bonzibuddy

Disable northern lights at night time

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Is there a way to disable the northern lights that show up at night? I'm using the tropical theme on my map so this looks really weird and I'd like to get rid of it.

I've been wondering the same thing. I thought it might be tied to map themes or environments, but changing those doesn't get rid of it. Hopefully someone has an answer - I'd like my nighttime sky to just be full of stars!

I was thinking the same thing lately and hope it's some setting in the theme editor. I'm using a (slightly modified) New Caldonia theme at the moment, and while it's nice to have bright nights, northern lights in the tropics look definitely off.

• Original Poster
  • Interesting that you mentioned New Caledonia, I applied that map theme and that's when I saw the northern lights kick in. Could it be related?

• Original Poster
  • Map theme editor allows you to adjust the probability of seeing northern lights at night. I set it to zero so hopefully it disappears now.

The northern lights seem to have stopped appearing in my game. I changed the environment using Environment Changer a few more times, so maybe something just finally clicked. Very odd.

Where did you put the slider? In my current city, the northern lights came with the Caledonia theme. The slider in that theme is nearly on the left end (whatever that means).

• Original Poster
  • It looks like once the northern light probably is set to not zero it gets applied permanently on to the map. Take one of the built in boreal based maps and change the team - the northern lights still persist. I think it's a bug but have no clue where to start troubleshooting. It could also be related to the longitude/latitude setting but I think that's governed by the map theme.

• Original Poster
  • This is interesting - if you create a blank map with boreal theme it does not show the northern lights at night. WTF?