• Pedjica
    Pedjica

TheoTown - A city-building game app for Android

I found this very interesting city builder on Google Play, and think it is worth mentioning here to my fellow Simtropians. :D

After some time playing the game I must say that it is really good and I recommend it to everyone. It is still in alpha phase, but is updated very often, with each update bringing new stuff like buildings, interface updates and mechanics updates. Also, TheoTown looks a lot like SimCity 2000.

You can build zones (RCI), provide your citizens with water, power, education, healthcare etc. There is a lot of attention to detail, like showing pollution in your industrial zones, sparkling of the water, smoke from the chimney and more! :ooh:

You can download the app on your smartphone and tablet here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown

And this is the official site (unfortunately for some, it is in German): http://www.theotown.de/forum/portal.php

This is what the description says:

Do you want to build your own city? In TheoTown you can watch your own city growing. Declare zones for residential, commercial or industrial buildings and build road to connect them. Make your city more attractive by building parks, schools and so on.

This city building game is currently in alpha phase, so some features are still missing. Nonetheless, one can already have a lot of fun in it. Sounds funny? Then you may give it a try!

Here are some images of the game:theotown-ab7800-h900.jpgtheotown-5622be-h900.jpgtheotown-ef7cff-h900.jpg

User Feedback

Basicly this is one of the greatest simulation building city games ever even in 1 thousand downloads the developer does not give up in updating it i downloaded it when it was in its 5ft day i saw a comment saying he wishes that this game can go to simtropolis and it did i love this game and i recommend it to everyone

Share this comment

This looks very much like Simutrans. I would not be surprised if the graphics came from Simutrans. However, the gameplay seems very different.

--Ocram

Share this comment

Hello together,
    the graphics are not from Simutrans. I know it, because i made most of them for TheoTown ;)

I love the pixel style of the old games "Transport Tycoon" and "SimCity 2000".

My first buildings had the scale of the buildings in SC2000, but now i prefer a slightly bigger scale like in TransportTycoon.
    This is the reason why the houses in TheoTown sometimes have different styles.

We hope that we can replace the smaller buildings when we have created enough buildings in the "new style".

Attached you can see some of the houses which will be integrated in one of the next versions of TheoTown.

I hope you like the style

Regards

TheoTheoderich

2_20150704_3x_stadthaus3_1x1_2.png

2_20150704_3x_stadthaus2_1x1_3.png

Share this comment

Here is another new Building for TheoTown :)

You will get it with one of the next updates.

First I show you the Placeholder, then you can see the final new building.

3x_2x2_Wohnhaus2_alt.png

3x_2x2_Wohnhaus2.png

Share this comment

Being an old school SimCity fan, I love this game. Great for the train commute. I find it can be hard at the start (which I like) but then gets very easy once you have decent income rolling in. It seems difficult to go wrong once you have established a city, which stops the challenge a bit.

I enjoy seeing the updates and have subscribed to this thread for more - keep up the good work.

Share this comment

I am super excited to have a city builder that runs on my Kindle fire. It is easy to control and has very nice music. There is a fairly short maximum distance that streets and zones can be dragged when you are building. That means you can play it without messing things up if your elbow gets jostled which makes it great to play on the L when it's crowded.

Share this comment