originally posted by: Praetorian Cohort

Some people are able to sleep better with a bit of calming music, DuskTrooper. Not sure about movies, but the track Heavy Price Paid on the Halo 2 soundtrack is probably the most calming track I've ever heard. You could also try a CD of the ocean. I believe they sell them, and other nature-related CDs, at Target.quote>

Yeah, I have to believe "Heavy Price Paid" is a very calming song.  Just make sure to put it on loop because "Earth City" (which comes immediately afterward) will definitely keep you awake.  So will "Ancient Machine" but that will give you nightmares instead.

• Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: The Terminator Listen to "Microminature love" by Michael Yonkers.quote>
    I previewed that song on iTunes... pretty weird.

I actually find that the SimCity music, especially the Region ones are very relaxing. I've copyed them onto disk and listen to them all the time.