Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

godmodd5

Mother Nature goes nuts!

48 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Strong Thunderstorms in canada,Heavy snow and rain in california and arizona.

Tonadoes on the plains.

Whats next i do not know. but i've never seen any thing like this before this before in march.

Here in alberta 50cm of snow fell in a week and 30cm in one day, turning a hoplessly dry winter into a shovel fest. About a dozen fatal car crashes since feb 28.

While vancover island had a very intence thunderstorm last night.

The storm unleased heavy rain, snow and hail.

At the moment Thunderstorms are pounding northern ontario.

More thunderstorms are forecast in southern ontairo tomorrow thru monday.

Southern Ontario had storms way back in early February. And they were pretty strong here in London.

Hopefully things don't get worse this year. London being the most Tornado-prone city in Canada (up there with Windsor) doesn't help. Last year I counted 6 funnel clouds in one storm (One right over our house which you felt go over). There were more throughout the summer. Scary considering it was rare to see 2 in a year before.

I'm a big weather buff.

Thunder Bay had a March thunder storm today. that means we're in for a hot summer. 15.gif

Last march we got our first on the 23rd, and we had a good 3 weeks last summer where it didnt drop below 25

• Original Poster
  • I beg to differ vidioman.

A big enough thunderstorm could cut of that suplus off,eg a lightning strike on a powerline and blowing a transformer.

In that case the power would by out until crews fix the line(1hour or so).

My newest prediction is that Most of north america will be much hotter than normal this summer. Thunderbay is in an area likey to have hot and humid weather that extends from Texas to Newfoundland.

This past friday it was 60 degrees (farenheit) out in New York City. Just a couple days before that it was below freezing, as you might expect this time of year. Talk about nutty weather.46.gif

This was one hot summer... we usually range in around the 60s to 50s down here in Houston, but this year it was extremely hot from the high 70s to mid-80s!!! I just hated the weather this winter.

Originally posted by: vidioman

Thunder Bay had a March thunder storm today. that means we're in for a hot summer. Last march we got our first on the 23rd, and we had a good 3 weeks last summer where it didnt drop below 25

• Original Poster
  • I fear the return of the BLACK FRIDAY, another F4 twister will hit somewhere in alberta this summer, i just hope it ain't a city or town.

I don't think tall objects will always protect things.

Tree struck by lighning

The tree is this photo was a few blocks from where i live and is one block from a cellphone tower.

Feel free to look at my other photos

I woke up at 3:30 in the morning to a huge thunderstorm.

Sounded like a bomb went off. And there's more this afternoon.

Doesn't bother me. I love thunderstorms! I'm still worried about tornados though.

Apparently Ontario is overdue for a strong twister that strikes a major center. Just hope its not mine.

Why does it seem like there's a new "crazy weather" topic every month or so?

It's been 60 F (~15 C) and sunny, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.2.gif

Originally posted by: brancra

Why does it seem like there's a new "crazy weather" topic every month or so?

It's been 60 F (~15 C)

Well, we had a snow storm with thunder in February. The whole weather system seems to be in some sort of upheaval.

If anyone thinks that any of our puny energy and gas emissions could affect this system, I recommend a course in Geology, one in Atmospherics, and one in Meteorology. Mother Nature will do what she has always done: What she damn pleases.

Originally posted by: N_O_Body

Well, we had a snow storm with thunder in February. The whole weather system seems to be in some sort of upheaval. If anyone thinks that any of our puny energy and gas emissions could affect this system, I recommend a course in Geology, one in Atmospherics, and one in Meteorology. Mother Nature will do what she has always done: What she damn pleases.quote>

Exactly.

there just not enough data to predict any thing more then a few hours localy.

Well here in the UK the weekend just gone Glasgow got hit by massive bliazzards and high winds. here in the quieter east of england its 1C today (average for this time of year is about 7C) and with the wind chill (its very windy about 30mph winds at moment) it is -4C. yet its forcasted by end of week to be 13C. Here in the Uk we have been getting extreems in weather and already hose pipe bans are to be in force in the south as we have had a very dry winter. (typically my boiler packed up last week and it will take till mid april before it gets fixed due to plumbers workloads!!!, so its electric heater, gas fireplace and thermals for me for the next 3 weeks!!!)

Well, to put some overseas info in here, in norway we still have a good 80cm of snow lying and the temperatures are the same as it would be in early january in a normal winter. terrible, seems like winter just wont go away 15.gif

It is a gradual increase in unreliable predictability, Compounding upon itself with each season.

Biblically spoke of and explained in sufficient detail:

Called in the greek; beginning of sorrows or labor pains of the Earth.

We are in the age of Cancer(end of the cycle/end of the age). after leaving the age of water(Aquarius). Before the dawning of Aquarius in 1967; we were in the age of Picses(fisherman, fishing for mens souls). After the age of Cancer, the earth returns to Gemini, or the beginning again. when one twin slays the other (genisis). and alas, Jesus will sley his alter ego the anti-christ. Just like Caan slew his twin brother Abel. Who was also an opposite of his twin.

