Boggy1

The Simtropolis Closet Thread - deux!

1,951 posts in this topic Last Reply

Zelgadis and anyone else interested... My pride pictures for Minneapolis are on my blog 4.gif. Feel free to look at it.

I personally felt weird taking pics of Pride at the Saloon Block Party and most of the party after the Parade at Loring Park, especially since most would have required heavy editing or a stern talking to by the staff. But the blog has pics of the Parade.

Originally posted by: Boggy1

Ahaha, uerm, okay Zel, from your pictures; that's the reason I don't want to go to a gay pride event. 3.gifquote>

Well, naturally different people have different opinions about such things.  I know other gay people who feel the same as you do.

Me on the other hand...  Personally I feel that far too much in history sexuality, gay and straight, has been swept under the rug and treated as something dirty.  Forbidden.  Disgusting.  Frankly, I feel that's not healthy for society or individuals.  The concept of "free love" in the 60's probably went too far in the other direction, treating sex and sexuality as just something to do.  Nah, I don't agree with that either.  It should be celebrated and cherished as a beautiful part of the experience of being human.  A celebration of the uniquely human way of expressing sexuality.  Now that's something I can support!

Also; me and Neil celebrated our 20th month anniversary a few days ago. 4.gifquote>

Congratulations!  9.gif

Confused:  I did see your blog post on the subject, though I haven't commented on it yet.  I didn't have the time when I was looking at it originally, but I'll take another peek later on.  2.gif

ISF

Originally posted by: abcvs

Are we allowed to say lolwut in here?quote>

If you want. Just be sure to use it sparingly, and only when appropriate.

Who cares they are dressed as Romans instead of Trojans, Zel? I care! This type of shameless historical inaccuracy frankly disgusts me. Sure, now it might be a simple swapping of two similar looking historical civilizations, but soon, there will be people who choose to poison the minds of children with such smut as denials of the moon landing, the victory of Wellington over Napoleon at Waterloo, and the presidency of William Henry Harrison! Who knows where this slippery slope will end? Simtropolitans for historical accuracy!

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

Originally posted by: astronelson

Who cares they are dressed as Romans instead of Trojans, Zel? I care! This type of shameless historical inaccuracy frankly disgusts me. Sure, now it might be a simple swapping of two similar looking historical civilizations, but soon, there will be people who choose to poison the minds of children with such smut as denials of the moon landing, the victory of Wellington over Napoleon at Waterloo, and the presidency of William Henry Harrison! Who knows where this slippery slope will end? Simtropolitans for historical accuracy!quote>

Now I know how George Washington felt when he was defeated by Napoleon at Pearl Harbor.

Well, while not Gay, I guess I do have an attraction to Transsexuals.

The Not-entirely a woman kind.

Maybe it's just some experimental thing or something, I dunno.

That newly discovered intrest aside, I guess you could classify me as Asexual at the moment.

I'm just equally uninterested in either gender at the moment.

I did not realize that there were so many gays on Simtropolis! I mean, Im not saying that in a bad way, I just never realized it. While I do feel that being strait is better, I do keep an open mind about these issues and I do support people being able to choose their sexual orientation. It is their descision, and while I do not completely agree with it, it is up to them to do what they want and have their own views. This is why I also consider myself to be a Liberal-Conservative Democrat, not exactly right-wing, yet more leaning toward the left.

Boggy1: I hope your relationship works out for you and Niel!

Originally posted by: thepokemaniac

I did not realize that there were so many gays on Simtropolis! I mean, Im not saying that in a bad way, I just never realized it. While I do feel that being strait is better, I do keep an open mind about these issues and I do support people being able to choose their sexual orientation. It is their descision, and while I do not completely agree with it, it is up to them to do what they want and have their own views. This is why I also consider myself to be a Liberal-Conservative Democrat, not exactly right-wing, yet more leaning toward the left.

Boggy1: I hope your relationship works out for you and Niel!quote>

Although I'm sure you're well intentioned, I myself disagree with two things you said, but I do realize its your opinion but I just want to make a short comment.

