6 posts in this topic Last Reply

How do i create in tropico 5 an totalitarian police state? How to i build an strong economy and what do i Need for an totalitarian state? An huge military? a strong police? martial law? Is it possible to build an totalitarian fascist state in tropico 5? Or is this not possible to build an fascist totalitarian police state?

Tropico 4 was better if you wanted to create a totalitarian state. In Tropico 5 you will see in the game that you have counselors lobbying for their faction (militarists, nationalists, capitalists, etc.)

If you check the almanach, you will see how you do in terms of popularity with each faction, just listen to what they have to say and you easily create a totalitarian state. Militarists do not like freedom, so do not build tv towers and newspaper building, as they provide freedom. Use a lot of police stations and military building, pay them well to avoid strikes and problems in case of rebellion.

Nationalists do not like immigration, Totalitarian like police states, so use the adequate options hen you will choose your Constitution.

Then use the edicts and choose what you think is adequate for a fascist state. Stuff like martial law, no free lunch, secret police, big brother, etc.

In terms of economy it's up to you, do you want a fascist style economy like WW2 3rd Reich or a communist state. You will always need a balance of agriculture, industry and tourism, considering you need at least agriculture and industry if you want to avoid strikes, civil and rebellion.

1205760587.jpg

1205760618.jpg

• Original Poster
  • 2 hours ago, Bastet69008 said:

Tropico 4 was better if you wanted to create a totalitarian state. In Tropico 5 you will see in the game that you have counselors lobbying for their faction (militarists, nationalists, capitalists, etc.)

If you check the almanach, you will see how you do in terms of popularity with each faction, just listen to what they have to say and you easily create a totalitarian state. Militarists do not like freedom, so do not build tv towers and newspaper building, as they provide freedom. Use a lot of police stations and military building, pay them well to avoid strikes and problems in case of rebellion.

Nationalists do not like immigration, Totalitarian like police states, so use the adequate options hen you will choose your Constitution.

Then use the edicts and choose what you think is adequate for a fascist state. Stuff like martial law, no free lunch, secret police, big brother, etc.

In terms of economy it's up to you, do you want a fascist style economy like WW2 3rd Reich or a communist state. You will always need a balance of agriculture, industry and tourism, considering you need at least agriculture and industry if you want to avoid strikes, civil and rebellion.

Why is tropico 4 better?

Mod Edit: Erased duplicated pics. -TekindusT

More options in terms of government, thanks to the parliament where you can have a military junta government in the Junta DLC, options to offer military education in schools, options to choose the kind of content the media can deliver (such as propaganda). There is also a DLC allows you to add propaganda towers everywhere in your nation.

You should watch videos on YouTube on how to build your totalitarian state, there are plenty for Tropico 4 and 5

• Original Poster
  • 2 hours ago, Bastet69008 said:

More options in terms of government, thanks to the parliament where you can have a military junta government in the Junta DLC, options to offer military education in schools, options to choose the kind of content the media can deliver (such as propaganda). There is also a DLC allows you to add propaganda towers everywhere in your nation.

You should watch videos on YouTube on how to build your totalitarian state, there are plenty for Tropico 4 and 5

Yes but ist more difficult to build an strong ecenomy in tropico 4. And i Need an strogn economy for an totalitarian state.

And no there are no tropico tutorial who Show how to build an totalitarian state.

Mod Edit: Merged replies. -TekindusT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By playfieldearth
        Hello everyone
        We would like to introduce you to our upcoming game Playfield. Earth / Urban Management.
        PFE / Urban Management will be a mix of city builder and comprehensive city management. 
        We want to go completely new ways in this genre, the player takes over existing cities, districts, villages or metropolitan regions with all their characteristics, specifics and challenges.

PFE / Urban Management offers different sub-gameplays (game modes) that simulate all aspects of real urban planning, urban management and typical municipal politics:
        - Urban planning
        - Traffic & transport
        - Public safety management
        - Society management
        - Economy & infrastructure management
        - A mayor mode
        - A multiplayer mode in which players take over a municipal government

Our trailer shows some of the pre-alpha builds and features we are planning:

We are looking forward to your opinions, ideas and criticisms, here in the forum.

