Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cressa | The Origins of Your Design

Sign in to follow this  
ThomasSimpson

replies.png

Ggamgus: Merci beaucoup! I think that's how you spell it anyway.

Kruness: Thank you for your kind word.

1^13: That means a lot coming from such a talented urban CJer like yourself, as you asserted again recently. Your building placement is far beyond mine.

Simul8ter8: Haha, Thanks! That's very nice of you to say.

NMUSpidey: Thank you again. It's taken a long time, as I'm sure you can recall from earlier updates, for me to find the right style for Cattala. I'm very happy with what I've got at the moment, it's the best I've managed to come up with over the past 84 updates I think.

Huston: Thank you! That means a lot. Can't wait to see your return either.

Hazani Protama, Militant Radical: Thank you both.

Cressa-U01-01.png

Buonasera from Cattala, the Mediterranean's last kingdom. After many weeks in the capital and Lessito, it's time to visit somewhere else on this diverse island. Due to my school commitments, major urban updates are going to become less common over the next few weeks, so I decided that we should take this opportunity to try something different.

Welcome, to Cressa.

Cressa-U01-02.png

Cressa is, at the moment, a small hamlet consisting of a farm, a petrol station and a couple of small homes. It's not set in a specific time, but is in Monte Calida, the central region of Cattala and its most mountainous and sparsely populated.

Cressa-U01-03.png

Over the coming weeks and the next few updates, a three-pronged approach will develop and grow this small hamlet into a village, or maybe even a town. The combination of Simcity, the readers of this journal and a sprinkling of my own ideas whilst I build what you imagine.

Cressa-U01-04.png

So please do take part in planning and growing this small community alongside a river - get involved and post ideas on where to build, what to built and who we should be encouraging to move in! :)

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Mind-blowing-ly beautiful. :O

@Thomas: LOL, I'm just learning French actually, so I don't know how you spell it. Okay, I DO (and you wrote it right), but I'm still just learning. :P

Share this comment

That is pure amazing Thomas! What effect do you add to your pictures? Is that a soft glow, a low blur, or what? It gives it a very smooth look which is splendid. Love it!

Share this comment

So the Ministry of Defence is in a couple of nondescript buildings in the middle of nowhere? If that's the point, then why try to develop it and attract attention in the first place?

Share this comment

NMUSpidey: That's actually a mistake on my part, the Ministry of Defence text is from the previous update in Franogei. I've updated it now so it makes sense - sorry!

We do need suggestions on how to develop this for its first steps of growth though - most of the development of this community will be decided by you, the readers! :)

Share this comment

Plop more of those orange roofed houses in the town's center, they look fantastic! As for the country side, I recommend using more lower-density buildings.

Nevertheless, great update man!

Share this comment