Boggy1

The Simtropolis Closet Thread - deux!

1,951 posts in this topic Last Reply

Originally posted by: Duke87

I merely speak from my own observational experience. Men typically have trouble distinguishing between "cute" and "sexy" as it is, and cat people can really blur the line between the two in addition to that. A man won't be too able to look at them as just "cute" without the sexual attraction aspect coming in. Ergo, if a man likes them, he on some level is sexually attracted to them.

Women, on the other hand, can and will see people/things as "cute" in a non-sexual way far more readily than men and so this logic doesn't work with them.quote>

I see what you are saying, at least in terms of human beings.   I start getting a short circuit in my brain when it comes to applying this logic to animals.  My neighbor has a new puppy that is cute; it's downright adorable and I could cuddle it all day.  but that has nothing to do with sexual attraction.

Originally posted by: Rymac91

Has the digit ratio theory been discussed here yet?  quote>

Not that I recall.  Last I heard, it was an empircial observation with no coherent theory behind it.

Originally posted by: Meg

I see what you are saying, at least in terms of human beings.   I start getting a short circuit in my brain when it comes to applying this logic to animals.  My neighbor has a new puppy that is cute; it's downright adorable and I could cuddle it all day.  but that has nothing to do with sexual attraction.quote>

But see, that's just it. Women will readily look at puppies, kittens, teddy bears, etc. as cute. Men won't do so to nearly as much of a degree. There are other factors which contribute to this but part of it is that for most men a desire to cuddle and a desire to engage in sexual activity are not entirely separable from each other. The man doesn't find the puppy sexually attractive, so he doesn't find it cute, either.

Obviously this isn't universal, but I do get the sense that the fact that I'm a guy and I'm quite capable of seeing things as cute in a non-sexual way is rather unusual. It's one of a few personality traits of mine which is more typically feminine. Just because I'm strange like that.

Oh, and astro, you're being too rigid with your definition. Lanaguage is flexible. 49.gif

Oh, and astro, you're being too rigid with your definition. Lanaguage is flexible.quote>

Usage may be the final arbiter, but I still say bah!

And I can see things as cute in a non-sexual way. Although I wouldn't say I ever posessed many stereotypically masculine traits.

Hmm well i definately have to say that i personally see things more as 'cute' than i see them as 'sexy' I am straight and i am a guy but ive always had girls as freinds. You could say i was (and still am) kind of a 'ladies man' *uses needle to deinflate head* But ive always just been more interested in girl conversations. I personally see many of the guys around me as immature and stupid, so ive always connected with girls more. Plus i love solving girls' problems for them 4.gif I do have many gay and bi freinds and my first girlfreind was bi, yet even though ive wondered about it, ive never been able to see myself as a bi person. You could say that well...(first time ive ever said this to anyone ever) i am a lesbian girl trapped in a guy's body. I love being with the girls, but i enjoy only girls. Anyway i guess a picture of the gf is in order3.gif

0311091501.jpg

Been dating a year and 9 months, currently paying for an engagement ring that i will give to her (hopefully) in april. Both of us are very like minded and you could kind of say she feels the same way i do 4.gif

Aww, did I miss a kitty discussion?

I guess I just find people cuter with cat ears and tails and stuff. And I don't see cute in a sexual way. Don't ask me to decribe it, I can't. Sexual attraction to kitty people? That's for me to know and you to...um...guess? Find out? Ask privately? Let's go with that one! 3.gif

I guess I'm more feminine with the whole cute thing thing then, I see so many things I think are just cute, but don't have any kind of sexual feelings towards them.

Z77, aww! You two look so cute together! Best of luck!

Well, my closet just became that little bit camper, with the addition of one pink and one lilac T-shirt. They should go fabulously with my two pairs of black jeans and my beige cargo pants.

It also became slightly nerdier with the addition of an astroboy shirt, but it was already that way. Nothing out-geeks a shirt with 12 laws of physics (11 if you don't include the rephrased one) on it from NASA's Kennedy Space Centre.

Originally posted by: astronelson

Nothing out-geeks a shirt with 12 laws of physics (11 if you don't include the rephrased one) on it from NASA's Kennedy Space Centre.quote>

Ooh. Do want. Picture?

Well, my closet just became that little bit camper, with the addition of one pink and one lilac T-shirt. They should go fabulously with my two pairs of black jeans and my beige cargo pants.quote>

Pink shirt? Black jeans? Do want more!!

Originally posted by: Duke87

Nothing out-geeks a shirt with 12 laws of physics (11 if you don't include the rephrased one) on it from NASA's Kennedy Space Centre.quote>

Ooh. Do want. Picture?

quote>

Since my camera needs new batteries, I've lost my camera-computer cable, and this computer doen't have a SD card port, I'll have to give you a link to the NASA store. It has pictures.

