AmiPolizeiFunk

Any mod to control building level after Parklife?

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I'm also patiently awaiting any update regarding either of these mods. Heck, at this point I'm waiting for a whole new mod entirely! And knowing that Control Building Level Up hasn't been updated in over 2 years makes me really nervous, the whole way I play the game essentially hinges on that mod. With Find It!, Control Building Level Up, and some other minor mods I can place growables like RICO buildings, which is something I have to do since RICO has never worked for me. Really hope these mods update or some new one is created to replace them, I'm hopeful since it seems like so many people used them and are awaiting any updates. Just gotta wait and see.

• Original Poster
  • "Force Building Level" was really great. You could click up a level or down a level and it would lock at that position. This can't be too hard to fix. Would any modder be so kind as to rewrite this mod? You'd be very popular. Many of us are just sitting on our hands waiting for it!

• Original Poster
  • I can't do anything with my Berlin 1:1 project until a version of this mod is fixed. If any modder would look into this, I would be forever grateful. Been waiting a week and I'm starting to lose hope. I wanna make parks :(

• Original Poster
  • I can't play until this gets resolved or I'll lose dozens of hours of hand-picking buildings. I don't believe it could be sooooo hard to fix this mod:

Force Building Level: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1275678215

280658E01933C8ED409D79E16BF225A398F604EA

The code is available here: https://github.com/coarxflow/Skylines-ControlBuildingLevelUpMod

Can anybody fix this? The code is posted in the link. Do we have an idea of why our little "x"'s have vanished and cannot be added back? Is it because something changed the way Parklife does zoning?

Is this only relevant for growables? Or could it affect RICO buildings if I let my game play for a long time (I have only build on pause to my best efforts).

I ask because I am only about 10% into a project I don't expect to complete until Nov so I have been very paranoid about trying to avoid things that might cause this problem. For instance I haven't used network extensions roads or even Traffic manager and a few others  because I am so paranoid about losing my saves. 

Only relevant to growables. RICO buildings cannot level up or get abandoned.

If we're talking about if RICO can be abandoned and not get updated like this mod, then yes that can happen. And that will mean the RICO buildings you have will revert to what they originally was - either unique buildings, parks or growables. But RICO is such a big mod with no other options at all that I would be surprised if other modders didn't try and fix it. There's already been a bunch of people who made the fix for the High Density Fix version published by Whitefang Greytail. And that was bug fixes on the mod when it wasn't even broken.

Not a complete solution to this, but I think a mod which merely disables the whole leveling up feature of the game might be a simple fix. I don't actually zone or grow buildings when I play anymore, so a mod which gets rid of leveling altogether would be much simpler for me than either of these mods being updated. I could just place growable buildings and not worry about them changing at all! Actually surprised that a mod like this doesn't already exist. Obviously I want these mods also updated, but it's just an idea.

• Original Poster
  • Isn't that what "Plop the Growables" does? 

That solution is no good for me because if I saved my game just once I would lose my hundreds of tickmarks on hand-picked buildings. I like to have both techniques -- freely growing areas as well as hand-picked individual buildings. I know this mod would be easy to fix if any modder had a moment to take a look at it. I was so hyped to try parklife and build a great Tiergarten and a Zoo... welp, let's just say my enthusiasm is gone after waiting for this. :(

• Original Poster
  • Thank you boformer. Perhaps I can save my save.

The guy who made "Force Building Level" appeared finally and made a post, but who knows when he'll get around to actually fixing it. BloodyPengiun took a look at fixing that one as well, made some progress, but didn't have time to finish the fix. The issue wasn't as simple as I'd hoped.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Synergy67
        I am experimenting on the very last unbuilt neighborhood in my Vulcan Vale huge tile city, which is nearing 100K Sims with nowhere left to build but up. I have constructed this high density housing shown below, so that in order to get out to jobs, the Sims have to go by, first, the subway, and if that doesn't grab them, second, a Park Here lot. I'll be curious to see what percentages each captures and what percentage ignores both and heads out by car. 

