leon31

HELP! My vehicle doesnt display correctly.

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

2 minutes ago, Tim The Terrible said:

Typical case of not having the correct Neutral color on your illumination map. I believe it's supposed to be 192,192,192 if you use GIMP (works for me)

192 is for buildings, not vehicles.

Refer to this comment.

You need to gamma correct some textures when exporting them.

I have photoshop actions linked in that comment which will do all that automatically for ACI and XYS.

Most likely you just need to apply a gamma adjustment 0.44 or 0.4545

5 minutes ago, Ronyx69 said:

192 is for buildings, not vehicles.

Isn't it 0,0,0 for buildings? Anyway, I had this problem with a train of mine and that fixed it for me. It's highly dependent on the software you use. What works for Photoshop might not work for GIMP and vice versa.

Spoiler

1BF3FF8C6DC8B0027DA5329322358213CFFBA5DA

4 minutes ago, Tim The Terrible said:

Isn't it 0,0,0 for buildings? Anyway, I had this problem with a train of mine and that fixed it for me. It's highly dependent on the software you use. What works for Photoshop might not work for GIMP and vice versa.

Reveal hidden contents

1BF3FF8C6DC8B0027DA5329322358213CFFBA5DA

It's both 0 and 192 for buildings depending on what you mean, 0 is no illumination, 192 is the black point for random nighttime windows.

It's impossible to be software dependant. You probably have some weird gamma change happening somewhere.

There are 3 types of illumination vehicles can have: always on, none, blinker.
And there are 3 colors to represent them - white, gray, black - I don't exactly know where the transition point between those is.

From the skylines wiki asset editor page:

• Illumination (Grayscale. This has a unique usage for vehicles: 0.5 is the neutral color. 0 is used for turning signals and 1 is used for braking signals and headlights.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      I've just come across a post by @Reddonquixote over on SC4D, it would appear our problems with using BAT4Max on newer 3DS max releases are over. In one of the scripts is a reference to a function that was removed entirely from 3DS Max, it would appear that trying to call this function was causing the scripts to fail on newer 3DS Max releases.
      Now of course right now, this isn't hugely tested so I don't want to jump the gun, but it seems if 3DS 2017 works with this fix, then it should work for earlier affected versions, am I right in saying that's 2016, possibly 2015 too?
      Anyhow, all credit obviously goes to RDQ for finding this problem, but rather than everyone edit their scripts. I've made a patched file you can simply use to replace the one with the faulty reference (attached).
      Instructions (Readme included with fix also):
      Download/Install BAT4Max as usual Find the install location for the scripts included with BAT4Max
      Default = 3DS MAX INSTALL DIR\gamepacks\BAT\scripts Copy the included SF_LtbL_functions.ms file, overwriting the original
      Remember to backup the original (just in case), by copying/moving it elsewhere outside of the 3DS Max install path Lastly, if you've not already don't so, don't forget to also get the Gamma Fix for 3DS Max from here too: Disclaimer: I personally use 3DS Max 2011, so have no way of testing this fix. But it can't cause any harm, it either works or it doesn't. Worst case scenario, restore the original file and you are back to square one (i.e. it still doesn't work).
      Lastly, please can those who might make use of the patch confirm if it works and which version of 3DS Max they've applied the fix too. This will help greatly with troubleshooting the issue for other users and helping ensure 3DS Max can be used for batting models into the future.
      BAT4MAX_Fix.zip
    • By Voeille
      This thread will include everything I create and share for CS, either in progress or already finished. I’m slow so I won’t add much often, but every now and then I’m tempted to enhance the game and add a little to the community

Now I’m making an enhanced temperate theme that is supposed to look lush, designed for maps full of forests and eco cities with lots of nature beauty instead of dirty factories. It’s basically finished, but it’s never bad to ask for some feedback before releasing. I changed all textures and normals except for moon, gravel, and pavement, and tried to make them as little repetitive as possible, and balance a nice look between zoomed in and zoomed out views.
      Ruined is supposed to look like dirt, not like sand or dry ground. I changed alpha of ruined in a way that stops it from appearing under cliff (I never liked it). Field is fine, so I left it very noticeable, just changed the colour. I hope my alphas make a natural and smooth transitions between textures. Oil and ore areas are basically unnoticeable when zoomed out. It’s on purpose, because the vanilla “stains” don’t look good in my opinion, and there is the resource view that lets us see the exact resource placement. When zoomed in, there’s a little difference in the grass look. The textures are mash-ups, edits, and blends of The Sims 2 (and 3 with respect to grass) textures (I create content for TS2 and I often use original textures from that game to make mine), and a few free ones found online. I’ll post necessary credits in the description in the workshop. They either were seamless originally or I made them seamless, so there isn’t any tiling noticeable. The scale of tiling (adjustable in the theme editor) was the hardest to balance for the cliff texture. Large tiles look pretty good from distance, but very blurred when zoomed in. Small tiles look good when zoomed in, but make the texture very repetitive when zoomed out. I went for something in between, so it looks alright in both views, but I’m not perfectly content with it. It’d be best with a huge texture, but that’s not reasonable (and I don’t have any), so it’ll probably have to stay like that. It’s just my opinion, but the default temperate sand is terrible – not only does it glow orange/yellow, but has strange and repetitive alpha.  
      I know the previews aren’t very good, but I’ll make nicer and more descriptive ones for the actual release 

• By Arnold J. Rimmer
      Hey,

after week of learning again and again same simple things i am finally able to make own thing from zero to final stage,
      so i decided create own topic to gather all created stuff..

I am big newbie, so i appreciate every help!

• By Bad Peanut
      Hey guys! so with the hint of a road modding tool in the next DLC arriving, and presuming it's something like Network Extensions let's discuss what roads would be cool to add!

I've looked at the source code of Network Extensions and I've looked at their textures etc so I want to make a start at creating textures for roads. for that i need suggestions! 
      Rules: 
      Use https://streetmix.net/new to visualise your road. I won't even consider ones that are just some random description For roads you want to zone on: use either 16m wide roads or 32m wide roads as those are the two widths that work with zoning. For highways you can use any width lanes for cars, trams, buses etc should be 3m in width. parking should be 2m wide sidewalks should be at least 2m wide (maybe 1.5m at the smallest) and this is for either side of the road, so at least 4m of sidewalk altogether! try and keep in mind that it's not about creating new types of prefabs like MOM, it's for reskinning like we do with Network Skins! Here's some examples of Vanilla Roads visualised in StreetMix
      a 16m Wide Basic Road:

And a 32m Wide Medium Road

You can click on the above links to be taken to a template in streetmix.
      Give me inspiration!
    • By monkeywater
      Hi All,

Is there a good guide anywhere on how to increase rail station capacity using any of the modding tools?

thanks!