A) I don't really think any sexual orientation is better than other... just like a preference for movies or dog breeds is no better or worse than the next (albeit, poor comparision) 

B ) I think the vast majority of homosexuals would say they didn't "choose" to be gay. Sure its nice to accept what people choose to do with their lives, but in all the cases I know, and I know quite a few gays, I do not think ANY of them chose to be gay. Sexual orientation isn't a choice, no more so than your ethnic heritage. Its just who you are. 

Of course this is just nitpicking, any support is welcomed in the gay community I'm sure, but just two points that I think most homosexuals would disagree with.

I think it's are disgusting. Walking around with temporary tattoos of corporate logos all over their bodies. FOR SHAME!

If you are scared of the drag queens and floats, you can always check out a small town pride event. They have kettle corn!!

Originally posted by: confused04

Originally posted by: thepokemaniac

Boggy1: I hope your relationship works out for you and Niel!quote>

Although I'm sure you're well intentioned, I myself disagree with two things you said, but I do realize its your opinion but I just want to make a short comment.

A) I don't really think any sexual orientation is better than other... just like a preference for movies or dog breeds is no better or worse than the next (albeit, poor comparision) 

B ) I think the vast majority of homosexuals would say they didn't "choose" to be gay. Sure its nice to accept what people choose to do with their lives, but in all the cases I know, and I know quite a few gays, I do not think ANY of them chose to be gay. Sexual orientation isn't a choice, no more so than your ethnic heritage. Its just who you are. 

Of course this is just nitpicking, any support is welcomed in the gay community I'm sure, but just two points that I think most homosexuals would disagree with.

quote>

I see what you are saying, and I completely agree with that! Thats what I was trying to say, but maybe I didn't communicate it well. Thank you for correcting it for me!

I don't really think any sexual orientation is better than other...quote>

Depends, sexual orientation isn't the whole picture. You also need sexual coordinates to fully know someone's situation. Then you can start making judgments.

Yeah, shoot me for that.

Originally posted by: Duke87

Depends, sexual orientation isn't the whole picture. You also need sexual coordinates to fully know someone's situation. Then you can start making judgments.

Yeah, shoot me for that.

quote>

I was speaking in general. I don't think any sexual orientation is inherently better than the next. And the point of my comment was that there shouldn't be any judgements at all, that is the main issue. 

Originally posted by: Duke87

Yeah, shoot me for that.

quote>

I was speaking in general. I don't think any sexual orientation is inherently better than the next. And the point of my comment was that there shouldn't be any judgements at all, that is the main issue. 

quote>

If I read it right, Duke is just making an obscure pun about orienteering. 2.gif  A totally different subject.

Originally posted by: SkiGeek

If I read it right, Duke is just making an obscure pun about orienteering.   A totally different subject.quote>

Indeed.

I make a mention of "sexual coordinates", which is not something that does not actually exist. I put, in small text "yeah, shoot me for that."

2 + 2 = ..... awesomej.gif

Oh, I just didn't get it...

*gestures hand wooshing over head*

Edit: Oh, i didn't realize there was any text after the first sentence. I just assumed it was another signature I didn't want to read 3.gif

Although, one could come up with a planar system to give co-ordinates relating to sexual orientation...

If we place intensity of attraction to members of the opposite sex along the x-axis, and intensity of attraction to members of the same sex along the y-axis, and have both range from -10(complete revulsion) through 0(no feelings either way) to 10(complete attraction), not only would it include homosexuality(x< or =0, y>0), heterosexuality(y< or =0, x>0) and bisexuality(x>0, y>0), but also asexuality(0,0), which is left out of the 1-dimensional Kinsey scale (although I have seen X used). It could possibly include sociopathy (which would be x<0, y<0), though that may be overly Freudian. One could then convert these cartesian points to polar co-ordinates, which would give sexual orientation as an actual direction.

Of course, this is completely arbitrary, and possibly completely wrong. I think it is an interesting idea, though.

I was thinking more like the x-axis being the attraction to either sex (-10 being "straight" and 10 being "gay" or vice versa) and y-axis being situational ability to express feelings (number of homosexual people, general acceptance in the community etc)

Originally posted by: s.i.X

Stop complicating things! quote>

Complication... or refinement?

And confused, I think that system may describe a different thing entirely. My system has attraction to same and opposite sex as independant variables, whereas yours has them as two aspects of the same thing: attraction to the same sex must decrease with increasing attraction to the opposite sex. With mine, someone could be on (1,10) and another on (1,0). They would both have the same attraction to people of the opposite sex, but the first is predominantly attracted to members of the same sex whereas the seond is completely straight.

