• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Backspin

Sign in to follow this  
Skimbo

Replies:

@Paulobergonci: thank you 1.gif

@TekindusT: hehe, now you know it, I'm glad to know that you will follow it from now on 9.gif

@K50dude: thank you :)

@Skyscraperguy: thank you too for this nice comment.

@CIUU96 thank you too 1.gif

Update 18: "Backspin"

Over 70.000W§§§ citizens are liveing at Lòng Chèng, no wonder that there is a golf club too. But also alota W§§ citizens are enjoing golf as well.....

But they haven't got the default country club with it's chip&putt course, no, they've got an old 9-hole golf course from back in the colonial times. And  I'm going to show it to you today.

Btw: If anyone has questions about golf or specififc vocabulary: feel free to ask Wink

The clubhouse is a villa buildt in the colonial times, Some bunkers, holes and ponds have kept their original english nicknames as well. Some villas buildt back then sourround the Clubhouse too.

The cobblestones of the parking space are the same ones as a hunderd years ago. You can see that golf is a less rich-domained sport than in some other countries, A Lada or a Dacia next to some big german limousines ain't a unusual pic there.....

1802k.jpg

The outdoor range has been taken away from the club after the islands won the "great war" against the britans who had occupied the country for such a long time. Social buildings for the homeless people should have been buildt there, nothing happened. Today it's still an area where they harvest rice every autumn. The club is not allowed to buy this land back, no one knows why.

The old golf course is evil from the beginning. Here at this picture you can see the first hole (bottom) where there is water to the right and out of bounds to the left. The hole at the top is number nine with it's two fairwaybunkers (nicknamed: evil sisters). The water inbetween is called Kimra's lake.

1803.jpg

After playing the secound hole, golfers reach the signature hole (number 3)

1801.jpg

Isn't it beautyful down there?

1806i.jpg

The 3rd green is heavy deffended again, alota water.

1805u.jpg

Here you can see number 4 (at the top, "General Patrick's Hole") and number 5.

1804.jpg

...The "Ricey Hell" numbers 6 and 7

1808.jpg

Number 8 is a short par 3, number nine can be found on the 2nd pic.

Stats: 9 hole par 35 (70)

Hole---Par---Lengh (meters, yellow tee)---HCP

1---4---402m---3

2---4---384m---9

3---5---530m---1

4---4---301m---15

5---3---135m---11

6---4---364m---5

7---4---360m---7

8---3---75m----17

9---4---291m---13

TOTAL

9---35---2842(5684)m

Here you can see some of the colonial villas....

1807g.jpg

And here the whole course....

1809.jpg

What's where?....

1809b.jpg

Some "golfer's vocabulary":

(some expressions may differ in various countries)

Bunker= A sandtrap

Fairwaybunker= A sand trap long away from the green

Green=Very short grass arround the hole

Tee=that's the place where you hit your ball the first time at a hole

Fairway=Short grass in the center of every hole

Semirough= a bit higher grass around the fairway

Rough=High grass

Out= out, ball is lost, rehit.

Signature Hole=That's the most beautyful hole, normally a golfclub shows an image of it at it's mainsite.

Par= info how many times you should hit the ball

HCP= Info how difficult the hole is (compared to the others on the course)

1810b.jpg

1810c.jpg

I hope you've enjoied this update.

Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo Smiley

1train.png

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

You've got a very cool and well designed golf course (I've never played golf, I mean aesthetically)... Just a question, does the fairway grass come with the golf pack? If does, could you tell me what pack is it? I know a simtropolitan who's looking for this exact grass...

Share this comment

Wow, amazing!

It looks so beautiful and realistic, I wish I was good enough to make something like that.

-DC 

Share this comment

Wow, thats a great golf course, I could never make anything like that! Also yay for a train update again :D

Share this comment

This City Journal entry is now closed to further comments.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections