6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

hi,

I stated playing Simcity 5 a week ago...

I built several cities during this time and I noticed my tech level of industry is not rising... I had full education system with low/high school, collage, university and library. I even put the universities and collages near my industrial area and it just won't rise. my population was highly educated (even at maximum - five level education) but my industry kept staying at low tech... consequently my incomes went down because nobody attended the low wealth jobs and I don't know what to do....

please help me!!

hagui8

First thing I would do is wait a bit. It usually takes a bit for the game to upgrade your industry :) but if this does not work, do/attempt the following:

- Make sure the roads that contain your industry are on high-density roads or avenues

- If you have any city specializations, they could be affecting your tech level and whatnot

- Make sure your citizens' happiness is high (this can be grown by plopping parks, landmarks, churches, fire departments, police departments, and health buildings)

- Make sure none of the icons you see at the bottom of your screen when playing SimCity are red. If they are, make sure you solve the problems that are causing the icons to turn red.

If these things don't work, then I don't know what to do. I'll be sure to look into it if these things don't work ;)

Best of luck to you!

You have a lot of redundancy in your education system. For starters, a university and a college are never needed in the same city; choose one or the other. Universities give you tech level 3, while a College gives you level 2. Eliminate one or the other. Once you do that, you need to check attendance at your higher education buildings. Elementary schools and high schools do not increase tech. If attendance is low, try closing some of your lower schools to push students into the college/university. Tech generation only occurs when colleges and universities have high attendance.

I found the answer elsewhere but you need to add more dormitories to your university.  That also means that any industrial city has to have a university in it, and cannot rely on another city to provide that education.  Sucks, I know.

"I found the answer elsewhere but you need to add more dormitories to your university" - yup, you should have your University with a good attendance (at least 2000).

" That also means that any industrial city has to have a university in it" - not quite, in my opinion, but a Hightech industrial city is more job class balanced than a Low/Med tech industrial city.

On 2/28/2014 at 4:18 PM, Cob92 said:

You have a lot of redundancy in your education system. For starters, a university and a college are never needed in the same city; choose one or the other. Universities give you tech level 3, while a College gives you level 2. Eliminate one or the other. Once you do that, you need to check attendance at your higher education buildings. Elementary schools and high schools do not increase tech. If attendance is low, try closing some of your lower schools to push students into the college/university. Tech generation only occurs when colleges and universities have high attendance.

Actually, you need both because the community college will upgrade the industry around it to middle tech and mid $$, whereas the university will upgrade industry and residential to high tech/$$. So while I agree it isn't necessarily an imperative to have equal amounts of high and mid wealth residents, the demand bars encourage you to

It is a typical development problem that as people in urban centers become better educated, they demand higher property values--so you end up with mostly mid and high wealth and a dearth of low wealth. I'm kind of OK with that, but it means you have to start another connected city of mostly low wealth and have those Sims commute to work in the unfilled low wealth jobs in your city.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OcramsRzr
      https://nyti.ms/2Fgdcdp

Many tech companies are building campuses near research universities far away from California. It’s no surprise to me because San Francisco has the highest rents in the world and California is prone to natural disasters. Besides economics and weather, the Midwest has more innovation, a lot of unused infrastructure and more moderate and diverse politics. For anyone besides a diehard progressive liberal, San Francisco can look like Hell. Even Amazon is expanding into the Midwest despite Seattle and Bellevue having more construction, lower prices, and better transportation than San Francisco and LA.
      Just to be clear, NY Times has a soft paywall.
    • By EnoRaeFeht
      I've done everything that other people said on previous posts but the tech level is still level 0. I have level 2 intensity on industrial and residential buildings and I have a lot of parks near a lot of houses (the parks are medium wealth). My sims are all happy and don't have anything to complain about, the only thing I don't have is a hospital but I do have a highly upgraded clinic which also gets the job done. 
    • By Cyclone Boom
      Hi everyone!
      With a completely new forum software, it's time for a brand new bugs thread...
      When reporting issues, it always helps to be as descriptive as possible, such as by including the following info:
      A summary of the issue. Screenshots / videos to highlight what's wrong (with annotations if applicable).
      Images are best uploaded to an online image host, and the direct link pasted into the editor.
        Your system info (e.g. browser version / operating system, device type). When the issue started, or how often it can be reproduced. Any error messages shown?
      This can help us to reproduce the problems, and then work on finding solutions.
      Thanks all for your help!

Known bugs and issues can be found below in the following post. We'll work and aim to get these fixed ASAP.
    • By MayorBCL
      Would it be possible to commission someone who knows what they are doing to create a building for me?
      Nothing fancy.  4x4 high rise.  I would like it to employ 10,000 industrial jobs, mainly high tech and manufacturing, no crime or pollution if possible.
      I know this is cheap and a hack, but am interested in it.
      Please advise,
      MayorBCL
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      For those don't know, there are some technical facts about Simtropolis. This list'll be updated as needed.
      User 0 and 1 aren't available. So, the user number starts from #2. User #2 is @admin. I don't know why this user exists and what's the function. However, it was a Board Admin. It isn't active since August 15, 2014. User #3 is @Dirktator obviously. You should know him. User #4 is @rybolton. He's the founding father of the community and a Luminary member. He's not active anymore since June 24, 2014. User #5 is @Dirks-Guest. Maybe, he's affiliated with @Dirktator but I don't know exactly. User #7 and #8 aren't available. Again, user #10 and #12 aren't available. You can't type community.simtropolis.com/profile/n (where n is number) to find someone else account. You should use community.simtropolis.com/profile/n-x (where x is any words like 'unknown' or even username-play words like Screwballz) in order to do so. Thank you.