Sign in to follow this  
idcaf

Nostalgia attack - empty plugin folder - anyone up for sharing it?

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi.

It's been long since I've last played SC4. Its still sadly the only thing that would cut it for me. CXL works too slow, Cryengine 3 requires millions of hours of work to get anything proper.

So I've installed SC4:deluxe again, the problem is, time is a bit limited and my plugin folder is empty.

SO I was thinking if anyone of you would be so helpful, to put his folder on some filesharing site to share it with me.

I would be really happy if your plugin folder has the essentials, such as Network addon mod and on-road-bus stations.

The folder doesn't have to be enormous! Under 2 GB would be necessary, to work OK on my PC.

Thanks for reading, I hope someone voluenteers. Thank you very much :}

Edited by CaptCity  

Removed link.

Sharing plugins folders is heavily frowned upon by the SC4 fansite community, and I believe it's against the site rules here. The creators of those plugins have copyrights over them and EULAs that do not permit unauthorized redistribution. Additionally, should someone sharing their plugins have misinstalled some of them, creating in-game bugs, it becomes extremely difficult to diagnose the problem, as you don't really know what's in there. Plugins folders also tend to be very personal things, built upon an individual player's tastes.

It's not that difficult to pick up the NAM and RTMT content from a legitimate source (e.g. the STEX or LEX), and there's a number of building and lot sets around that aren't terribly prohibitive timewise to install.

-Tarkus

Why taking a ready plugins folder, when you can make your own one?

Well, i'm with Tarkus ...

Really, You can create a thread named " Help me with a Plugins things " and I think - thousands of us help You ...

Edited by Silur  

First, it is contrary to site policy to share plugins without the permission of the author(s). Then, what's the point of using something that's customized for the taste of someone else?

The STEX isn't going away any time soon, nor are the LEX nor the PLEX nor any of the other exchanges people seem to find. Of course you could always make an appropriate donation to the site. Last time I did that, no strings attached, I got four (4) unexpected discs in the mail.

Since you haven't played in a while, let me suggest that you start your learning curve with the NAM and RTMT. New stuff since you've played last will keep you entertained on the learning curve for quite a while.

After that you could add some of the NAM dependents: SAM, RHW, NWM, several others. Then branch out and get the SPAM or the farm stuff off BSC. Lots to do, and no need to rush.

Edited by A Nonny Moose  

I agree with A Nonny Moose that you will get a huge amount of custom stuff for a small donation that also will help to keep

this site up for many newcomers & returnees (like me)

I echo the sentiment about sharing entire plug-in folders, but I do see where the Original Poster is coming from. The few times I decided to do a "reset" of my entire game, the process of going back and re-downloading everything is m*u*r*d*e*r. Last time, I spent easily several hours a day for over a week downloading and installing.

I would recommend that you first start off with a list of common basics such as NAM, NWM, RHW, etc. There are several threads on this site that already list what the "basics" are if you need a reference. Then, I would move to downloading civic/utility/infrastructure items (power plants, hospitals, police, schools, etc). Lastly, I would delve into downloading residential, commercial, and industrial items.

I personally organize my plugins by category and I keep a personal back-up copy of the folder. This way, if I decide to "reset" my plugins again, I wont have to spend all the time sifting thru websites.

Edit: Your link for DepositFiles takes us to a close-up shot of some woman's feet. Yuck.

Edited by AIX