Sign in to follow this  
tnpf

Canberra, ACT

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Here is my build of the Canberra City Centre in the new Simcity for PC. Canberra is the capital city of Australia and is in the Australian Capital Territory.

It’s not a perfect representation due to the limitations of the game, but it’s essentially accurate. I was surprised with the abilities of the game to represent a city layout (albeit a geometrically planned city). However it is difficult to restrict and acquire correct density and typology of developments. So the result currently is good from afar - but far from good.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By IHA
      Map of Australia.
      Zip contains greyscale, SC4M and config file. All large cities.. Lots of them.
    • By flippityfloo
      Welcome to Hobart, a city of about 200k (in real life) on Tasmania Island, Australia. The River Derwent cuts through the center of the map leaving plenty of building space on either side and lots of opportunities for bridges and tunnels. 
      This map should prove fairly easy to build on, with flat, fertile expanses leading to riverside beach heads, some gentle and some not-so-gentle slopes leading into the mountains rich with ore. Add to that a few spots for oil production and 145,000 trees for forestry, and you'll have industry opportunities galore. Of course, all transport types are connected. 
      I experimented with terrain textures again, and if you like the textures and colors in the map above, here's what you'll need: 
      Terrain Texture Replacer mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416966387&searchtext=terrain+texture 
      Texture Set: http://imgur.com/a/krTtf 
      Photoreal LUT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408932281 

Cheers!
    • By Jonne90
      Let's play on this map of Australia!  Not as big as the real country, but still a fun replica for Cities Skylines.
      There is fertile land, oil and some ore placed around the map. I think it's fun to try making smaller cities around the map, but choose the way you want to play it.
      To be able to play the whole map, you need to have the All Slots unlocked mod .
      Hope everyone likes the map!
      Cheers
      Jonas
      Installation
      Place the .crp file in AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Maps

• By blueearthspam
      Australian Speed Limit Signs - Right Hand Drive
      These are speed limit signs that are typically found in Australia. They're a white sign, with a red circle on it containing the speed limit in kilometres per hour. In this sign pack I have included:
      40km/h 50km/h Ahead 50km/h 60km/h Ahead 60km/h 70km/h Ahead 70km/h 80km/h 90km/h 100km/h 110km/h 130km/h The speed limit ahead signs are based off those formerly found in New South Wales.

Installation Instructions
      Unzip the file and place the unzipped files inside your SimCity 4 Plugins folder.

You will find these signs in your Parks menu.

This lot has no dependencies.
    • By Nilo7
      Hi Simtropolis, remember me?

Two uploads in 24 hours is a new record for me, and today, I'm bringing you another GLR/tram reskin that can add some brightness to your cities!

Presenting...

Melbourne D2 Tram

Model by: vester_dk (Special thanks to vester for his 3D model!!)
      Design by: Nilo7
      Testing by: Nilo7
      Requested by: __a (Mystic_destiny)

Background: This tram is based in Melbourne, Australia and is the of the D-Class of trams, also known as a “Combino.” The trams are built by Siemens.

To install: Install the .dat file into My Documents → SimCity 4 → Plugins.

To uninstall: Remove the file from the Plugins folder.

Renderings:
      256x256 – Standard definition

This model replaces the default in-game tram/light rail.

Questions, comments, or concerns? Send a private message to me, Nilo7, on www.simtropolis.com by clicking here and logging in.

Thanks for viewing, rating, commenting, and downloading!

-Nilo7  8)