5 posts in this topic Last Reply
In the search to find a better Chat, we're now experimenting with Discord, which some of you have suggested. If you've never heard of Discord, it's one of the most popular chat platforms geared for gamers and online communities.
Here's what you need to know:
Our invite URL https://discord.gg/9mf8uRr Note: In order to access Simtropolis member's only channels, you'll need to link your Discord account to your Simtropolis account. You can do this in Account Settings -> Discord. If you don't already have one, setting up a new account at Discord is fast, easy and free. You can also download the Discord app for your computer and mobile devices. So if you feel like it, come indulge us in the Discord chat experiment! We look forward to seeing you on!
PS. If you don't link your Discord account to Simtrpolis, the Bot won't be able to recognize you as a member of Simtropolis and update your Discord role so you can access the #members-only channels, instead you'll be limited to just our #public channel.
Effective May 1, 2017, our Chat feature, currently powered by IP.Board (InvisionPower), will end.
IPB have decided that they will no longer provide Chat as part of the community software.
So, my question to the community is: Do you want to keep some type of Chat system on the site?
There are chat systems out there that do support IP.Board, and these will be the systems that we will consider closely. Naturally, these also come with a cost, so if we do want to have a chat system, the caveat is that we will need your help to raise some additional funds to purchase a new chat system (usually one-time cost).
Please feel free to weigh in, share your thoughts, ideas, suggestions or recommendations!
Please note that this poll is for us to get a sense of the community's sentiment on the issue, and is not a "referendum", the Admins will have a final decision on the matter, taking into consideration your feedback. Thanks!
Hey fellow Simtropolians! I'm looking for a few people who would be interested in starting a region together.
1. I am on North America West 3
2. Prefer people who will play long term, not just a few days. Maybe even going on to create multiple regions.
3. Prefer communication via the in game chat or Skype. It is fun to play alone but I want to interact!
4. Any experience level welcome. I consider myself "moderate" in terms of ability. By no means expert.
5. Definitely want to work towards achieving one or all of the "Great Works" - I have yet to be in a region that was active enough.
6. I play a lot. Sometimes early morning, some times late at night - so hoping that no matter your time zone - there will be someone around to play.
7. I only speak English - sorry.
So that's my story. Feel free to message me on Origin or Add me in game or... I don't know. This is a new experience for me, I've played many cities alone and many "private" regions with my brothers but they simply aren't the Sim City Addicts that I am.
Looking forward to meeting you soon!
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.