• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Entries in this City Journal

morris128

e6qfsp.png

Hi everyone :)

Today I haven't much to say or rather write :P Allster is almost 1 mln citizens city so you could imagine how big it is. Traveling over city by only your legs will be difficult, so there is many public transport networks around the city of Allster and whole metropolitan area. Today i wanna show you one of the network which is a tram. The tram lines start operates as a single line in 1946, after a Second World War. From 1946 for today tram lines are still operated by the same company TRAM Allster. Today tram network have 6 lines which connecting the major districts of the city and is still developing. Below you can see a tram network map and some pictures from the tram stops ;) Oh I almost forgot - tram stops names are only in Polish because some of them cannot be translated but instructions and communicates are in both languages :) So enjoy and don't forget to buy a ticket :P

wcn2ns.png

zwes0i.jpg

emr6a.jpg

11tsu84.jpg

4loqo8.jpg

149uomo.jpg

2ahsbqp.jpg

715uv6.jpg

j6smeo.jpg

2udwaxt.jpg

2434475.jpg

fjhnv9.jpg

a46gbb.jpg

Thanks for visiting! ;)

morris128

33c1xts.jpg

Hi Everyone!

Take a look at Allser downtown at night ;) No story for today because in Masuria it's midnight and I must to go sleep beacause I need to get up early and go to work :P But I hope that you like my night-taken pictures so enjoy :) City is still under developing so not everythig is perfect. Like my english for example :P:D

11gsvlt.jpg

1625onl.jpg

i6b1cg.jpg

119w9iu.jpg

95y109.jpg

vyaasp.jpg

2urwfhz.jpg

24e3wo4.jpg

23js3u8.jpg

2gwtjk2.jpg

10gfmv9.jpg

zxk4ra.jpg

xdt36b.jpg

2j0bgpt.jpg

2r5q710.jpg

28in9mq.jpg

2w35451.jpg

Thanks for visiting! :)

morris128

Allster is back...!

in48w0.jpg

Hi Everyone!

After a very long brake Allser City is back ;) I hope that I will find time to publishing some updates, maybe it won't be very often, but I'll try to make at least one per month... :D Last year was very hard for me, so I haven't much time to prepare anything for CJ and honestly, I was worried about many things in my real life... But I hope now everything will be better :) So wish me luck, and enjoy a little update ;)  

307xid4.jpg

Thanks for visiting! :) 

morris128

Hi everybody !!! :D

As I said last time I will try to makes updates frequently so here is another update from the Capitol City of Masuria ;)

2q8ukk2.png

Look of the crowded city makes you mad? Are You feel tired after everyday job? Maybe you need some change and active rest ?

So there is a solution for your problems :) Try to relax in places that you have never been before, and of course places accros the city ;) Allster is full of green an wonderful scenic places where is a lot to see and to do... Take a look at pictures below, today I wanna show you "Green around river " ;)

2ibzt52.png

ogkggn.png

jztlig.png

Over the river there is A1 Highway bridge which connects northern West River with rest parts of Allster.

1499n9d.png

Oh you probably remember the pipe that are you asking about? Below there is further part of that pipeline ;) Hmmm... Where is it going you probably wondering and what for is it? Stay tuned and the answer about pipe will came in next updates :]

wahce8.png

33wrs03.png

If you want to go fishing over the river there is a place in West River under the hwy bridge where you can buy some bait or even rent a fihing rod, boat or motorboat :yes: That place is called "Fishers pipeline" :P Hmmm I wonder why? :D

312y1b9.png

2vhx16x.png

2e3opdz.png

And that's the end of today journey thru the green areas of Allster... :)

THANK YOU FOR VISITING AND STAY TUNED :D

mhh13.jpg

TowerDude, slickbg56, Mymyjp, Jacob_G2013, cromabianca, Ln X, coolwiththecool2, Kisa Atsuko, JP Schriefer

as always thank you for your comments, it makes me to work harder with updates and it's motivating and also helps to finding a new ideas for stories to updates :yes: Thak you very much guys :thumb: Oh and slickbg56 here you have links for buildings:

http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=198

http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=196

morris128

Hello everyone in New Year :D

I have a little update for the begining of new year and it's a industrial update i think, so let,s begin. :)

swwfnm.png

Have you ever wonder where the electricity and heat comes from to over 800 000 city such Allster is?

So here is the answer.

23u7rd4.png

Elektrociepłownia Allster S.A. (Heating Plant) was built in 1975 as only a heat production facility and for providing the heat to Port Estate and Port of Allster. In 1978 city council decided to close and demolish Downtown heat plant and connect the downtown and southern districts heat network to "ECA" which needs to be develop. First reconstruction ended in 1982 when the second Heating Block was offcial opened. Thru city growing and still increasing power consumption in 1992 "ECA" started building 3rd Heating Block and prepare the existing two Blocks to produce electricity. From 2002 "ECA" provide heating for 80% population of Allster and electricity to city districts and part of Allster County.

