• UrbanPrince
    UrbanPrince

SimCity Update 1.8 - Police and Roads improved

General

• Police station can no longer hold more prisoners than the capacity.

• Added missing roof texture for certain commercial building.

• Added completion moment cinematic for Great Works.

• Visiting police cars have avatar of neighbor above them.

• Arcology Population reflects the population of the Arcology, not the city.

• Fixed a clog in the pipes where sewage would sometimes get backed up and act jittery.

• Region Wall will pop up when a new chat message has been received.

Road Improvements

• Improvements to cases when connecting a new road to an existing road that goes over uneven terrain.

• Tuned some of the road snapping priorities to address some edge cases where it wasn’t behaving as desired

• Fixed a case where a new road would sometimes cause an existing road to change its shape drastically.

• Made Upgrade Roads mini-tutorial appear at appropriate time.

• Fix to four lane bridge to improve divider line placement.

Text Improvements

• Clarified alerts about residents not moving in because of high taxes to state if it is residents, commercial businesses, or Industry that won't move in because of high taxes.

• Improved text and icons on cities in region view.

• Updated text for "Become a Suburban City" mission to improve clarity.

• Updated requirements text for HazMat garage for clarity.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Probably a typo in the title... 1.8 should be 0.81 ?

Looking through the update lists I am wondering how long it takes untill they finally arrive at the most important and extensive fixes, like 'traffic handling', and 'sims linked to home/work place'.
    It really looks like the game was at v0.8 and are now working towards v1.0.
    I'm happy I didn't buy the game (yet?).

Share this comment

Keep in mind that the development team is made up of specialized individuals. You don't want your 3d art programmer working on server database optimizations to get cheetah speed back, nor do you want your server network programmer working on agent pathfinding.

The other thing to remember is that some fixes are quicker to test and can be patched sooner. The alternative would be to hold off releasing these fixes. Personally I would much rather have fixes being patched when they are waiting instead of waiting until a bigger fix is ready.

Share this comment

I'm happy I didn't buy the game (yet?).

I'm in the same boat. Anxiously awaiting the fixes before I jump in. I've basically just "convinced" myself that the game is not released and will be out this Christmas 2013. By then most of the major issues will be addressed and there will (hopefully) be a bundled expansion and DLC.

Share this comment

There's been more patches for this one in 1 month then they were for Sim City 4 in 10 years,also seem to added a bug that freezes build progression on sites you just demolished

Share this comment

So in addition to the always online fiascos, the game was also released in beta form?  How could so many fundamental glitches pass all the pre-release testing?

They could have held back the game for a couple of more weeks to fix some basic problems and given themselves more time to deal with the (inevitable and predicted) server issues.

This whole title is an embarrassment and a very, very sad chapter in SimCity's evolution.  Thank goodness SC4 Deluxe with NAM is still so good.  Though it may have to last another ten years until Maxis or EA has the courage to re-do (properly, hopefully) SimCity again.

Share this comment

So in addition to the always online fiascos, the game was also released in beta form?  How could so many fundamental glitches pass all the pre-release testing?

Its called allowing only 1 hour of beta play so we couldnt find them

Share this comment

I have just turned Simcity off now getting a bit fed up with it, I have huge traffic/crime/health and fire problems in a very small city with only 3,000 sims its very irritating lol.

Share this comment

SimCity was clearly released too early but I don't think Maxis had much choice in the matter. EA probably forced their hand. This is the problem when perfectionist developers are owned by large, public publishers. Who force unrealistic deadlines because their expected quarterly earnings are more important than the quality of the sold product.

Share this comment

Especially when your last result is underwhelming.

Riccitiello survived the fall of the shares last year based on future projections but it seems that the launch of this disaster  undermined  a market confidence.

Share this comment

Maxis are entirely to blame for this game.  They made all the design decisions and had full control over the game.  Maxis and EA are the same.

Share this comment