• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 6 : 18,000 Residents have more reasons to be happy

Sign in to follow this  
tigeria

selbringbanner2.jpg

Replies to Comments :

@crushedcar : Thanks alot! I love to do urbanised landscaping actually, a pity the resources aren't flexible enough. Thus i'm starting to do a little bit of lotediting to suit what i need. But still learning :P

@Skimbo : Thanks alot! :D

@dabadon : Thanks alot! Actually some of the maxis buildings look good. But we cannot deny some seriously look hideous. haha!

@IssacOzzman : Thanks alot! Yea I'm back after rebuilding the city. However only 40% is developed so far. 60% are still grassy plains. :P

==================================================================================================================

Chapter 6 : 18,000 Residents have more reasons to be happy

After going on visits to various neighbourhoods and estates in the city, 3 estates were selected to be part of the rejuvenation project. The upgrading and construction works took 8 months to complete. What we have to say is that we are satisfied with the results and the residents have showed pleasant responses to how their neighbourhoods have turned out to be.

Here are the completed estates:

SIKA AVENUE ESTATE (BEFORE):

pic25beforerejuvenate.jpg

Pic A : The Sika Avenue Estate, located in between Sika Avenue (left) and Hybad Avenue (right). The estate was established in the early 80s and were one of the many estates selected for rejuvenation works.

SIKA AVENUE ESTATE(AFTER)

pic25afterrejuvenate.jpg

Pic B : Pathways were built through the estate for residents to walk and jog. Flowers and plants were planted on the greens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORCHESTER PARK ESTATE (BEFORE)

pic26beforerejuvenate.jpg

Pic C : Worchester Park is just next to Sika Estate, and used to be a British Camp in the 1930s till the 1950s, and was left vacant. Likewise it was converted to residential development in the 80s.

WORCHESTER PARK ESTATE (AFTER)

pic26afterrejuvenate.jpg

Pic D: Park pathways were built to connect the different blocks together. Trees were planted to provide more greenery and shade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLAIRE POINT ESTATE(BEFORE)

pic29beforerejuvenate.jpg

Pic E : Claire Point Estate was built in the 1970s and has undergone new residential developments throughout the years. The rejuvenation project will require several old blocks to be torn down(highlighted orange). The residents will be relocated to the new estate nearby.

CLAIRE POINT ESTATE (AFTER)

pic29afterrejuvenate.jpg

Pic F : Pathways and recreational facilities were added. Open spaces were also made to be venues for neighbourhood events. Mayor Gabriel Honshau was present during the park's opening ceremony, along with the residents of the estate.

pic29afterrejuvenatepic.jpg

Pic G : An Alternate view of the estate. The pathways connect the different sections of the estate and residents are now able to come together.

These 3 rejuvenation works will benefit approximately 18,000 residents directly and many others in the nearby neighbourhoods. These are just the few of the many projects to improve the residential conditions in Tigeria. Parks@Home 2015 will be a dream of the Tigerians and a step closer to be a green country.

Sign in to follow this  

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Great attention to deail. I really love this CJ, even down to the many car parks you have thoughtfully placed around the city. A much overlooked part of all cities throughout the world.

Share this comment

Thanks guys :D yea i love parks, a place for the residents to chill out, relax, exercise and get together with fellow residents after a long day's work. I'm not going for an extremely dense city thus there will be alot of open spaces around. :D

Share this comment

Guest velbob

Posted

Love Claire Point Estate and Selbring Banner...

Share this comment

Replies : 

@bangrahmat : I would love to if i have the chance! 
@Reikhardt : Yes i'm surprised you noticed it. Yup in RL i'm experiencing lack of parking spaces in where i live in. Thus since Tigeria or Selbring is a place where I will want to live in, i hope my Sims will not fret over this issue.

Share this comment