Below you can see a closer view of the facility.

nwk55k.png

ofvzoj.png

34gpu2o.png

21eqcd1.png

And now you all know from where heat and electricity comes to Allster citizens on that cold and rainy winter days ;)

THANK YOU FOR VISITING AND STAY TUNED :D

AND PLEASE VOTE IN POLL!!! :thumb:

oh and yes I know :P there's still no snow in the pictures :P but sorry, it's actual wether in Allster ;)

mhh13.jpg

Mymyjp, Ln X, Schulmanator, JP Schriefer, Tonraq: As always thank you guys for your comments and for wishes of course :) I will try to make updates more recent this year :yes:

morris128

mhh13.jpg

jmsepe Why it's raining? Maybe because I based on what I saw last morning by the window :P

Ln X, feeroz123, JP Schriefer Thank you very much :D

Mymyjp There's no snow because the weather in game depending on actual weather and forecasts from city where I live :yes:

I also wish you Merry Christmas and Happy 2015! ;)

1j00f8.png

Wishes from the Mayor and the City Council of Allster ;)

fkz8m9.png

Even the Masuria Pairlament building have a Christmas illuminations :D

2lw3lts.png

Take a look at the rest of the city :yes:

Christmas Tree in front of City Hall and illuminations.

2j647s2.png

2rwqo20.png

xddpj7.png

28a8h0o.png

Commercial Hirises are also prepared for Christmas :]

21d27ax.png

Television Studios have the most impressive iliumination this year, and they have a big Christmas Tree at Television Square :)

11bnqdl.png

And for the end of that update a little suprise for all citizens who travelling around our city by ZTM services :bunny:

ZTM and metropolitan bus operator PKA prepared something special for 2014 Christmas, all the Solaris Urbino 18 buses have a special Christmas painting :thumb:

14jb3g7.png

Probably it's my last update this year so I wanna wish you all Merry Christmas and all the best in New 2015 Year!!! :)

And as always THANKS FOR VISITING! ;)

morris128

mhh13.jpg

Jacob_G2013, mayorbk, Prophet42, slickbg56, BIWDC, Mymyjp, Schulmanator - thank you for your comments ;) now I have more motivation to continue the CJ

city89 - here you have 2 links for MMP equipment : ,

10mudco.jpg

Hi everyone,

Well we still haven't a snowy winter. Another morning in Allster there's raining, but due to upcoming christmas people doing the last shopping before they will celebrate on Wednesday. The city also became a litlle Christmas so stay tuned :yes:

2ikpow6.png

Thanks for visiting ;)

morris128

Replies

pinkindustry, jmsepe, Mymyjp thanks for your comments :D

city89 here you have a link:

Hello everybody! :)

As I said in previous update today I'll show you construction site on SC A1 highway and eastern part of metropolitan area highway. :D

Overwiev of the A1 highway [clik on image to enlarge view]

24deow5.png

A1 highway was biult in 1929 as a single lane highway to connects Allster City with Dannisk. After second world war it was rebuilt to two lanes highway, reconstruction ends in 1963. Beetwen 1951 - 1968 highway was extended west to Asunen.

Due to city develop and and congestions in rush hours city coucil decided to build a connector that shortened route from the eastern part of the city to the center. The connector was finished in 2001 as a single lane highway with no-collision junctions, but due to still rising number of cars now there is another reconstruction.

Reconstruction of A1 - Southern Connector A1 junction

34eucl0.png

Roadworks on second lane construction site

j8zb5t.png

6f17cj.png

anexvr.png

And for the end below you can see early morning traffic jam on eastern A1 highway

r8imiw.png

344362c.png

And that's all :D

THANKS FOR VISITING! :thumb:

And stay tuned :yes:

morris128

Hello! Today I wanna show you new investitions in Allster city and my first map. Due to quick city and population growth, transportation system needs to be reconstructed and developed. On the pictures below you can see the actual works. :)

6yeahl.jpg

City Department of Public Transport (ZTM) and GLR operator - TRAM Allster, decided to build two new extensions of red Tram line. Map showing two planned new sections of the red line.

21eamnr.jpg

In Northern Allster reconstruction started about moth ago, but there is still a lot to do especially on the big intersections. Below you can see reconstruction of SC A1 Highway and intersection near the Holy Cross Hospital.

33mbi80.png

Works in the direction to Southern Suburbs moving very fast. Below construction of the station near the KS Gwardia Stadium.

s1uwye.png

Next week workers are closing the John Paul II Rondabout due to start reconstruction the avenue to the East River direction.

2rp4epz.png

And for the end of that small update i have a teaser ;) Reconstruction of SC A1 Highway, but more pictures soon so be patient. ;)

212b7zq.png

Thanks for Visiting :thumb:

morris128

Hi everybody !