And here's the shirt in question!

And now onto the pants question. They're thick cotton with 6 pockets. I'm not quite sure if this qualifies as cargo pants, but it seems to be in keeping with the general definition of them. I don't usually wear them, I'm more of a boardshorts person, but sometimes it gets cold or I want to dress slightly more formally.

Chptrk: So do I, I'm buying more pastel shirts. No pics yet, but maybe someday...

Shadow_Assassin: I don't hike. Too much nature...

Duke 87: Either way, if it means I can transfer more weight from my bags to myself and reduce the weight of my carry-on luggage...

pagenotfound: Was that double entendre intended? 3.gif

And finally...

Should I start the Simtropolis Wardrobe? There seems to be rather a lot of discussion of clothes for one closet. 3.gif

if it means I can transfer more weight from my bags to myself and reduce the weight of my carry-on luggage...quote>

Better make sure you've got a good belt on.

Otherwise you'll have a wardrobe malfunction because you shoved too much crap into your pockets.

I do say, i rather like my near all black low cut converse shoes that i got the other day, do go well with my black jeans.

For the main business of this thread i will say im "confused", meaning that im not exactly sure where i "fit in" ( bad use of terms 3.gif) Im still trying to figure that out.

TY SA ( to the post below)

Frickin' kids these days. I love my cargo pants... whether it be the beige or the camo's. But I have to carry many things throughout the course of the day, and spend a lot of time behind the wheel. Cargo pockets make reaching for things much easier when you are buckled in a seat belt. It's all about utility with me. I stopped trying to dress like a Dapper Dan Man when I left much of my own vanity in the dust. Getting older will do that to a person.

I bet you all have long shaggy hair cuts too, don't you, you cargo pant haters! 3.gif 

Anyway, to get on topic...

Z77: You guys look very happy! I wish you the best of luck.

Deathtoall: Best of luck to you as well, nobody can figure it out for you, so just take your time and have patience.

Shadow_Assassin: Oh, she totally knows!

Oh, and just so you know there's one more person out there mucking up the curve... I love my kitty and find her adorably cute, but have no sexual attraction to her. But as far as your theory goes, Duke, men may have a difficult time distinguishing between what they want to cuddle with and what they want to impregnate, but I think as many men get older they find the ability to either ignore sexual feelings arising from (what should be) non-sexual beings, or supress them. 

• Original Poster
  • And..I celebrated my two year anniversary with Neil last weekend. We went on a little weekend break to London. Was absolutely lovely; even if I did spend a good

Boggy1: Congratulations, again. You and Neil could make anyone long for a boyfriend, lol.

When it comes to my orientation - I've only fallen in love with guys, and been sexually attracted to boys, but I have some really masculine sides, at the same time I love pink, Twilight and pretty dresses, so there's no doubt I'm a girl. xD But, what I think is that I'm not sure if orientation is something set - I've never fallen in love with a woman - yet, but who's to say it won't happen sooner or later? Maybe I'll suddenly fall in love with a woman, even though I've never had any feelings for a woman this far. Who can tell, right...

Z77: Haha, how ironic; I think guys are easier to be around in a lot of cases, so I really like hanging out with them 4.gif Although I have more female friends.

And I agree with whoever said it, beige cargo pants isnt exactly SEXY.

Yeah, gay clubs are a blast. I'm not familiar with Mr. May's work, but don't take my comment to seriously. I don't blame anyone for not liking a certain type of attire. PLus my hair is getting pretty long again here too.

Wow. Many of you have stuck together for a long time. My girlfriend and I are approaching 6 years together. Plans to get married are kind of on the back burner at the moment. Right now we are trying to get a place of our own (We live with a roommate with a drastically different lifestyle) and then get a second car. All the time in the world right?

I'm not familiar with Mr. May's work, but don't take my comment to seriously.quote>

James May is one of the three hosts of Top Gear. The other two presenters often make side jokes about his attire, and his eccentricities.

And I wasn't taking it too seriously. 3.gif

Hello Everyone ,

I just thought I would poke around the closet and might even talk about
    a few things . A few months ago things really started to change . Well to make this long winded story even shorter I finally have realised that I'm not exactley Straight which was a long road I've been dealing with . Nor do I feel exclusivley Gay . I am coming out as Bi and still yet confused but finally happy to say it . Well...Before I tell anyone in my family or community you can bet I better be across the sea for reasons I probably don't have to explain So on a lighter note is there enough shoes for one more closeteer? I'm asking WrightGuy but anyone may respond 3.gif.

- DOY -

Welcome to the madhouse!  3.gif

Feel free to share whatever you may be thinking or feeling here.  We're not a big happy family, exactly, but we do what we can.  4.gif

ISF