• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Follomer

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 2: Cathleen Creek Development

Sign in to follow this  
Follarch

And now for a filler update.

Update 2: Cathleen Creek Development

SouthEast Follomer

Cathleen Creek is an entirely new town I just started tonight. It's going to be one of my pet projects because I gave it a nice little river running through it, as well as some props placed along the shoreline such as trees and rocks. So far, I've completed the main stretch of the river that runs through the town itself, as well as several road and High Speed Rail bridges.The town is planned to be small and urban, no major highrises. BUNCH of shops and housing, and maybe even some farmland, unless I choose to go with High Tech industry instead. Either way, I'm gonna need industry to star this town since its not connected to any previous development.

And now I have three, (slightly edited) images of the development to show you of Cathleen Creek.

image1-2.jpg

As you can see, Cathleen Creek is nestled next to a set of hills southeast of the Airport, and northwest of the coastline. To this point, Cathleen Creek is the closest Follomerian town to the Follomer/Virgin Shores border which is to the east.

image3-2.jpg

Click the image for full resolution.

Here is the spot I've chosen to start plopping, and growing buildings. The very bottom of this image shows one of the many river crossings, and further down the river to the right are more of them. Like I said, the river, or "Cathleen Creek" runs through the entire town, as does the HSR line i built instead of Rail. (The HSR bridges are cool lookin :D )

Image2-2.jpg

Click Image for full resolution.

And last but certainly never least is a nice quaint photo of an HSR crossing the river and then also crossing a highway. Since this image seemed already finished in-game, i took the liberty of editing in a misty river. I REALLY like the outcome. :D Now to only get some cars and trains in there too...

And there's the start of Cathleen Creek. Next update will be a story update where Tessa, which is known to be Chancellor Tristan's Neko/Human daughter comes home to St. Krist City.

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Looks like a very nice start to that area.  :)  The black line wasn't necessary though.  We can tell what you're talking about.  :P  

So, how's HSR working out for you? I've considered trying it out in the past, but I've been too chicken to do it...  It sure does look good how you've put it in.

ISF

Share this comment