I was absent for a long time due to my job and I hadn't much time to making new entries. For now I think I will have much more time to show you something new and impressive ;) Today you can read the latest news in Masurian Courier. It's a teaser which showing you my future plans. And don't forget to vote in poll :yes:

2m7wvwz.jpg

Thanks for visiting ! :)

morris128

Hi, at the prvious update you can saw a part of the eastern suburbs, today I wanna show you a closer look to that part of the Allster city. So let's begin ;)

ma840n.jpg

2gy654l.jpg

2qau7mh.jpg

Block of flats from above is a workers estate that is lying near the new gas & oil port. Most of the residents work in the port the rest have an exccellent comunication with the downtown thru Northern Highway.

2zr2plv.jpg

Eastern suburbs it's not only residential buildings. There are many commercial like shops and markets that provides basic products. Also public buildings are importat part of that district. The biggest is shown above - St. John Hospital that provides healthcare to whole eastern suburbs.

2gxn0hv.jpg

Gen. Kasperczak School is a both elemetary and high school that teaches young Allster citizens.

el1yxw.jpg

Thru High Speed rail residents of suburbs can easily and quickly travel to the downtown or airport. It is the only High Speed station in residential area in whole Allster city.

2hx7j2p.jpg

spucsz.jpg

2rr0ump.jpg

Travelling thru suburbs we can see a mixed blocks of flats and cottages.

2ivd2sn.jpg

11ln4mh.jpg

epk3ty.jpg

On the bank of the river we can find a small marina where people can spend their free time during the weekend. Ups some of the boats looks like abadoned but don't worry sailing season started 2 days ago and I think that they will be shining next week ;)

28wp73m.jpg

148lk7s.jpg

hvxtzt.jpg

And that's all... :)

Enjoy and thanks for visiting!!! :D

morris128

After a long brake here is another picture from my city, it is my first mosaic. It shows the part of the city I'm currently working on. On the upper you can see the eastern suburbs and scrolling down it's a industrial harbor on the other side of the river. Suburbs shown below are the biggest residential area in whole Allster.

16iv5np.jpg

Enjoy and thanks for visiting !!! ;)

morris128

Today i wanna show you Port of Allster, the biggest port in Masuria which is still developing and grow. Allster is a city on the coast so the sea transport is one of the ways to exchange tons of cargos from all over the world. It also provides many work place to citizens of Allster. So let's begin our overview.

35bb.png

The heart of the port is control tower. It was built in 2008 to manage all sea traffic in whole Allster Bay. Port consist of many harbors, docks and basins, so army of sea traffic controllers sends ships in right places. Near the control tower there is a coast guard station to provide safety and patrol the sea border in all bay to prevent from illegal crossing.

k9gj.png

f4b5.png

The biggest part of the port is container exchange harbor. It services thousands of container ships every year. 8000 containers from all over the world is reloaded every day in this part of Port of Allster. On the right side we can see the coal harbor which is used to reloading coal, especially for the Allster coal power plants.

4hew.png

Containers are loaded on trains at harbor railyards and transported to many different parts of the city and country. At shorter routes there are also loaded on trucks and delivered to their destination points on time ;)

4v2q.png

Main railyard is a central service station at the port. Locos are serviced at the maintenance hangars and prepared on schedule. Freight trains are also checked at this point by duty officers and border guard officers. Unused wagons waiting here for loading.

8gxk.png

Masuria is a big agricultural producer so at the port is located huge grain reloading harbor. Over 1 million tons of grain is exported from Allster port to all over the world, especially to US and Russia.

tqks.png

Not much too say, simply a highway connector that communicates Port of Allster with the A1 and A2 highway and the whole city of course ;)

And that's Port of Allster.

Thanks for visiting! :D

morris128

ong7.jpg

Hi. Today I want to tell you something about my region called Masuria and it's capitol city Allster.

Masuria was an autonomic region of Poland but after last voting it became a independent republic.

Official flag of Republic of Masuria:

7i0e.jpg

Actual emblem:

2s3i.png

Political system: republic

Head of State: president Mirosław Korkuć

Head of government: prime minister Leszek Wyszek

Official languages: polish, masurian, english

Actual currency: PLN

Population (2014) : 2 356 184

ISO 3166 code: MAS

Internet domain: .mas

Automotive code: MAS

Flight code: SM, SR

Capitol city: Allster (population: 721 389)

Allster coat of arms:

t7wk.png

That will be all info for today and for the end a little teaser ;)

Thanks for visiting :)

e884.png

morris128

Here we are the first page of a most readed newspaper in Allster. Today we can read about the new independent republic. So everything what you need to know about Republic of Masuria you can simply read in newspaper. Enjoy! :)

wu3p.jpg

Thanks for visiting! :) Sorry for my english, it's not perfect :P

morris128

Hi everyone!

After a long time of planning and growing i decided to start my CJ ;) So here it is: "ALLSTER CITY" with a few shots as a teaser. I hope you like it. More pictures and info about my city coming soon so be patient... :)

6b0p.png

hhx3.png

23hh.png

cevd.png

4cuj.png

nev3.png

r996.png

4cvz.png

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections