4 posts in this topic Last Reply
So I was recently looking at some Japan driving videos and got inspired to make some highway pillars.
I'm planning to make an entire set of various types of pillars in this style, even a 6cell over-canal pillar. (if it goes okay)
Tell me what you think about my first attempt, I need to nail the style and the details before I start making other variations.
Constructive criticism welcome, also any ideas.
By the way, do pillars have LODs like regular buildings? I should just make it just the pillar, without the small details - pipe, wires, supports.
Not sure when they're going to be done and available.
By Michael RT
For what I’m trying to accomplish, as far as I can tell, I should be using either SC4 Tool or the iLive Reader. I would like to be able to edit certain parameters of buildings in the game. For example, changing the radius for police, fire, education, etc. I would also like to change how much power is generated from power plants, how much water is generated by water pumps and towers, etc. Basically do everything (hopefully) that can be done in SimCity 3000 here.
I’ve tried both SC4 Tool and iLive Reader but can’t seem to find the buildings I’m searching for. I’m truly starting from scratch and need some assistance on either of these programs. Any help is greatly appreciated!
The most up to date version of ilive reader is necesary, check the mods page of http://simtropolis.com for this program.
How to back up simcity_1.dat
1. Find it in your program files and then maxis then simcity 4.
2. copy the file to your desktop and leave it there.
3. If anything goes wrong simply replace this file.
Lesson 1. Creating ordinances that bring in 5000 per resident.
1. Open your ilive reader and load simcity_1.dat
2. Open the analyser click tree then search
3. Find the plus sign beside ordinances and open it
4. search for the ordinance named smoke detectors
5. click it and in the data that appears on the left choose cost per resident double click this info line and edit the value that can be edited. ( a negative number means you are losing money for purpose of this lesson change it to 50000)
6. While we are here lets also change the flamability rating. Find the line named % effect on flamabillity and change it. (1 = normal flamability 0= no flamability 100000=super flamability)
7. close analyser and save
8. Test out the patch
Coming soon how to increase fire radius.
So i have a bunch assets and stuff and scrolling through and finding what i want is very uhhhh annoying and takes some time. I was wondering if someone had made a mod where the menu was expanded or a search menu has been created. I tried looking up some key words to see if there was anythign but i havent seen anything. I did come across DAMN but idk what that really is and looks very complicated and stuff
Ok. I uninstalled and reinstalled NAM 36 to make a change to the installation. When I went to go launch SC4, the game was deleted from my hard drive? Steam showed it as being installed, but no installation directory exists for it on hard drive. I then uninstalled NAM, reinstalled SC4, reinstalled CAM to repack the Simcity_1 dat, and then reinstalled NAM a second time. SC4 installation deleted again! Any ideas on what the heck is going on?
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.