Our website and social channels:
        https://playfield.earth/en/gameplays-en/urbanmanagement
        https://www.reddit.com/r/playfieldearth
        https://twitter.com/playfieldearth
        https://www.facebook.com/playfieldearth

• By Jonathan Irons
        Far Cry 4
        A Game where you play Ajay Ghale who is son of the Ishwara Ghale that wanted her ashes to be scarred to the her own country
        Kyrat
        A Place in Himalayas
        Natural Resources Depleted
        A Place where ONLY opium can be harvested  (Can someone find me an biologian or an scientist farmer that can tell me about this ? Is it possible to grow vegetables in places that can support opium production ?)
        OK Lets start (I Am "Born In 14/12/2002 and that's my view on Kyrat politics)
        Dictators (And wannabe dictators) Of Kyrat
        Pagan
        A Psycopath that kills golden path people because their leader killed his daughter
        Amita
        A Revolutionist that wants to save the future of Kyrat by making children work in opium fields
        Sabal
        A Traditionalist that believes Kyrat mythology (Religion of Kyrat people totally made up) and Mohan Ghale's (That child killer)  ideas about not selling drugs and doing sex with Tarun Matara (Worst of all, The current Tarun Matara is a 14 year old girl)
        Their Objectives
        Pagan wants to rule Kyrat like a Tropico or a SimCity player and killing soldiers of the rebel organization which their ex-leader killed his daughter named Lakshmana 
        Amita wants to save people from starving by making childs work in drug fields so they can get cash to fill their mouths while their fathers and mothers are killing remaining "Royal Army Holdouts" that wants to kill the Kyrat people ("I am sacrificing our liberties for peace later") 
        Sabal wants to rule the country in that "religion" and letting people starve because selling drugs are a bad thing ALSO he wants to have sex with Tarun Matara
        After Credits Scenes
        These Happen If you didn't enjoyed crab rangoon in the beginning and escaped
        In the beginning, If you wait 15 Mins you get accompanied by Pagan and he tells us how "Mohan Ghale" killed his own daughter and step sister of Ajay Ghale
        Pagan
        404 Not Found, If you let him get away and tells you the truth in exact same "crab rangoon" aftermath and gives you his crown and flees the country with his Blackhawk (Does anybody know how to find these on black market ?) yelling "I gave you the Kyrat but Heli is mine !"
        Amita
        Forced labour scene where children are forced to get employed in drug fields and she tells us "Bhadra Is not coming back" (After that, a location in the river titled "Tarun Matara's sleep" appears in the map
        Sabal
        He cuts throats of the "people sided with Amita and butchered their brothers and sisters" front of the Tarun Matara. Also he tells us Bhadra is Tarun Matara now
        After After credits sequences I made up
        Pagan
        He simply calls us about how he runs this country and does some "Step father and step son" talking (A step father that loves his adopted son ?)
        Amita
        Country isn't an Utopia but nobody is starving thanks to the Opium exports
        Sabal
        He fails
        Since Opium isn't harvested, People are very poor
        Conclusion
        OK
        Pagan wants to get revenge on Golden Path people
        Amita wants to improve her country at all costs
        Sabal just wants to sex with the Tarun Matara and "that made up religion" alive
        The problem is
        No matter what, Bhadra will have bad time
        So my idea
        Side with Pagan and teach him Islam so he can be an better person and save Kyrat with him
        Boring huh ?
        Lets say I was an moron atheist and didn't know anything about REAL religions also I didn't experienced "Crab Rangoon" ending
        At the end, I would
        Make sure Bhadra survives
        Side with Amita and save the country from starving by making children grow opium and feed their mouths when their parents work as soldiers that kills the "Royal Army Holdouts"
        Spare Sabal He didn't do anything wrong
        Spare Pagan Yes he killed people but I somehow want to save him (I Choose who to survive and who to kill)
        I Dont know why I wrote this note but this was playing (I Want mature games with mature stories like Fallout 1/2/3 and GTA 4. but sadly ALL of the modern game industry (With some exceptions like Far Cry) are made for 9 year olds that doesn't care about story
        These are my ideas
      • By RandyE
        The Regional Fire Station was made for building cities in which designing is more important to the user than civic operations, reducing the need to place and monitor public safety buildings.   The Regional Hospital is an additional building for the same purpose.  I have used the Ice Cream Truck to represent ambulances as there is not one in the Maxis props in LE, so although it may seem a stretch of the imagination, ice-cream at least associates to comfort for most people. 
