13 posts in this topic Last Reply
I am experimenting on the very last unbuilt neighborhood in my Vulcan Vale huge tile city, which is nearing 100K Sims with nowhere left to build but up. I have constructed this high density housing shown below, so that in order to get out to jobs, the Sims have to go by, first, the subway, and if that doesn't grab them, second, a Park Here lot. I'll be curious to see what percentages each captures and what percentage ignores both and heads out by car.
I see I still have to break connection to that side road on the left, oops.
I have beeen watching on YouTube the 100 part series:
SimCity 4- Building A City From Scratch (Let's Play) by haljackey
to see what I could learn.
This is it:
I have finished 4 of 100. He is doing as I would expect creating some of the road/rail infrastructure prior to letting the clock run. (pretty much using infinite money).
He is doing what I do not know how to do; make things level. He is doing this mainly because it looks really good. I am, in fact, playing this game in part due to the aesthetic appeal. I am watching all that he is doing, but I either don't understand or cannot duplicate. I will describe just a few of my problems.
(1) He is using the NAM Bullet Train Tracks to create level elevated embankments for RHW/NAM roads. By laying them and then deleting them. I did run the NAM installer again and add the Bullet Train, but I cannot find what he is using.
(2) He is using what looks like a single tile Maxis road to level out minor slope issues. This I think I got, but it often seems that as I keep doing this, it ultimately creates an earth wave which cannot be leveled.
(3) He is using what looks like a one tile ploppable parking lot to bring the sides of the embankments in #1, back down to base level. This generally makes the embankments not much wider than the road/rail which sits upon it. I don't know where he has gotten this ploppable or tool.
(4) He is using a road. I don't think it is the MAXIS road, since it shows two rounded nubs at the ends as a measuring tool to count grid units. What is he using? Where is this thing?
(5) He is using roads (it doesn't look like MAXIS) again as quick way to accomplish almost the same task as #3. #3 is more precise, but this is broad strokes and quicker. What NAM draggable roads is he using for this? And from where?
(6) He is using either the Mayor mode or Mayor/God mode terraforming quick level tool to handle some macro work. I have tried it myself. It works as advertised, but besides leveling it seems to put the leveled area into a depression. How do I avoid my highways being sunken with the quick level tool?
(7) He is using some draggable NAM road laying to turn sharp grades into gentle grades. What road is he using? And where can I find it?
As you can see, I need help badly. If there are NAM tutorials, you could say I need pre-NAM schooling, since I am not even ready to lay down a network.
Below is an example of how my stuff looks ... and I wanted to do better. Mine looks like Roller Coaster Tycoon meets SimCity!
H E L P P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
So recently I started working on a new mod: Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.
It's a building on the top of a mountain, looking over the Griffith Park. The front side is normal height on the ground level, but the back of the building goes lower and lower into the mountain, as can be seen on this image:
So right now I'm testing the model in game to see what's the best way to get the back part looking like that, I figured with ingame terraforming I could get a lot done. if I make the grid smaller than the actual building terraforming should not be a problem. I do however bumped into an other problem which I just completely forgot. Everything below ground level will have a dirt texture on it.
How would you guys solve this problem? Is that dirt texture removable? and is there a way to make sharper mountains, just to make sure no ground will be poking trough the model anywhere?
Thank you in advance.
By Nico Robin
Hello all , after 3 week of work i finaly done , The bi-level Udon one way street are like the bi-level street by Max
Bi-Level Street Pack By Max
Make Sure have Udon 1.9 in ur simcityData Folder
Info About 1.5 Version:
Add New Submenu 'Bi-Level Udon'
Fixed Ramp Bug
Install in : Origin Game / SimCity / SimcityData Folder <<
Not Compatible with :
Press on The Color Blue , show what mods don't use ^^
• Bridge And Tunnel Mod
• Udon One way Street With no traffic lights (Unable to buldoze the Maglev , Pipeline and Road Mega Tower).
• Road With no traffic light By Max (Unable to buldoze the Maglev , Pipeline and Road Mega Tower).
After 5 Days i finaly done!!!!
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.