I see I still have to break connection to that side road on the left, oops.
      • By Stellaris88
        Are there any video games where you play as the illuminati and take control over the world? Or something similar like the illuminati? Or does such an game not exist?
      • By MarkShot
        I have beeen watching on YouTube the 100 part series:
        SimCity 4- Building A City From Scratch (Let's Play)  by haljackey
        to see what I could learn.
        This is it:
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Yl0lRNSH1j2uClwY-RLuKD2Bee8Cd1N
        I have finished 4 of 100.  He is doing as I would expect creating some of the  road/rail infrastructure prior to letting the clock run.  (pretty much using infinite money).
        He is doing what I do not know how to do; make things level.  He is doing this mainly because it looks really good.  I am, in fact, playing this game in part due to the aesthetic appeal.  I am watching all that he is doing, but I either don't understand or cannot duplicate.  I will describe just a few of my problems.
        (1)  He is using the NAM Bullet Train Tracks to create level elevated embankments for RHW/NAM roads.  By laying them and then deleting them.  I did run the NAM installer again and add the Bullet Train, but I cannot find what he is using.
        (2)  He is using what looks like a single tile Maxis road to level out minor slope issues.  This I think I got, but it often seems that as I keep doing this, it ultimately creates an earth wave which cannot be leveled.
        (3)  He is using what looks like a one tile ploppable parking lot to bring the sides of the embankments in #1, back down to base level.  This generally makes the embankments not much wider than the road/rail which sits upon it.  I don't know where he has gotten this ploppable or tool.
        (4)  He is using a road.  I don't think it is the MAXIS road, since it shows two rounded nubs at the ends as a measuring tool to count grid units.  What is he using?  Where is this thing?
        (5)  He is using roads (it doesn't look like MAXIS) again as quick way to accomplish almost the same task as #3.  #3 is more precise, but this is broad strokes and quicker.  What NAM draggable roads is he using for this?  And from where?
        (6)  He is using either the Mayor mode or Mayor/God mode terraforming quick level tool to handle some macro work.  I have tried it myself.  It works as advertised, but besides leveling it seems to put the leveled area into a depression.  How do I avoid my highways being sunken with the quick level tool?
        (7)  He is using some draggable NAM road laying to turn sharp grades into gentle grades.  What road is he using?  And where can I find it?
        As you can see, I need help badly.  If there are NAM tutorials, you could say I need pre-NAM schooling, since I am not even ready to lay down a network.
        Below is an example of how my stuff looks ... and I wanted to do better.  Mine looks like Roller Coaster Tycoon meets SimCity!
        H E L P    P L E A S E    !!!!!!!!!!!!         Thanks!

• By Kliekie
        So recently I started working on a new mod: Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.
        It's a building on the top of a mountain, looking over the Griffith Park. The front side is normal height on the ground level, but the back of the building goes lower and lower into the mountain, as can be seen on this image: 

So right now I'm testing the model in game to see what's the best way to get the back part looking like that, I figured with ingame terraforming I could get a lot done. if I make the grid smaller than the actual building terraforming should not be a problem. I do however bumped into an other problem which I just completely forgot. Everything below ground level will have a dirt texture on it.

How would you guys solve this problem? Is that dirt texture removable? and is there a way to make sharper mountains, just to make sure no ground will be poking trough the model anywhere?
        Thank you in advance.
      • By Nico Robin
        Hello all , after 3 week of work i finaly done , The bi-level Udon one way street  are like the bi-level street by Max

Bi-Level Street Pack By Max

Make Sure have Udon 1.9 in ur simcityData Folder
        Info About 1.5 Version:
        Add New Submenu 'Bi-Level Udon'
        Fixed Ramp Bug

Install in : Origin Game / SimCity / SimcityData Folder <<

Not Compatible with :
         Press on The Color Blue , show what mods don't use ^^
        •  BoC
        •  Udon-Addon
        •  Bridge And Tunnel Mod
        •  Udon One way Street With no traffic lights (Unable to buldoze the Maglev , Pipeline and Road Mega Tower).
        •  Road With no traffic light By Max (Unable to buldoze the Maglev , Pipeline and Road Mega Tower).

After  5 Days i finaly done!!!!