Tankmanks Works

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Around Riyadh city centre

Sign in to follow this  
tankmank

Replies:

pantersimcity4: Thanks, and you don't have to wait to long.

Evillions: Yep there isn't many middle eastern CJ's but there isn't a huge amount of stuff to use but i will make the best and i havn't switched this is just a side project i'm still using Nanzhao it's just on the back burner

DCMetro34: Thanks, i tried to make it look realistic as possible by using google earth and many reference pictures

shyguy from SC4D: Thanks, i think realism is important so i try to make it look as realistic as possible.

ecoba: Thanks Ethan. Nanzhao is just on the back burner for a while but i will hopefully get an update within a few weeks.

Ok lets get on with the first update, Around Riyadh.

Riyadh is the capital of Dumat Al-Badr and is also the largest with a population of about 5.6 million. The city is practically built out of the desert. Due to subsidised petrol, car ownership is at 81% in the city and this has created huge traffic congestion.

riyadh1.jpg

This tower is Prince Fahd Tower and even contains a multistorey shopping centre. When is was finished in 2003 it was the tallest building in the country, now it has been surpassed by a few.

riyadh.jpg

riyadh2.jpg

The temperature can soar to 50?C during the day and so shopping centres have become very popular and now Riyadh is home to multiple very large shopping centres and supermarkets.

riyadh3.jpg

This is part of the older parts of Riyadh.

riyadh9.jpg

Some of the many skyscrapers found in Riyadh's CBD. Riyadh is Dumat Al-Badr's main finacial centre.

I hope you enjoyed this update, In the next update we will still be in Riyadh but taking a look at another side of the city.

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

This is one of the best cj's I have seen in a long time. Love the realism this is a one to keep an eye on. 

Share this comment

Uhm.. No room for improvement, that's for sure.

Everytime I do a city, its always in large scales.
Anyway, I'm loving your city!

Share this comment

Replies

shyguy from SC4D:
Wow, thankyou and i will hopefully provide updates for you to keep up
Ny24: Thankyou, i try to be as realistic as possible but it's only a game
TekindusT: Thanks, It is great to be compared to Jargeah as it was an amazing CJ and quite an inspiration
Sky Guy: Thanks, unfortunately there will be no zoomed out view of Riyadh but perhaps my next city Al Gobar
Ecillions: Thankyou
Kelistmac: Thankyou, it's not really new as i'm still building Nanzhao but its a break from the same old.

Thankyou everyone for the replies it is greatly appreciated.

Share this comment