• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Key Springs

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

Middle Tenne: Key Springs

In the hills of Francifloriana a fabulous natural resource discovery has feline hearts aflutter. A spring has been found – one with the waters the flavor of sardines. This might not make you thirsty, but in the feline world… well, let’s just say no time was wasted in developing plans to maximize this new resource. Even better: three sardine springs have been found in the area! The area, named Key Springs, is reachable by the windiest, crookedest road in all of Schulmania. Key Springs Road opened recently and hosted a race by Simtropolis denizens with more courage than driving skills. Luckily, all went well and nary a scratch on anyone’s covered wagons. Now that the zany festivities are over with it is time to open the town built near the springs… if we can make it up the steep, windy road. Forward!

ksr1.jpg

Having fun yet?

ksr2.jpg

It’s a bit wiggly…

ksr3.jpg

With a steep ascent up the ridge…

ksr4.jpg

Followed by more steep, wiggly ascent…

ksr5.jpg

Having fun yet?

ksr6.jpg

Hey! It’s Schulmania’s first overpass! The bridge connects two ridgetops with springs on them.

ksr7.jpg

The foliage gets denser as we get closer to the town site, but the road stays curvy as all get out

ksr8.jpg

Like I said, curvy as all get out…

ksr9.jpg

In case you were wondering how curvy curvy as all get out is, it’s pretty dad gum curvy. And in case you are wondering what “all get out” and “dad gum” are, they are part of the spoken vernacular in the Schulminion heartland.

Well, after all that winding around and talking about curviness we have finally arrived! The small town sits on a small knoll and has a few housing clusters in surrounding hollows. The focus of the town is the bottling plant for the sardine water and of course a spa for enjoying the aromatic waters up close and personal. Let’s see it now.

ks01.jpg

Hickory Hollow Road ends here, at these homes. The larger home is owned by Mr. Harvey, a local businessman and grandfatherly sage. Next door to him is the charming cottage of Sarabelle Horne, owner of the local bakery.

ks02.jpg

Key Springs Road ends here, down in Quail Hollow. Did you notice how the town’s bottler Ol’ John has a fountain in his front yard? Makes sense though, when you think about it. If course it has the intoxicating and aromatic sardine scent too.

ks03.jpg

The town’s crossroads on the knoll is where the commercial district, such that it is, operates

ks04.jpg

The Key Springs Spa is located at the left. Several guest houses and shops are next door.

ks05.jpg

Down in nearby Landry Valley, Heartland Road ends here, by these lovely homes. Sardine heiress Juanita Pescador bought the home with the green roof, right next door to local legend Snyder O’Livers.

ks06.jpg

The town clinic’s red brick façade is hard to spot with all of the fall foliage aglow, but there it is at the right!

ks07.jpg

The neighborhood kittens like to play Pin the Tail on the Manx in the street once their homework is done

ks08.jpg

The spa’s second location, near the second spring

ks09.jpg

The Municipal Building is at top left and provides all civic services for Key Springs, including the school

ks10.jpg

At top left is the sturdy spring water bottling facility. You can bet this is a best seller!

ks11.jpg

There’s ample hunting in the surrounding woods as well. Anyone up for chipmunk a la mode?

ks12.jpg

Mr. Harvey’s store is on the ground floor of the Feline National Bank building

ks13.jpg

Sam Iyam lives at the end of the street, in a small home, often cooking his green eggs and ham. Not many stop by to sample the cuisine.

ks14.jpg

But plenty go to the spa to sample the sardine flavored waters!

ks15.jpg

We have been invited to the mayor’s house for sardine water and sardines… let’s go!

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Benedict[/b] You could, but you would be missing out!

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] I am sure that gift will go over VERY well…

[b]SimCoug[/b] Hmmmmm,… it’s worth a try…

[b]USFighter15[/b] Cats are nimble; no tires required!

[b]Daybreak[/b] Thanks! Glad you like it!

[right][Volume 3 Update #272][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/img]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Emperordaniel [/b]Once your military deployment ends, it would be a relaxing lace to visit!

[Volume 3 Update #272.1]
Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.

Share this comment