Sign in to follow this  
oldbrokenlink

SimCity Hack Lets Users Destroy Anyone's Online City

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

Do something! Do anything! STOP THE EVIL MODERS!

(or so the crowd goes)

Noticed how  moders = hackers around various sites lately, twist it a bit and it is the same thing, but one word is much more negatively loaded

• Original Poster
  • no its not evil modders, what they are exposing is stuff maxis put in on purpose!

wait just read this from EA CEO about soon to come SimCity ingame store and you will understand that its all about the microtransactions that are coming  (think sims 3 store)

imCity 5 DLC Store to Include Nuke Neighbor, Remove In-Game Ad Paid Items

http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1240

"in-game SimCity Store which includes free and paid DLC. EA CEO John Riccitiello has announced two paid items for the store: one to nuke your neighbor and another to remove the in-game ads."

“We will allow players, for a small fee of 9.99, to remove these in-game advertisements from their SimCity. "

“If you’ve been attacked, maybe you feel like exacting revenge so you pay a few dollars to nuke your neighbor,” he continues, “Maybe you might want to forge a treaty between you and your neighbor, which will be a future paid DLC item, to avoid nuclear war. It brings a new level of interactivity to SimCity.”

http://i.imgur.com/25L9AZ3.jpg

Yeah as I said before in another post.....causing problems on neighbors is by design and was introduced on purpose. Maxis announced this in one of their early articles last year. They think this sort of thing is fun.

no its not evil modders, what they are exposing is stuff maxis put in on purpose!

wait just read this from EA CEO about soon to come SimCity ingame store and you will understand that its all about the microtransactions that are coming  (think sims 3 store)

"in-game SimCity Store which includes free and paid DLC. EA CEO John Riccitiello has announced two paid items for the store: one to nuke your neighbor and another to remove the in-game ads."

“We will allow players, for a small fee of 9.99, to remove these in-game advertisements from their SimCity. "

“If you’ve been attacked, maybe you feel like exacting revenge so you pay a few dollars to nuke your neighbor,” he continues, “Maybe you might want to forge a treaty between you and your neighbor, which will be a future paid DLC item, to avoid nuclear war. It brings a new level of interactivity to SimCity.”

I do believe that is a satire site.  Not that I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that mind.

The guy who destroyed the other city did it while OFF LINE on DEBUG MODE in his own instance. 

He even said that the city COULD NOT be synced. Like his city didn't got sync, nor all the modifications he did on the region map. 

And the more all these crap are recycled and exaggerated, the more I do NOT want Maxis/EA to come by with any option to lessen their DRM hold. 

• Original Poster
  • The guy who destroyed the other city did it while OFF LINE on DEBUG MODE in his own instance. 

He even said that the city COULD NOT be synced. Like his city didn't got sync, nor all the modifications he did on the region map. 

And the more all these crap are recycled and exaggerated, the more I do NOT want Maxis/EA to come by with any option to lessen their DRM hold. 

yes it could be saved he specifically dis not enable syncing of the data

the code he did not write. the code maxis put in this and other stuff that we have been seeing like store are already in there for soon to come store and dlcs.

its all there, just look at the source files that are in the pack files.

if he wants to sync all he has to do is call the very function that the timer calls every 20 minutes. if u dont want to unpack it then google the source code, its online and then look for save its there easy to call. the problem is they have it all exposed and while this guy may not going  to destroy your city others will either by modding it or eventually by getting a dlc maxis plans to sell you! they even plan to sell you way to stop it. just read what CEO of EA said in interview its all real and it why that code is there.

ttp://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1a9nzy/visit_any_players_city_and_improve_or_destroy_it/

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1ae2vs/in_case_anyone_is_still_in_denial_about_a/

I can't believe these top level guys could be so clueless.  I do not want someone to destroy my city which I spent tens of hours working on!  I do not want someone else to "improve" my city which I built for ME and my tastes.  This isn't like Starcraft where you click on a location and stuff gets built within minutes so it's no big deal if someone else destroys it.  Cities take a lot of work and planning to make, what are they thinking?

Perhaps that's another reason for the shallow gameplay and simplified nature of SimCity2013.  Why bother modding complex traffic and agent behavior when someone is going to destroy the city pretty soon anyway?  

• Original Poster
  • I can't believe these top level guys could be so clueless.  I do not want someone to destroy my city which I spent tens of hours working on!  I do not want someone else to "improve" my city which I built for ME and my tastes.  This isn't like Starcraft where you click on a location and stuff gets built within minutes so it's no big deal if someone else destroys it.  Cities take a lot of work and planning to make, what are they thinking?

Perhaps that's another reason for the shallow gameplay and simplified nature of SimCity2013.  Why bother modding complex traffic and agent behavior when someone is going to destroy the city pretty soon anyway?  

actually they know that, and they know they got u and u will be paying for the ingame store item to protect you from such destructions.

would be devilish of them if they made it for n hours, days, uses!

with these folks its turning out to be pay to win and get them for the most amount of money doing the least amount of work, ride the hype machine, abuse the long time fans, ect.

they did it with bf series with the unlocks you paid $30 to unlock early. ive so far paid like over $100 for that game and i dont want to talk about the sims 3, thank god for steam 66% off sales. plus the ingame store for sims 3 can make u broke

with these people its not just that it used to be you bought the game and could play it forever more. now its about microtransaction and reoccuring charges. so you buy the game and you will pay each day to play it. they will find ways, i mean you are not going to work on a city for hours and let them destory it, wouldnt u play $1 or more for that.

google the EA CEO interview of what they will be up to. its there i think it whas shareholder meeting interview

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/ea-ruffles-feathers-visions-microtransaction-future-192443602.html

no its not evil modders, what they are exposing is stuff maxis put in on purpose!

What a _________ of a CEO. :noway:

Interesting approach to narrative control isn't it? Calling it a hack while it really is a mere modification in manners explicitly allowed by Maxis while EA has suddenly again kneejerked because modding is capable of enabling offline play, local save, bypassing Origin authentication and so forth. Without even stating rules they are disallowing modding discussion on their forums, without clarifications on any difference between modding and their perception of when modding becomes hacking.

Very interesting.

What a _________ of a CEO. :noway:

That is a spoof site, do not take it as fact. 

Taken from that article. 

"Will Wright, creator of the SimCity series, has commented on these developments saying, “Hopefully this can make up for some of the money lost from Spore.” "

Lets be realistic Will Wright is very unlikely to have say that openly. 

I dislike a lot of things Riccitiello says but lets concentrate on facts and not get the pitch forks out for made up quotes.