Lübbenauer Tor

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Street Artwork Spotting

TekindusT

Comment Replies

@gigius76: Thank you! I think there are not enough snowy scenes at night but also... In December the sun rises at 7 a.m. and sets at 4 p.m. here, so it is night most of the time!

@pasqualegiò: Thanks for your compliments!

@MilitantRadical: Thank you for commenting! Don't you have a tea nearby?

@KonstantinII: Thanks! The only thing which is a mod are the snowflakes, which are that masterpiece called JENX Jupiter mod. The snow on the ground and buildings is entirely photoedited.

@Schreifer: As I said to KonstantinII, it is photoedited. Thanks for commenting!

@Benedict: Thanks! I like Moby's new album but this song... it has just "something". Like Stella Maris, Pale Horses, Sandpaper, The Rafters or Dream About Me... Quite unknown Moby songs, are not used in ads... But they have accompained me in those long study nights on my degree, have been playing meanwhile developing my class projects, seen my fall and rise (on studies). OK, sorry for going off topic... ;)

@Gannet: I also enjoy a lot when it snows from time to time! Thanks for your comment!

@Johan_91: Well, I solved your question via PM. Sorry for not answering to your reply, it's been some busy days... You asked if I like Berlin?? Man, I'm even dedicating a CJ to it!! :D

@NMUSpidey: Thank you! I think the seasons give a lot of room for CJing, don't they? Heat waves, snowstorms, leaves falling... You can play a lot with that.

@Gugu3: Thanks!

@spursrule14: Does this mean I'm on the BotB two straight days? ;) Thank you!

@Bastet69008: It is not as awesome as your latest San Theodoros updates! Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5c0f5920e633cce0ffc3ba8c50d78f36.jpg

A bit more alternative music for today's topic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofcn7vKv0FA

It's Sunday and it's sunny! Do you fancy walking around the district to discover some mural artwork? One of the most fascinating things of this city is that you cand find a thoughtful painting or any other piece of street art by turning any corner. Or perhaps you will find it tomorrow. You never know what are you going to see when taking a short walk.

The tour begins very near of Kelisplatz, painted on the wall of one of the oldest buildings around, a pre-war tenements block. As it is old, its colours have faded out with the time. It looks like an advertisement.

50e34f2de48a7fadec5cf11218c73539.jpg

This one speaks for itself, near Schlessiche Straße.

1165156d75bdf4a54796eeb937257f69.jpg

An abandoned building just next to the Landwehrkanal displays one of the most well-known paintings around. This dismal mural musn't be a nice sight for the dwellers of the building in front of it.

Roa-Berlin_Just_July11_1.jpg

Walking north along Lübbenauer Damm and reaching Skalitzer Straße, this painting can be seen, just next to an lot in a countdown to be occupied by a modern and cool building.

We walk Lübbenauer Damm up north again, to reach Blaschkeplatz, with its disticntive landmark and mural painting. It looks like another advertisement in Polish. The drawings show a kind of nails polish (pun not intended), despite the writing says something like "Sweet Box" in Polish language. It remains a mystery for us. Want to sit a bit next to the monument?

32f7e0affbd5403a9f53994517522493.jpg

Almost leaving Kreuzberg, just before arriving to the Oberbaumbrücke, we find this last one, with an U-Bahn train running over our heads, heading to Warschauer Straße.

BLU_Mural_Pink_Oberbaum_Bridge_Street_Art_Berlin_31.jpg

It's been a productive day, wasn't it?

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Love the graffiti murals! Nice an gritty with a bit of political undertone.

Is the building with the skeleton a photo edit, or is it an actually dl'able bat?

Share this comment