Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cressa | A Helping Hand from Him (& Her!)

Sign in to follow this  
ThomasSimpson

replies.png

Hellken, ggamgus, Hazani Pratama, Militant Radical: Thank you very much!

1^13: I use a tab of brightness, depth and darkness, before using a deep blur effect. I really like it in daytime shots, although it can often make them darker than I would like I think. In nightshots I use a bright blur to make the lighting bolder.

Evillions: They're actually grown, but absolutely, as the place grows we'll see more of them. By lower density, what do you mean? Less of the orange-roofers and more of Mickebear/JRJ's buildings spread out?

Kruness: The orange-roofers are colonial huts from Simcity Brasil. Here's a link.

Cressa-U01-01.png

Buongiorno from Cattala, where we're continuing our Cressa adventure. This is an important update for the journal, as I'm going to be trying something completely new over the next few episodes which you can find out about at the end of this update. That's all I'm going to say for now, so read on for more!

Today we begin on a road. Now normally a road would not be a very exciting picture, or an interesting one, but in terms of Cressa's development it's vital. The old dirt road to the hamlet has finally been upgraded to a proper road surface, of sorts, so now they don't have to worry about being cut off during a flood or storm.

Cressa-U02-01.png

In addition to the resurfacing, the road has been extended beyond the village and to the north. Now it's not just a little community clinging to a track and a river - it's actually a place, on a map, that travellers can drive through and never notice as they speed past to a big town somewhere north.

Cressa-U02-02.png

Thanks to the road, the hamlet has expanded and some more homes have been built. The local bricklayers and roofers were delighted to have some more trade and even Luca the baker's boy was helping to whitewash the walls last week.

Cressa-U02-03.png

To the south of the main village an even bigger development is occurring. The Castello di Monte's have started growing fruit next to the river, making use of its fertile and moist soil. Loggers have begun clearing away some more woodland alongside the existing farm, so it looks like there'll be more agriculture up there too.

Cressa-U02-04.png

And as our little community continues to grow, the Church has decided to open a small monastery just off the main road. Of course, they tarmacked the whole thing up to their fancy new abbey but didn't offer to do up the rest of the road - oh well. At least Granny Patsy get's to go to Church everyday of the week now. Check out the full mosaic by clicking the link on the picture!

Cressa-U02-06.png

After the foundation of a monastery in Cressa, the local Church has formed a Comuni. They manage the planning applications and minor public services within a small community. And the best news is that you have been made a member of the board! That means that you can help decide the evolution of this new town and what you post below and in future updates will affect the course of the growth of Cressa. Prominent members of the local community will get given rewards and important positions within town.

Cressa-U02-07.png

So what are you waiting for - let's help this hamlet grow!

Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

[i]Evillions: They're actually grown, but absolutely, as the place grows we'll see more of them. By lower density, what do you mean? Less of the orange-roofers and more of Mickebear/JRJ's buildings spread out?[/i]

Yes, but use smaller buildings as your houses and what-not. I'm not sure how it is in Italy or something though.

Anyways, great work dude! I like this new style of *natural* growth, pretty unique! :)

Share this comment

It seems to be a nice little place, and with thick forests keeping things secluded, I wonder if it would make a nice, out-of-the-way getaway for those with the means to afford ever-increasing land values. Perhaps a few villas on the river on a private drive so they can kayak or do some boating. Then they'll probably want markets to buy food and other items...

Share this comment