• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

I am recreating my hometown of Tucson, Arizona. I am trying to make it as close to real life (within Sim City 4's limitations) as possible including road distances, mountains, and landmarks. So far I have mostly completed some areas including downtown, University of Arizona, South Tucson, El Con Mall, part of Davis Monthan Air Force Base, and other parts of the north and south side of town.

Tucson Overhead.png

University of Arizona.png

University of Arizona Old Main and University Boulevard.png

Downtown Tucson.png

Entries in this City Journal

zomo771

Greetings everyone! I have been working on this project off and on due to college (finally graduated from the University of Arizona *:golly:). Thankfully many parts of town are near finished, although it is a very long way to go to complete the entire valley. 

I have started working on the Catalina Mountains and Foothills. Although it will be some time before I start adding buildings in this area. Foothills.JPG.992ba71b6637759a7fbeaa3f9ff1c568.JPG

Tucson Mall on the north side is done.

593b3c95c89c2_TucsonMall.JPG.ef1fc1f0f82ae4d32b967926ac704c9e.JPG

As is El Con Mall in midtown. (Before it was gutted.)593b3c934e856_ElCon.JPG.60a065fe76b89bbcf64441cc3a43299a.JPG

Pima Air and Space Museum.

593b3c950be58_PimaAirMuseum.JPG.3afd99dea61491130c312d16183a2ed6.JPG

Davis Monthan AFB.

DMAFB.JPG.2b7177cfce5a07605638a799add7209c.JPG

And lastly, the Boneyard.

boneyard.jpg.3e3b3d0028f1cd26d19a7e825c8fd989.jpg

zomo771

I am recreating my hometown of Tucson, Arizona. I am trying to make it as close to real life (within Sim City 4's limitations) as possible including road distances, mountains, and landmarks. So far I have mostly completed some areas including downtown, University of Arizona, South Tucson, El Con Mall, part of Davis Monthan Air Force Base, and other parts of the north and south side of town.

Tucson Overhead.png

Downtown Tucson.png

University of Arizona Old Main and University Boulevard.png

University of Arizona.png

Southeast Side I-10 and Palo Verde and Alvernon.png

Downtown Tucson I-10 and Congress.png

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections