tonyfv

Game not working after installing mods

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hello fellow mayors.

I've followed many instructions to install mods for my game on a Macbook, and they are not working. I have previously installed an update that gave me one-way streets but I think it was an automatic update, months and months ago. So I've had one-way streets and don't see any UDON packages in the folder except the one I just installed. 

I've even uninstalled/reinstalled SC after deleting the installed files and redone the whole process, but not working.

I can see the new UI with all the extra buttons now, but they don't have any content. I've attached a screen shot of the SimCityData folder - is something missing?

Thanks in advance - I am totally addicted to this game.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 7.46.50 PM.png

Did you install all the mods at the same time without testing them one at a time first?  If you did, uninstall all the mods. Get the game working in an un-modded state.  Then install one mod.  Run the game and see if it works.  If it does, then install the next mod.  Repeat the process until you reach a mod that either doesn't work or conflicts with another mod and makes it stop working.  If you find a mod that doesn't work, either don't install that mod or search online to see if there is a solution to get it working.

Remember, do one change at a time.  If you make a lot of changes at once, it becomes almost impossible to troubleshoot an issue.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks Prophet42.

I dragged the entire SC app into the trash, then reinstalled from Origin. It ran fine on a new game and my saved games were there. I quit the app, d/l the akar package and put in the SimCityData folder. I ran SC again and the extended UI is there, but without content on the new buttons (see attached). Then I d/l the UDON package, ran SC and nothing had changed. I quit SC, quit Origin and restarted both. Still no contents to the new buttons. I'm stopping now until I know what to do next. Getting the joneses here...

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 9.40.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 9.24.11 PM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ronyx69
        So I was recently looking at some Japan driving videos and got inspired to make some highway pillars.
        I'm planning to make an entire set of various types of pillars in this style, even a 6cell over-canal pillar. (if it goes okay)
        Tell me what you think about my first attempt, I need to nail the style and the details before I start making other variations.
        Constructive criticism welcome, also any ideas.
        By the way, do pillars have LODs like regular buildings? I should just make it just the pillar, without the small details - pipe, wires, supports.
        Not sure when they're going to be done and available.

• By Michael RT
        For what I’m trying to accomplish, as far as I can tell, I should be using either SC4 Tool or the iLive Reader. I would like to be able to edit certain parameters of buildings in the game. For example, changing the radius for police, fire, education, etc. I would also like to change how much power is generated from power plants, how much water is generated by water pumps and towers, etc. Basically do everything (hopefully) that can be done in SimCity 3000 here.

I’ve tried both SC4 Tool and iLive Reader but can’t seem to find the buildings I’m searching for. I’m truly starting from scratch and need some assistance on either of these programs. Any help is greatly appreciated!
      • By funforfree99
        The most up to date version of ilive reader is necesary, check the mods page of http://simtropolis.com for this program.

How to back up simcity_1.dat

1. Find it in your program files and then maxis then simcity 4.
        2. copy the file to your desktop and leave it there.
        3. If anything goes wrong simply replace this file.

Lesson 1. Creating ordinances that bring in 5000 per resident.

1. Open your ilive reader and load simcity_1.dat
        2. Open the analyser click tree then search
        3. Find the plus sign beside ordinances and open it
        4. search for the ordinance named smoke detectors
        5. click it and in the data that appears on the left choose cost per resident double click this info line and edit the value that can be edited. ( a negative number means you are losing money for purpose of this lesson change it to 50000)
        6. While we are here lets also change the flamability rating. Find the line named % effect on flamabillity and change it. (1 = normal flamability 0= no flamability 100000=super flamability)
        7. close analyser and save
        8. Test out the patch

Coming soon how to increase fire radius.
      • By hrobi2
        So i have a bunch assets and stuff and scrolling through and finding what i want is very uhhhh annoying and takes some time. I was wondering if someone had made a mod where the menu was expanded or a search menu has been created. I tried looking up some key words to see if there was anythign but i havent seen anything. I did come across DAMN but idk what that really is and looks very complicated and stuff
      • By quick
        Ok. I uninstalled and reinstalled NAM 36 to make a change to the installation. When I went to go launch SC4, the game was deleted from my hard drive? Steam showed it as being installed, but no installation directory exists for it on hard drive. I then uninstalled NAM, reinstalled SC4, reinstalled CAM to repack the Simcity_1 dat, and then reinstalled NAM a second time. SC4 installation deleted again! Any ideas on what the heck is going on?

Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod_result.txt
        install.log