Originally posted by: s.i.X

Stop complicating things! %7Boption%7Dquote>

Complication... or refinement?

And confused, I think that system may describe a different thing entirely. My system has attraction to same and opposite sex as independant variables, whereas yours has them as two aspects of the same thing: attraction to the same sex must decrease with increasing attraction to the opposite sex. With mine, someone could be on (1,10) and another on (1,0). They would both have the same attraction to people of the opposite sex, but the first is predominantly attracted to members of the same sex whereas the seond is completely straight.

quote>

I was just referring to a coordinate system that would explain how one sexual orientation is "better" as was previously discussed. Your system, although logical, doesnt discuss how an orientation is "better" or "worse" as everything remains subjective at all cooridnates.

I was going to presume that an orientation is better or worse based on ones ability to express this sexuality safely.  So it would be sexual attraction on one axis and the ability to express it on the other. So lets say we have 4 people...

A- Straight, straight community 

b- gay, straight community

c- straight, gay community

d- gay, gay community

These are of course going to be taken to their most absurd bounds, but just for the sake of explaining my sexual orientation coordinates regarding how an orientation could be "better". 

A) This persons coordinates would be 10 (straight) and 10 (accepted). I.e. He has no issues finding someone he's attracted to AND is not ridiculed.

B) This person is a -10 (gay) and we'll say this is a very hostile straight community (-10). I.e. he cannot find someone they are attracted to or is not accepted.

C) Person would be a 10 (straight), -10 (not accepted). This is a highly unlikely scenario but for the sake of this system, it could be possible a gay community doesn't appreciate straight people, or more likely that a straight person will not find anyone he can date. 

D). This person would be -10,-10 (gay, gay friendly community). This person has found a GLBT enclave and can be happy.

So basically, quadrants 1 and 3 are the better than 2 and 4. Sexual coordinates, since they did not exist previous to this conversation, need not remain just in the sexuality realm. My system proposes an almost sexuality-sociogeographic system which could create a "better or worse" orientation for the given circumstances.

Crikey!   A discussion...   about gay stuff.  Where did that come from?

Oh and Astro for goodness sake get your butt out of the closet and go make a move already.

We just can't throw this thing together at the last minute...  so I am going to tell you what we are going to do...  you are going to get me the battle plan, whatever it is, so we can go through it step by step so there are no foul ups.    The whites of Sarah's eyes are starting to look pretty big in the window.   6.gif

(Yeah yeah ... apollo-gies to Jim Lovell...)

Actually, on sexual orientation and coordinates, I was thinking more of normal orientation and coordinates with gender attatched. For example:

Male 38°17'21" N 101°24'54" W azimuth 211°48'34"

Female 38°17'20" N 101°24'55" W azimuth 31°48'34"

(in case you didn't notice, these two people are somewhat facing each other from about 120 feet away)

And now we start to see where some can be decidedly better than others. Especially if, for instance, the gender is male but the coordinates and orientation put you in a ladies' locker room.

....okay, I think the joke's officially dead now. 21.gif

all I know is that I'm a man, i like men, I want to be with another man at some point in my life, no reason that should be so complicated. there you have it, simple, clean statement of fact 9.gif

Duke: They're standing in the middle of a field in Wichita, Kansas. The field is on the east side of country road H, second one north from country road DD. Not a ladies' locker room in sight...

And yes, I do have way too much time on my hands.

They're standing in the middle of a field in Wichita, Kansas. The field is on the east side of country road H, second one north from country road DD.quote>

Nowhere near Wichita, but otherwise, yes.

Okay, so I just picked out numbers somewhat randomly. Knew it was somewhere in the contintental interior. Though, if they're in a field, that's rather appropriate, then. Surrounded by wheat under a blue sky, wind's blowing, two lovers run into each others' arms...

Not a ladies' locker room in sight...quote>

No, but they do exist and so there are coordinates for them.

Coordinates hmm...

Sector f6 is looking pretty darn hot around about now.  

Cha cha cha!

Oh,  and can I play my Abackwardsb.pngBA vinyls in here?   Vinyl is so...  sensual.