Sign in to follow this  
DICK60

Cities in motion

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guys, the there is a Open Beta 9.gif

Open Beta is begins for ‘Cities in Motion’– sign up today!

Become part of the greatest urban public transportation system in the world

Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order Ltd have today announced the start of the Open Beta for Cities in Motion, a mass transportation simulator set across four European cities and due for release on PC in Q1 2011. Developed by Colossal Order Ltd, Cities in Motion sees players develop and operate their own public transport company building a travel network across Vienna, Berlin, Helsinki and Amsterdam using more than 30 different modes of transport including buses, trams, subway trains and water buses. As each city develops and grows the player must continue to meet the ever changing transport needs of its commuters, while at the same time ensuring it remains as profitable as possible.

The Open Beta version of Cities in Motion includes the city of Vienna in sandbox mode along with one scenario – ‘Part with Petrol’. The Beta will run until 20th February 2011.

Featuring an in-depth campaign mode made up of 12 scenarios along with an open ended sandbox mode, an advanced map editor that allows players to create their own cities, plus much more, Cities in Motion will challenge players to create the perfect public transport system that has no cancellations, no delays and where the passengers are always happy!

Having played for the best part of three hours I can say the game is very good, it's a little confusing at first and the imprecise tutorial doesn't help, but the spectacular Graphics and micro-management gameplay really made me like this. I made a small Metro in Vienna, shame you can't save. Still I recommend downloading it, you don't even have to sign up 

This appears to be a title I'll most definitely purchase, based upon my experience playing the beta.  There are a few nuiances, which i suppose are expected ( such as people lining up 100+ deep at my tram stops despite charging 19.00 for the service ( which I find extremely odd )). 

The graphics are superb, and the ability to micro-manage is a plus.      

When the full version of Cities in Motion comes out, I will buy it and build a city in the advanced map editor which is a replica of Los Angeles but the freeway system, street system and, railroad system may not be accurate as the real world. So as the terrain and the coastline may not be accurate as the real world. Also, I would have to find some Los Angeles landmarks for my replicated city of Los Angeles. When that city is finished, I will add public transportation systems in the city. It is good that it has overhead power lines in this 3D city building game.

Cities in motion is a pretty good game.

You guy's have to click the link since the image doesn't let me post Steam screenshots.

Here's a tram-bus transfer station in Vienna.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595806845327387070/11AE30A51AAD5ABBF3958B938D1EA4EB9E0FC302/

Here's an elevated rail train departing one of Berlin's airports heading for downtown. There's a bus station under the elr station.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595806845385048364/5F347F0F50A649795106530122892837182C6779/

Wow, looks very good :O Is it a cd or downloadable on steam?

Both, I think. I got it on Steam and on the official forums people talk about their being a non-Steam version. Whether this is CD or not I'm not sure.

Both, I think. I got it on Steam and on the official forums people talk about their being a non-Steam version. Whether this is CD or not I'm not sure.

Okay :D I'm going to take a lok at the demo and then maybe I buy it :)

The CD version is also Steam. If you don't want Steam or you want DRM free. I would recommend D2D or Gamersgate. No activations or internet required.