The weather patterns are something I myself have predicted coming for 20 years. Many Christians have spoke of this time for 50 years. actually for milleniums and it is finally here! Aaaah back to the garden we all go and eat of the tree of life that has 144 different kinds of fruit on it and each one adds a missing ingredient or nutrient that gives us back eternal youth!

You may ask; what has all that, to do with the weather? well, man is directly causing the weather troubles, but the Bible truly does warn of this predictment first and foremost.

The stars do tell us where Earth has been and where it is going next. Nostradamus knew these things and Daniel of the Bible knew these things, as did Jesus and his impatient disciples.

Mother earth is saying; I have had enough! It is time to wretch out the poison that ails her.

Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota recorded 9.7 inches of snow (24.6 cm) and we have snow drifts about 2 feet. This isn't terrible, but not usual for this time of year. Area schools were closed as well as colleges (including mine) and workplaces. Meanwhile, my hometown back in Maryland was 80 degrees F (27 C). Crazy winter I must say.

Originally posted by: frndofyaweh

It is a gradual increase in unreliable predictability, Compounding upon itself with each season.

Biblically spoke of and explained in sufficient detail:

Called in the greek; beginning of sorrows or labor pains of the Earth.

We are in the age of Cancer(end of the cycle/end of the age). after leaving the age of water(Aquarius). Before the dawning of Aquarius in 1967; we were in the age of Picses(fisherman, fishing for mens souls). After the age of Cancer, the earth returns to Gemini, or the beginning again. when one twin slays the other (genisis). and alas, Jesus will sley his alter ego the anti-christ. Just like Caan slew his twin brother Abel. Who was also an opposite of his twin.

The weather patterns are something I myself have predicted coming for 20 years. Many Christians have spoke of this time for 50 years. actually for milleniums and it is finally here! Aaaah back to the garden we all go and eat of the tree of life that has 144 different kinds of fruit on it and each one adds a missing ingredient or nutrient that gives us back eternal youth!

You may ask; what has all that, to do with the weather? well, man is directly causing the weather troubles, but the Bible truly does warn of this predictment first and foremost.

The stars do tell us where Earth has been and where it is going next. Nostradamus knew these things and Daniel of the Bible knew these things, as did Jesus and his impatient disciples.

Mother earth is saying; I have had enough! It is time to wretch out the poison that ails her.quote>

Or it could just be 'normal' weather patterns, stuff like El Nino, La Nina. 3.gif2.gif

According to...a bunch of people I know, there was snow in the Oakland hills this weekend...and there was snow in San Francisco also...so yeah...mother nature is crazy.

With the temperatures on a rollercoaster ride and the winds shifting, what normally moves through the area has left paint pealing on the walls, and stale repugnent unbreathable air ... wait a minute I'm sorry thats the mens room here at work.

I got home to the Twin Cities area from my College in Fargo to find it warm and snowless. We got over 8" of snow Sunday night and yesterday. Winter is back all of a sudden.

Originally posted by: danurve With the temperatures on a rollercoaster ride and the winds shifting, what normally moves through the area has left paint pealing on the walls, and stale repugnent unbreathable air ... wait a minute I'm sorry thats the mens room here at work.quote>
    Minneapolis/St. Paul officially recorded 10.5 inches of snow and tonight into tomorrow, we are expecting another 4-7 inches! And to think, we had our warmest January and now we have a lot of snow... go figure. Give us a tentalizing taste of spring and hit us not once, but twice (and possibly a third coming this Sunday...). snow40lu.jpgsnow34vu.jpgsnow24ze.jpgsnow15te.jpg

Here in S.E. Michigan, it was around 70F, 2 days ago, then the next day it was snowing and only around 30F! Its really windy now, and of course its trash day. Everyone put their trash out, and it blew away.

Here in Calgary we had about a week of real cold the whole winter. The rest of the winter was warm. This past month there has been some snow but it has been of the fall and then melt in a few days variety. This is certainly no fearsome prairie winter. From what I read in the Globe and Mail it has been like this across Canada and in most places it was the warmest winter ever or the second warmest. With every year piling on new records and increasing evidence of climatic shift in a small 30 year or so window I don't see how people can still doubt global warming. The problem now is to convince peope in northern climes that have enjoyed a mild, mild winter that it's a bad thing.

I remember last month or so when there was thundersnow. That was the loudest thunder I have ever heard, EVER! From snow! lol

Beebs said; Or it could just be 'normal' weather patterns, stuff like El Nino, La Nina.

El Nino: the little child or as it is classically and historically used in that writ; the little Christ child.

His second coming is announced by extremely irratic weather patterns. Christ said that himself in the Bible.

Humans can name it whatever they wish, because they have a need to define it, to give them comfort.

Have you ever looked at an Earthquake Atlas, Beebs?

In 1967, Isreal established a new nation. In 1967 That exact same month, earthquake activeity began a rapid increase. 400%  over the next 5 years. from 1972 until 1980; it increased another 1000%. and continues at such a compound and fast rate, that it goes right off the chart! Did El Nino, cause this to happen and continue to increase for a total of 39 years now?!