        The building props are mostly from the Disease and Advanced Research Center and Airport to maintain a modern theme that could also be applied in a futurist setting. The radius and capacity are adjusted to cover most of a large city tile. A  Regional Police Station has been added to this download completing this set of public safety buildings, and an HTML Preview file added featuring the 3 lots.  
        Regional Hospital
        Patient Capacity: 12800, Radius: 2800.
        Landmark and Park Effect: 20, 10.
        Pollution 10, 5. 
        Maintenance Cost: 800
        Regional Police Station
        Dispatches 25 cars,
        Strength 200. Radius: 2800. 
        1 Helicopter.
        Jail Capacity: 200.
        Protection Cost: 400.
        The Regional Fire Station covers nearly an entire large city tile with moderately strong fire-fighting strength.  If placed in the center of the large tile its radius reaches close to the tile edges.  This station would also fit well in appearance and strength as an airport fire station.  
        Plop Cost: 5000
        Protection Cost: 400
        Center Strength: 250
        Radius: 2000
        Total Dispatches: 8
        Dispatch Center Strength: 200
        Dispatch Radius: 2000
        Exterior Strength: 200
        Air and Water Pollution, Garbage, 5, 3
        Located under fire stations in the civics menu with a bright red engine icon.
        All Maxis props and lighting, no dependencies.
        To install copy and paste the Region Public Safety folder into your User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder.  (delete the readme and preview files).
      • By mattb325
        Karlsruhe Courthouse, by Mattb325.
        ---------------------------------------
        The district attorney's office in Karlsruhe is presented in SC4 as a functional courthouse.
        It is a reasonably accurate representation although I have omitted the high perimeter walls which are just a little too imposing for my taste. 
        In addition to providing your sims with 128 highly desirable civic jobs, it will help alleviate the commercial and residential demand caps that can hinder city development by providing additional regional demand of over 80,000 CO§§ spaces and 10,000 Residential spaces. Given the way that the game is designed, in addition to providing health, education, safety, etc, using rewards is an absolutely necessary part of being able to develop large cities and regions.
        It sits on a 5x4 lot.
        * It is offered as a reward without needing to meet pre-existing conditions.
        * It is located in the REWARD Menu 
        * It can be placed more than once in a city. 
        * It DOES NOT over-write the ingame courthouse (or any re-lotted versions there-of), so can be used in conjunction with the standard Maxis courthouse reward.
        * It DOES NOT over-write any of my other courthouse lots (so can be used in conjunction with these as well).
        STATS:
        Lot size :                5 x 4
        Plop Cost:              §41,000
        Monthly Cost:        §910
        Budget Item:          Government Buildings
        Occupant Groups: Reward, Courthouse
        Demand Created:  Jobs§: 16, Jobs§§: 104, Jobs§§§: 8.
        Demand Satisfied: R§: 5,000, R§§: 5,000, CO§§: 80,000
        Landmark Effect:   +120 over 36 tiles
        Pollution:                 Air 6 over 2 tiles, Water 1 over 3 tiles, Garbage 29 over 0 tiles
        Power consumed:  92 MwH
        Water consumed:  184 Gallons/Month
        Bulldoze Cost:        §9,140
        NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two separate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mods) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
        You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
        If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
        DEPENDENCIES:
        To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
        *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
        *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
        *BSC Texture Pack - BSC Textures Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90)

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
        Sadly, ongoing negative comments from a few members of the community continue to force me to add this ridiculous disclaimer. This building has internal underground parking, and I have not used parking textures. If you wish to add parking textures, please do so using the lot editor.

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
        Thanks.
      • By CorinaMarie
        So, there doesn't seem to be a thread for this in the past 6 pages.

Here we have from low to moderately high security. (Those Ranger Stations are Guard Towers.)

Depending on the individual's criminal record they are put to work in the dirty sanitation department, on the farms, in heavy industrial, or (for the elite crooks) in the commercial offices.
        Recently there have been suggestions for adding an educational curriculum (and the associated buildings) for the unschooled inmates. The city council feels it would not be cost effective. Oddly enough, most of the council members just happen to own the various businesses in town where the prisoners are put to work. (Not that that should be a conflict of interest. Right?) Imagine Shawshank Rredemption style.